PDA

View Full Version : Selling my 3gee! 1988 LX-i Sedan

Project-LXi
12-11-2009, 04:48 PM
Well, times are tight these days - and between working full time, full time night college, and raising a new family I just don't have the time to keep up the old Accord. Since I really don't want to sell it someone who doesnt appreciate it, I would like to sell it here. The car is a gold-mine of 3rd gen parts, but I decided I really dont want to part it out (partly because of time, and also for sentimental reasons.) So, the suspension, corners, se-i parts, and even the audio will all remain.

I have not set a firm price for the car but looking at KBB.com, they peg an 89 in fair condition from a private seller with comparable mileage at around $1450. I do not have the time nor inclination to part it out!

I am open to offers, especially in the off chance if you happen to have a garrett t3/04 just lying around somewhere - lol, a man can dream right?

I am looking to sell the car in early-mid January. If you are interested, please send me a PM and we can go from there. You must live in or around the Bay Area, California or be willing to travel there!!!

The car is 4 door and black, with beige / black interior. I will post some pics once I dig em up (they also may be saved in old meet threads)

1988 Accord LX-i (sedan) ~200k miles

Engine

Engine code BT (it is not the original)
A2K5 (87 Prelude Si) Transmission w/ 3rd Gen Accord 5th for drivability
Adapted civic short ram intake w/ AEM filter

Suspension / Wheels / