PDA

View Full Version : 3GEE Vs. ?

LX-i
12-08-2009, 11:41 AM
my friend has an older CRX, i dont know much about it except its a D15...from what i have seen, D15s are VERY slow. could i take him in my stock LX-i?

also what hondas have you raced and beat or been beaten by?

Rendon LX-i
12-08-2009, 11:50 AM

LX-i
12-08-2009, 11:55 AM

well that was informative...thanks.

KRCC
12-08-2009, 12:11 PM
what do you have in your car a A20 engine. 12 valve. Do you have any mods. and the Crx does the plugs go straight in to the valve cover.

Tomisimo
12-08-2009, 01:00 PM
even if its a D15 it still powers a CRX that has light body and do have better gear ratio. I have taken on civics with D15 and won, but mainly because they cant shift in time and have a ton with stereo in them.

LX-i
12-08-2009, 02:26 PM
what do you have in your car a A20 engine. 12 valve. Do you have any mods. and the Crx does the plugs go straight in to the valve cover.

A20A3 no mods. and idk about the plugs.

he cant drive btw. we tried to race one time and he killed it at the start. lol so i think i got him lmao

itzdave
12-08-2009, 04:45 PM
do it and find out...
but without any mods, not likely.

Rendon LX-i
12-08-2009, 04:54 PM
well that was informative...thanks.

Cause thats a stupid question. Go out and just do it. IDK what kind of driver you are and what kind of shape your accord is in. that all comes to play doesnt matter how if he has a 1.5 and you have a 2.0 IM supposing you should ....BUT we wont know till you do it

I agree with dave:idea:

2oodoor
12-08-2009, 05:04 PM
OP he was asking about the plugs in the CRX not your car.
interesting thing you should keep in mind, circumstances win races not the cars themselves :confused:

Juggalo88Accord
12-08-2009, 05:39 PM
interesting thing you should keep in mind, circumstances win races not the cars themselves :confused:

Agreed. Ive beatin cars that should have beat me and ive lost to cars i should have smoked.

charliekuney
12-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Agreed. Ive beatin cars that should have beat me and ive lost to cars i should have smoked.

x2

Civic Accord Honda
12-08-2009, 06:52 PM
my civic would not of smoked a 3g unless it was carbed or 86-87 lxi lol

LX-i
12-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Cause thats a stupid question:

OK I WAS ASKING WHAT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE RACED I WAS CURIOUS. SO I DONT THINK IT WAS A STUPID QUESTION.

i just wanted to see what a modded A20 has been up against and beat. if you cant say anything nice why dont you go play on another thread.
:Owned2:

cubert
12-08-2009, 07:34 PM
OK I WAS ASKING WHAT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE RACED I WAS CURIOUS. SO I DONT THINK IT WAS A STUPID QUESTION.

i just wanted to see what a modded A20 has been up against and beat. if you cant say anything nice why dont you go play on another thread.
:Owned2:

Says the guy whos been here for 3 months....

You can bench race all day, it doesnt equal shit. Go to the track and race the CRX. Thats the only way youre gonna answer your question.

LX-i
12-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Says the guy whos been here for 3 months....

You can bench race all day, it doesnt equal shit. Go to the track and race the CRX. Thats the only way youre gonna answer your question.

being here long is completely irrelevant.

i will race him, so lets drop that, i just want to hear what everyone else has raced.

im halfway tired of some of you forum junkies who jump on new people just for asking some simple questions...really....calm down....its just a question...dont have an answer? dont reply.

ShyBoyCA6
12-08-2009, 07:45 PM
lol man and beside if your saying if you have a stock lxi and you asking here pretty much everyone has mods or lil mods...

plus the crx is much smaller and lighter than the 3gee

1.5ltr vs 2.0?? come on bigger engine doesnt mean nothing unless you know what you do to modify it

Bass Man
12-08-2009, 07:50 PM
I've allegedly raced a Civic with VTEC (D or B, couldn't tell), Eclipse Spyder, Geo Storm, and a B16 Civic with as much hop-ups you can imagine without going turbo (I think I heard he ran close to 13 on the 1/4)... There's more, but these are the ones that stuck out.

