PDA

View Full Version : fuel pump trouble

beran24
12-07-2009, 07:43 PM
ok so the exi i got wont start. Took a few mins today and pulled the wires off the fuel pump turned the car on checked with a test light no power at the pump. Then checked at the fuse no power there ether. My conclusion is broken wire some where. Just wonderin the clutch saftey switch wouldnt matter if it was in or out i should still have power at the fuel pump right? cus when i tested the clutch wasnt shoved in but thats not wired with fuel pump is it.

ShyBoyCA6
12-07-2009, 07:54 PM
are you sure you didnt pull on fuel pump wires?? maybe causing a short somewhere...look around the fuel tank if the cable is plug in and check yo fuse if not that check the relay fuse

beran24
12-07-2009, 07:58 PM
are you sure you didnt pull on fuel pump wires?? maybe causing a short somewhere...look around the fuel tank if the cable is plug in and check yo fuse if not that check the relay fuse

i unplugged the wires from the top of the inspection hole to test for power, the fuse is good, could you tell me the location of the relay fuse? thanks. if this is all good ill start looking for a short in the wire

ShyBoyCA6
12-07-2009, 08:59 PM
its behind the fuse box it should be a bronze looking one (you see fuses there should be 3 or 4 relays) check to see if your getting power from the main if its out go to the junk yard and get them dont go to any auto store unless you wanna pay 50$$ for one

Demon1024
12-08-2009, 02:17 AM
check the main relay. turn key on should click once. then when lights on dash go out should click again. Lemme see if i can find something.... k

http://www.pauldesign.ru/honda/shopmanual.html

in the manual under fuel and emissions 12-67 that should help
you can test the wiring from the relay to the pump there

beran24
12-09-2009, 07:22 PM
so i went out today after school and got the relay out. I'm gonna test it tomorrow if i have time. JUst wondering to test it all i need to to is hook it up to a battery on the conectors it says in the book then hook a test light on the other conectors?

beran24
12-16-2009, 09:49 AM
tested the main relay when i hook the power to it from the battery like it says in the repair manual to test it. It makes a click. then i run the test light from one conector to the other on all 3 tests that it says to do and there is no light come on so i think thats my problem. headin to the jy to pick up anothr one soon

ShyBoyCA6
12-16-2009, 10:39 AM
Alright man good luck and only go to a store for a last resort if you have no luck

lostforawhile
12-16-2009, 09:02 PM
tested the main relay when i hook the power to it from the battery like it says in the repair manual to test it. It makes a click. then i run the test light from one conector to the other on all 3 tests that it says to do and there is no light come on so i think thats my problem. headin to the jy to pick up anothr one soondo you know how to resolder it? 99 percent of the time the solder connections come loose. it's easy to fix, if you get another one,send that one to me and i'll fix it for you, won't take but a few minutes. then you'll have a spare.

Dr_Snooz
12-16-2009, 09:02 PM
I'd buy that part new myself. They're known to fail quite often on these cars. As hard as they are to get to, why fool around with a used and likely faulty one? Just my $0.02.

beran24
12-22-2009, 07:40 PM
do you know how to resolder it? 99 percent of the time the solder connections come loose. it's easy to fix, if you get another one,send that one to me and i'll fix it for you, won't take but a few minutes. then you'll have a spare.

i'm not gonna bother tryin to fix it but thanks anyway

Bluntman
12-23-2009, 06:59 AM
I'd buy that part new myself. They're known to fail quite often on these cars. As hard as they are to get to, why fool around with a used and likely faulty one? Just my $0.02.

Brother you said.:cheers: