PDA

View Full Version : Glove box latch

BoogerBurns
12-07-2009, 01:40 PM
I broke the part that the door goes up to and latches onto. It broke off at the plastic. Do I have to replace the Dash or can I get another one of those pieces? I looked in the Honda Manual and it was no help.

frantik
12-07-2009, 05:33 PM
can u take a pic?

BoogerBurns
12-08-2009, 05:20 PM
I will tomorrow.

charliekuney
12-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Just get a new glove box. If it's not the rear quarter panel, it's pretty much replaceable on these cars.

accordlover
01-05-2011, 03:40 PM
im having this same problem, the glove box has been hanging since i bought the car and it broke on the plastic peice that the hook mounts to
so im guessing i need a new dash or something?

lostforawhile
01-05-2011, 03:46 PM
are you talking about it broke at the dash itself? or at the glovebox? if it broke at the dash, you can fix it or get a new dash, what you would have to do to repair it, is cut a piece off of a broken dash at the yard, cut it bigger then the broken section, then you have to do some cutting and fitting to work that piece in behind the broken section with some plastic epoxy on it.

accordlover
01-05-2011, 03:57 PM
mine is on the dash. it broke right at the front of the dash piece, i know its part of the dash so how much of the dash do i have to get off so i can get a new peice?

lostforawhile
01-05-2011, 04:13 PM
mine is on the dash. it broke right at the front of the dash piece, i know its part of the dash so how much of the dash do i have to get off so i can get a new peice?
is it the hard plastic piece under the edge of the dash? just get more then you need, you can always trim it later, what I'm saying is you need to layer the piece up behind the edges of the broken piece, with some plastic epoxy, it's going to take some work to do, but it's better then having to replace your entire dash for a little plastic. you might have to put some washers under the catch to move it back down, since it would be sitting up higher then normal

accordlover
01-05-2011, 04:20 PM
okay, imma try that. I just hate having my glove box just hangin there for everyone to see what i got in there. thanks