The first Civic, I had him for about 100 yards, then he got VTEC in 3rd and whooped me... He slowed back down and hovered right at and above the crossover and mocked me with it... haha!

The Spyder took off WAY better than me and I kept him within 2 car lengths till the next light.

I played with the Geo Storm for about 3 lights, then I got on it and smoked the shit outta it... It was one of those failed attempts to rice a Storm... I'll never forget the sound of that POS without a downpipe... heh.

I followed my buddy with the 94 Civic with the JDM B16. He just put some kind of cams in it and it was wicked fast. I was cruising with him about 90 or so, and he just takes off like we were at a stop-sign... Goosebumps...

I don't remember where my flame-suit went, but I think I can handle it pretty well tonight. No one was hurt, no one is ever hurt around here for "Street Racing"...

charliekuney
12-08-2009, 09:09 PM

Again, x2. Other than the fact that racing on the street is the same as racing on a track, just less safe/legal.

LX-i
12-09-2009, 06:38 AM
I've allegedly raced a Civic with VTEC (D or B, couldn't tell), Eclipse Spyder, Geo Storm, and a B16 Civic with as much hop-ups you can imagine without going turbo (I think I heard he ran close to 13 on the 1/4)... There's more, but these are the ones that stuck out.

The first Civic, I had him for about 100 yards, then he got VTEC in 3rd and whooped me... He slowed back down and hovered right at and above the crossover and mocked me with it... haha!

The Spyder took off WAY better than me and I kept him within 2 car lengths till the next light.

I played with the Geo Storm for about 3 lights, then I got on it and smoked the shit outta it... It was one of those failed attempts to rice a Storm... I'll never forget the sound of that POS without a downpipe... heh.

I followed my buddy with the 94 Civic with the JDM B16. He just put some kind of cams in it and it was wicked fast. I was cruising with him about 90 or so, and he just takes off like we were at a stop-sign... Goosebumps...

I don't remember where my flame-suit went, but I think I can handle it pretty well tonight. No one was hurt, no one is ever hurt around here for "Street Racing"...

thanks for getting the idea of the thread and not being completely rude. sounds cool. lol i would hope you would beat a geo storm.

lostforawhile
12-09-2009, 06:38 AM
my civic would not of smoked a 3g unless it was carbed or 86-87 lxi lol

beat nor what was coming out the exhaust :rofl:

lostforawhile
12-09-2009, 06:40 AM
the problem is the crx is basically made out of the same gauge sheet metal as a coke can, and the accord is actually steel, you will do a lot better in a wreck then he will though. I leaned on a crx at the yard once and put a huge dent in the quarter panel.

LX-i
12-09-2009, 06:42 AM
the problem is the crx is basically made out of the same gauge sheet metal as a coke can, and the accord is actually steel, you will do a lot better in a wreck then he will though. I leaned on a crx at the yard once and put a huge dent in the quarter panel.

ROFL wow thats funny, idk that thing is so sluggish....he has tried to leave me and ive stayed behind him, and that was with two people in the accord....idk we will see soon...ill inform on how it goes.

Rendon LX-i
12-09-2009, 07:54 AM
Im just telling you what i was told when i was New...... Simple as that. Nothing to get your panties in bunch. Every car is different.

LX-i
12-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Im just telling you what i was told when i was New...... Simple as that. Nothing to get your panties in bunch. Every car is different.

hmm...i still see nothing informative. how come you use the same "panties in a bunch" term everytime? its getting old.

charliekuney
12-10-2009, 04:21 PM
its getting old.

So is this thread...?

LX-i
12-10-2009, 06:20 PM
So is this thread...?

maybe to you, so why click on it?

you forum junkies confuse me....flaming things for no apparent reason...grow up? wow and im 17 lol:wtf:

ShyBoyCA6
12-10-2009, 07:34 PM
man get g power plugs and close this thread and race him end of story

charliekuney
12-10-2009, 08:08 PM
I'm seventeen, probably younger than you, and I'm not flaming anyone. I had to click on it to see that it became pointless. If you read over older threads, you would have seen that starting this one would just get you flamed.

LX-i
12-11-2009, 06:48 AM
man get g power plugs and close this thread and race him end of story

the crx is not the main point of this thread, i just wanted to ask what others have raced and beat. like legend_masters car, i want to know what he has raced!

MessyHonda
12-12-2009, 07:19 PM
the crx is not the main point of this thread, i just wanted to ask what others have raced and beat. like legend_masters car, i want to know what he has raced!

your car is no where close to legend masters car... most people just have bolt ons but from factory its like a 17 sec quarter mile

ShyBoyCA6
12-12-2009, 07:35 PM

alright man you cant compare his car to yours cause he modify his car and unlike you, you have your car "bone stock" even if he does tell what he raced your own car wont even be a match for them cause they probably have tuned up...ill put it this way if your gonna race make sure you modify your car then race and if you would to race me you'll probably lose not by much but still lose

dont mean to a asshole or whatever but its the truth if you ask someone they will just laugh at you for having a bone stock car and asking to race...

Bass Man
12-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Wow... Totally on the wrong track here, guys. Why not inspire the weak to become stronger instead of taking their shoes??

lostforawhile
12-12-2009, 09:06 PM
you could install SU's on your car, but it takes a long time and is very expensive, one of these days i'll get it finished. need to get healthy again first.

ShyBoyCA6
12-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Wow... Totally on the wrong track here, guys. Why not inspire the weak to become stronger instead of taking their shoes??

hmm your rite bassman....well im here to help the little guy but is he willing to spend his time and money?? if so ill help lx-i to list some parts

Bass Man
12-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Lost is gonna have a helluva car when it's done. It's been under the knife for something like 5 years at least?? haha.

fijisac
12-12-2009, 09:41 PM
well ok first of all, is ur a sedan, couple, or a hatch? how well is ur car maintain? i have raced a 94 civic with non vtec d15b7 motor and well i could not say i won but i could have done better. keep dis in mind, u have a 22 year old car with gas saving gear ratio's and high miles on it, its not fast in today's world but it was fast when it first come out. here is the video of me vs 94 civic....

civic = aem SRI, rebuilt head, 2 1/2 piping
me = stock A20a3 with 200 pound cholo in the passenger seat, and junk in the trunk, with automatic tranny

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/dhays0509/th_demonessecondpullonshane.jpg (http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/dhays0509/?action=view&current=demonessecondpullonshane.flv)

and on dis video, that is not me laughing but i'm friend and pulls e-brake at end

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/dhays0509/th_shaneschirp.jpg (http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/dhays0509/?action=view&current=shaneschirp.flv)

Bass Man
12-12-2009, 09:42 PM
It's not so much as a parts list, but how well those parts performed over stock. "OBD1, aftermarket intake manifold (not just intake), cam, header, teggy gear box, ect. and I beat my buddies 86 Supra!" Kinda deal.

Bass Man
12-12-2009, 09:46 PM
me = stock A20a3 with 200 pound cholo in the passenger seat.
:rofl::lol:

But was that civic an Auto?

fijisac
12-12-2009, 09:47 PM
:rofl::lol:

But was that civic an Auto?

nope it had a 10 speed dx tranny (10 speed = manual tranny, lol)

lostforawhile
12-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Lost is gonna have a helluva car when it's done. It's been under the knife for something like 5 years at least?? haha.

three years, I would be done already if i hadn't kept getting laid off and hadn't gotten sick :wave:

ShyBoyCA6
12-12-2009, 09:52 PM
lol 10 tranny man LX-i put up some pics of yo car man gives us details of the ride

lostforawhile
12-12-2009, 09:56 PM
lol 10 tranny man LX-i put up some pics of yo car man gives us details of the ride
who me? i have a website it's on my signature

ShyBoyCA6
12-12-2009, 09:56 PM
well ok first of all, is ur a sedan, couple, or a hatch? how well is ur car maintain? i have raced a 94 civic with non vtec d15b7 motor and well i could not say i won but i could have done better. keep dis in mind, u have a 22 year old car with gas saving gear ratio's and high miles on it, its not fast in today's world but it was fast when it first come out. here is the video of me vs 94 civic....

me = stock A20a3 with 200 pound cholo in the passenger seat, and junk in the trunk, with automatic tranny

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/dhays0509/th_demonessecondpullonshane.jpg (http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/dhays0509/?action=view&current=demonessecondpullonshane.flv)

and on dis video, that is not me laughing but i'm friend and pulls e-brake at end

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/dhays0509/th_shaneschirp.jpg (http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/dhays0509/?action=view&current=shaneschirp.flv)

not bad keeping up....civic is much lighter than the 3g but nice run man

ShyBoyCA6
12-12-2009, 09:58 PM
who me? i have a website it's on my signature

nah sorry lost i meant the guy that started the thread his name well i dont know it but its Lx-I

fijisac
12-12-2009, 10:04 PM
dude, if you want to go faster, then remove that long tube going to you air cleaner but leave the air box on so u don't loss fuel economy (rep your Honda with 30+mpg) if its a 5 speed then do a couple of runs ( launch at all different RPM's and see which rpm range launch's better {you don't want lose traction but at the same time you don't start out slow either} and you don't have to shift at redline either, shift when you feel like your car is losing power, kinda hard to do in a 4 cylinder but can be very affective.) if its a automatic then start in D4 the when it second gear shift into 2 run it unit redline which is like 70 mph but i am not responsible for any damage you do to your car then shift into d3.

sorry for the blog of info but you want to win right?

fijisac
12-12-2009, 10:05 PM
not bad keeping up....civic is much lighter than the 3g but nice run man

lol thx, that's when i first bought the car, when it needed a tune up

ShyBoyCA6
12-12-2009, 10:17 PM
well i know this might be dumb but a mustang rolled next to revd his engine and i was come on not now and he revd 3 more times and then i gunned it manage to beat him on the take off but then on the long run he beat but i slowed dont while going to 4 gear needed a tune up bad when i changed my plugs they were dark brown ass hell lol and mustang was a auto trans and i raced a turbod civic ex 5spd

MessyHonda
12-13-2009, 11:42 PM

i wish i had a vid of this one civic of that year that i whopped on

Rendon LX-i
12-14-2009, 01:33 AM
hmm...i still see nothing informative. how come you use the same "panties in a bunch" term everytime? its getting old.

Whats getting old. Panties in a bunch meaning your getting all mad that we cant answer your question. CORRECT? im just saying how do we know. EVERY CAR IS DIFFERENT.....listen to what im saying. different sea levels and where you live, how well your engine is kept. shit like that ALL COMES TO PLAY. and its a fucking CRX:slap:....I mean come on guy. IM not beening mean BUT its like me saying.....

WOULD i beat a Hyundia Accent? LOL well idk tell me. NOOBS tend to ask dum questions BOUT whos going to win :rice:.....Whats getting old is that you think mouthing off to me making you look good.

I just told you the truth. Stupid question no hard fellings it was just STUPID. Dont ask something like that. REMEMBER EVERY CAR IS DIFFERENT. doesnt matter if we have the same motor. different Altitude well make a car preform way different.

I GOT no beef im just pointing out the straight facts. NOW again dont get your panties in a Bunch and get all hurt over something we cant tell. One person can say he beats em and one says he hasnt...and if you belive a person and go out an race an lose then your going to come back an say O Muther Phucker 3geez guys said ill win....

