PDA

View Full Version : 4 inch drop on an 89 accord?

davidshonda
12-09-2009, 05:15 PM
is it possible? i would see if tires rubbed at 4 inch and roll the fender. it would probably would, but i just want to be slammed. putting on GC will drop me 3, but will adding a certain shock drop me even lower? and if so which shock? ohh and is it possible to put skunk 2 on my 89 hatch?
thanks

Bass Man
12-09-2009, 06:01 PM
Is it gonna be a show car or daily?? Cuz it won't be any fun to drive other than on the track after such a drop.

davidshonda
12-09-2009, 06:14 PM
daily. haha. my car is really bouncy already. i mean my friends civic is dumped but rides pretty smooth. he is a couple fingers off the ground. he is on skunks. thats why i asked about them. i know what im trying to do (basically) just dont know what will fit.
my friends integ has ground controll, i took a look at them and it seems it can drop lower than three inch but there was a ring around the sleeve wich wouldnt let it go lower.

Bass Man
12-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Well, if your gas stations aren't too high for your buddies Civic, then it shouldn't be too bad if you slam it. I have no idea about slammed cars, but if that Civic is slammed and smooth, he's either really lucky, or there are REALLY expencive coil-overs under it.

Hash_man_Se_i
12-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Ground controls can get you lower that 3 inches I would say... I have them on my car and I could lower mine about another inch or something on the ground controls, but then it wouldn't go anywhere, it already is bad enough. My car currently has less then 3" of ground clearance to the crossmember in the front as I can no longer fit my low profile jack in there without driving up on wood or something first.

Tomisimo
12-09-2009, 09:31 PM
I wouldnt recommend it, it will be a bone shaking ride believe me. I have 2" at the front and 1.6 at the back and I think its to much. the ride is hard and I loose some of its handling as the car is bouncy at the speed bumps or put holes. it really do jump. If you really want to lower your car, go with Air susp, that way you can lower it and rice it up.
I'm going to change my springs to 1.6/1.5" soon.

AccordB20A
12-09-2009, 10:17 PM
we couldnt even legally lower our cars that much over here, we have to have 4 inches of clearance between the road and the lowest point on the car.

Bass Man
12-09-2009, 10:32 PM
Here, your frame can't be lower than your wheel, but I almost scrape and I'm stock ride hight. I'm gonna lower the rear about 1/2" and the front about 1 1/2" so I get a pretty even ride and my struts don't hate me. I'm gonna have a lot of weight in the back from my system, though.

davidshonda
12-10-2009, 12:11 AM
hey hash man, what struts are u on? cuz the GC is just the sleeve right?
and yeah my friend scrapes everywhere. i asked him today and he dropped his car bout 5 inches. but around here its kinda the trend. i like it tho. i cringe everytime im in his car, but it looks pretty sick i must say. and cops around herewill only pick on yur car if their bored. weve driven by cops all the time. right now im on sprints with blown shocks. :[ i know im an idiot. but im trying to fix it up right. im slightly tucking tire in the front but i cant stand my wheel gap in the back. im deff down to be low and slow.
Any lude coilovers fit front and back? and if they do what year?

Hash_man_Se_i
12-10-2009, 12:40 AM
I have tokico blues in the rear, and Koni reds in the front... Still a little bouncy for my liking.

Where abouts are you located davidshonda?

BTW check link in my sig for pics of my car and drop.

Bass Man
12-10-2009, 10:44 AM
Good tip on the negative camber in the front, search this site for the 2g Prelude front UCA's (Upper Control Arm), I heard they give you a good amount of camber back.

davidshonda
12-10-2009, 03:25 PM
hmm so you say your koni and tokico with ground control can drop more than three in? front and back.
yeah ima go to my local pick and pull and try and get those lude arms.
i am in San Jose CA

MessyHonda
12-10-2009, 07:14 PM
hey a bay area person.....DONT LOWER YOUR CAR THAT MUCH...i drive my car that is 2.25 inch drop in the front and 2 inch in the rear and i already scraped my front crossmember and downpipe on my DC headers

davidshonda
12-10-2009, 11:42 PM
where u around messy honda?
im kinda down to scrape tho. i dont WANT to, but my car is slow. if i cant be cool going fast might aswell look cool going slow haha

stat1K
12-11-2009, 08:21 AM
buy the k-sport kontrol pro's if you want to go that low, but i wouldn't advise going that low ever.

MessyHonda
12-12-2009, 07:31 PM
buy the k-sport kontrol pro's if you want to go that low, but i wouldn't advise going that low ever.

yeah even 2 inch drop is kinda low...my poor front cross member is getting beat up.

geej07
12-12-2009, 08:02 PM
I've got skunks 2s on my 88 4dr it rides great just a little bumpy but really not to bad. My coils are for a ef civic. The backs were a little short but the fronts fit perfect. I just got some blocks from advance auto an it but the rear back up to where its sopost to be.

Pico
12-12-2009, 09:45 PM
I've got goldlines on my 89 with 2.25 drop on tokico shocks and Ive got to slow down when ever I can