PDA

View Full Version : More urethane bushings for us.

nswst8
12-09-2009, 11:25 AM
I was doing some searching and found that the 3rd and 4th gen accords share the same front strut mount bushing and energy suspension makes a bushing kit 16.8106G or 16.8106R

I have a set on order.

Unfortunately they don't make a rear set, I'm still looking.

Honda's OEM rubber bushing are solid, mine look great after 20 years of use.

Stay away from KYB, I'm going to be redoing the struts I just did with the KYBs. They suck!

lostforawhile
12-09-2009, 11:42 AM
I was doing some searching and found that the 3rd and 4th gen accords share the same front strut mount bushing and energy suspension makes a bushing kit 16.8106G or 16.8106R

I have a set on order.

Stay away from KYB, I'm going to be redoing the struts I just did with the KYBs. They suck!
keep us updated mine are bad on the front and it's just another of 19388575 projects i need to do

nswst8
12-18-2009, 10:19 PM
I just finished putting the front ones on and they are are great! They are Energy suspension 16.8106R front shock bushing set.

I put the Tokico struts on and they come with their own bushings but after seeing the KYBs and the tokico, honda's and these. The only one's I would ever use is Honda OEM or these Energy suspension's.

Civic Accord Honda
12-18-2009, 11:16 PM
i should get a pic of my front ones.... they turned to dust my fron right shock sits half a inch lower becuase the bushing is basicly gone... i need to order the master bushing kit soon...

MessyHonda
12-19-2009, 01:48 AM
yeah i think openloop ran thoes in the coupe but he took them so i had to go to napa auto parts and bought some oem replacement

Legend_master
12-19-2009, 08:09 AM

I have a set on order.

For the rear, are you speaking of the upper or lower bushings? Ive found a solution to the rear lower shock bushings. Check here (http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?p=730551#post730551) for the details.

nswst8
12-19-2009, 08:54 AM
No, these are for the strut top mount bushings.

LX-incredible
01-25-2010, 10:49 PM
For the rear, are you speaking of the upper or lower bushings? Ive found a solution to the rear lower shock bushings. Check here (http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?p=730551#post730551) for the details.

Why do you people keep suggesting parts that don't fit? Still have a few to sell? The outer sleeve should be pressed in, not installed by hand. A loose fit will always work its way looser. Use the correct part, it's cheap enough and you won't need to dick with it again.

8-904 (RR SHOCK BUSH UP/LWR 96-00 CIVIC) presses in the rear spindles perfectly. The upper bushings included in the kit fit perfectly in the front so nothing goes to waste.

Check this thread for every polyurethane bushing that will fit our cars:
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65258

nswst8
01-31-2010, 04:01 PM
Well went back in and replaced the KYB strut mount bushing. WOW! What a difference. I reused the OEM honda that I originally replaced.

So again, "DO NOT USE ANY OTHER BUSHINGS THAN OEM HONDA OR POLYURETHANE"

Another note, I replaced the strut rod bushings as well, I replaced them with Moog 9517 before I left Texas. I replaced them with Prothane urethane bushing and WOW! what a difference.

AccordEpicenter
02-01-2010, 01:51 PM
I still have rear lower prothane shock mount bushings around if you guys need some, PM me

2drSE-i
02-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Were the metal collars supposed to be reused on the front applications? FYI accordepicenter, the same ones you have extras of are actually meant for the 4g accord. They are the ones that LX-incredible is advising against, and the ones that are close enough for Legend_master. Having done the math myself, they are ridiculous close, but not the same.

LX-incredible
02-01-2010, 07:15 PM
^ Definitely not the same. I still have some around here, I could post a video of dropping them through the bore in the spindle.

The metal collars on the front strut mounts get reused, the radius rod collars get shortened and reused.

AccordEpicenter
02-01-2010, 07:52 PM
yeah these are the 4g accord ones. I havent had any trouble with them but i dont really have alot of miles on them...

2drSE-i
02-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Alright guys, thought I'd give this a bump for confirmation. Taken straight from Federal Mogul's Catalog.

Rear Lower Shock Bushing

97-99 CL
86-89 Integra
87-90 Legend
95-98 TL
92-94 Vigor
86-97 Accord
84-88 Civic
88 CRX

I think this should serve as enough proof for everyone. I do believe that the metal sleeve needs to be reused, however.

stat1K
02-10-2010, 11:55 AM
^ Definitely not the same. I still have some around here, I could post a video of dropping them through the bore in the spindle.

The metal collars on the front strut mounts get reused, the radius rod collars get shortened and reused.

this ^ is enough proof for me man, not a damn thing he has ever told me has been incorrect on these or any other car. fyi...

LX-incredible
02-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Alright guys, thought I'd give this a bump for confirmation. Taken straight from Federal Mogul's Catalog.

Rear Lower Shock Bushing

97-99 CL
86-89 Integra
87-90 Legend
95-98 TL
92-94 Vigor
86-97 Accord
84-88 Civic
88 CRX

I think this should serve as enough proof for everyone. I do believe that the metal sleeve needs to be reused, however.

...Except that the kit in question is for the accord rear lower control arms, not the shock bushings.

2drSE-i
02-10-2010, 09:25 PM
...Except that the kit in question is for the accord rear lower control arms, not the shock bushings.

Oh, my bad. I'm retarded your right.

Maybe where i got confused was that legend was using the 4g RLCA bushings for a lower shock bushing.

nswst8
03-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Why do you people keep suggesting parts that don't fit? Still have a few to sell? The outer sleeve should be pressed in, not installed by hand. A loose fit will always work its way looser. Use the correct part, it's cheap enough and you won't need to dick with it again.

8-904 (RR SHOCK BUSH UP/LWR 96-00 CIVIC) presses in the rear spindles perfectly. The upper bushings included in the kit fit perfectly in the front so nothing goes to waste.

Check this thread for every polyurethane bushing that will fit our cars:
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65258

This is "CONFIRMED" 8-904 (RR SHOCK BUSH UP/LWR 96-00 CIVIC)

I just put these in the rear knuckle's on the on the disc conversion I'm prepping.

Just remember to disassemble the new bushing before trying to install them. This is a great upgrade, highly recommended.

Thanks Angus,

MessyHonda
03-08-2010, 02:33 AM
pics

nswst8
03-08-2010, 08:04 AM
I don't have any pics of this one. I'll snap a couple. The process is pretty simple. Just alittle time consuming.

Disassembled the knuckle.
Drift punched out the two bolts directly above the bushing.
Drilled out as much of the rubber bushing as possible.
Used channel locks to twist out the the center collar.
Used hack saw blade to barely cut through the bushing sleeve. (Very soft metal)
Drift punched the sleeve out.

Disassemble the new bushing.
Tap in the sleeve with a socket of same diameter. Just make sure sleeve is square as you tap it in.
Insert bushings and center collar
Reassemble knuckle
Done

I have a great vise, that makes it easy to hold the knuckle in place. But it can be done without a vise.