Anywho what a waste of time i wrote typing this....was not even worth it.:Owned2:

swell
12-14-2009, 03:07 AM
Whats getting old. Panties in a bunch meaning your getting all mad that we cant answer your question. CORRECT? im just saying how do we know. EVERY CAR IS DIFFERENT.....listen to what im saying. different sea levels and where you live, how well your engine is kept. shit like that ALL COMES TO PLAY. and its a fucking CRX:slap:....I mean come on guy. IM not beening mean BUT its like me saying.....

WOULD i beat a Hyundia Accent? LOL well idk tell me. NOOBS tend to ask dum questions BOUT whos going to win :rice:.....Whats getting old is that you think mouthing off to me making you look good.

I just told you the truth. Stupid question no hard fellings it was just STUPID. Dont ask something like that. REMEMBER EVERY CAR IS DIFFERENT. doesnt matter if we have the same motor. different Altitude well make a car preform way different.

I GOT no beef im just pointing out the straight facts. NOW again dont get your panties in a Bunch and get all hurt over something we cant tell. One person can say he beats em and one says he hasnt...and if you belive a person and go out an race an lose then your going to come back an say O Muther Phucker 3geez guys said ill win....

Anywho what a waste of time i wrote typing this....was not even worth it.:Owned2:

ehhh, i personally believe there are two types of noobs, there are the ones who actually wanna learn an improve their shit an ask hella questions (dumb or smart) but dont mouth off an act like they know all about something when they dont know shit (like me)

then of course you have the other type, they ask questions like "do you think if i tubosupercharge my car will it beat a lambo?" an they tend to down talk an egg on the more seasoned 3gee'rs (not saying any names)...

LxAcc510
12-14-2009, 04:04 AM
straight line racing...meh

ShyBoyCA6
12-14-2009, 05:25 AM
lol man funny ass post going on in this thread

Rendon LX-i
12-14-2009, 08:54 AM
i know...i really dont care. HE should win. no doubt. but he just has to do it.

ShyBoyCA6
12-14-2009, 10:59 AM
Yeah I get you... but I know for a fact that he won't win

LX-i
12-14-2009, 07:25 PM
hmm your rite bassman....well im here to help the little guy but is he willing to spend his time and money?? if so ill help lx-i to list some parts

well here is what i used to do before i drove cars....well i still play with it...

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/87/l_7d980b6e4f814b128a431277f8b26c3c.jpg
so yeah, you can bet it diddnt look anything like that when i bought it. but
if you wanna talk about it, thats where you guys become the "noobs" lol

charliekuney
12-14-2009, 07:34 PM
but if you wanna talk about it, thats where you guys become the "noobs" lol

Not necessarily.

ShyBoyCA6
12-14-2009, 08:17 PM
... come on boy if where into cars what makes you so sure we are not into bikes? man....do you always think your better than someone or what? think again i bet some of these guys know about bikes but not me mostly into sport bikes but i aint no noob if something aint interesting for me to work on

cubert
12-14-2009, 08:20 PM
well here is what i used to do before i drove cars....well i still play with it...

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/87/l_7d980b6e4f814b128a431277f8b26c3c.jpg
so yeah, you can bet it diddnt look anything like that when i bought it. but
if you wanna talk about it, thats where you guys become the "noobs" lol

Ive been riding since I was 4 years old, and working on motorcycles/atvs/snowbobiles for the past 4 years to make a living..so not all of us are noons to these :thumbup:

Nice looking ATV though, 300/400ex? If im wrong, bear with me. I have a craptastic version of windows going for me so most pictures loo like they were painted by a three year old with random colored crayons at their dispoasal :lol:

ShyBoyCA6
12-14-2009, 08:31 PM
the v2s 250r is bad ass

http://www.speedmotorsportsllc.com/images/V2S250R_7.jpg

the yamaha R1
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://national-motor-sales.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/red-2004-yamaha-yzf-r1-300x279.jpg&imgrefurl=http://national-motor-sales.com/%3Ftag%3Dused-sport-bikes&usg=__i4XHsQu99wn4iuq5V7GAHhuSllc=&h=279&w=300&sz=29&hl=en&start=42&sig2=lyDhYyDImoNCSI3_eDRMwg&um=1&tbnid=7Lv1A9LO694hqM:&tbnh=108&tbnw=116&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsport%2Bbikes%2Byamaha%26ndsp%3D18%26 hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26start%3D36%26um%3D1&ei=4xAnS7zYO5CusQPijeGnDA

Bass Man
12-15-2009, 12:01 AM
I have a craptastic version of windows going for me so most pictures loo like they were painted by a three year old with random colored crayons at their dispoasal :lol:
It looks like a really nice rig from here. Kinda like a sleeper quad.

Bass Man
12-15-2009, 12:05 AM
the v2s 250r is bad ass

http://www.speedmotorsportsllc.com/images/V2S250R_7.jpg

the yamaha R1
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://national-motor-sales.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/red-2004-yamaha-yzf-r1-300x279.jpg&imgrefurl=http://national-motor-sales.com/%3Ftag%3Dused-sport-bikes&usg=__i4XHsQu99wn4iuq5V7GAHhuSllc=&h=279&w=300&sz=29&hl=en&start=42&sig2=lyDhYyDImoNCSI3_eDRMwg&um=1&tbnid=7Lv1A9LO694hqM:&tbnh=108&tbnw=116&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsport%2Bbikes%2Byamaha%26ndsp%3D18%26 hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26start%3D36%26um%3D1&ei=4xAnS7zYO5CusQPijeGnDA
If you say so!! 2 wheelers don't like me, so I don't like them!!

I rode a KX250 for about 10 seconds and it told me to get off and I did.:Owned2:

I've been riding 3/4 wheelers since I was about 4 as well, but I haven't owned one for about 5 years now, so I am way rusty. I rode a 660 Raptor at the dunes and it tried to buck me off so I had to get rough with it. I won that time... I can handle thumb throttle, not twist.:chainsaw:

LX-i
12-15-2009, 07:24 AM
Nice looking ATV though, 300/400ex? If im wrong, bear with me. I have a craptastic version of windows going for me so most pictures loo like they were painted by a three year old with random colored crayons at their dispoasal :lol:

lol thats funny, but yeah 400ex, you can tell its the 400 from the header, its a dead giveaway, see how i have a 2-1 exhaust? 300exs are just 1.

but yeah, its kind of a sleeper....i have racing plastics so that usually tells someone i have something in it...lol

i dont get it, how come im always accused of things? no, i dont have to be better than anyone....but i probabally have more knowledge of atv's than a LOT of people here....i mean just because you guys know more about 3geez doesnt make you better than me...so i mean it goes both ways.

LX-i
12-15-2009, 07:26 AM
I rode a 660 Raptor at the dunes and it tried to buck me off so I had to get rough with it. I won that time... I can handle thumb throttle, not twist.:chainsaw:

LMAO im surprised you diddnt blow the tranny when you rode one of those pieces....660s are notorious for TERRIBLE trannys...

charliekuney
12-15-2009, 08:22 AM
I rode a 350 trike-thing and practically broke my face realizing that they don't turn as well as a quad.

LewZur
12-16-2009, 06:47 AM
lol man funny ass post going on in this thread

:werd:

Speaking of bikes, :lol: I'm a 2 wheeler myself, currently riding a 85 zn1100ltd :D

LX-i
12-16-2009, 10:28 AM
i like dirtbikes, but i'd rather have a quad, i also love sportbikes. they are cool, i hope to buy like a cbr400 to 600 whenever i get a little older.

Rendon LX-i
12-16-2009, 11:54 AM
i rode a CBR600 and man im a rookie. almost wiped out turning doing 45 lol. but wasnt no regular turn i was leaning pretty good. Very good choice

LX-i
12-17-2009, 07:06 AM
so come on who has a quad, who wants to line em up. :devil: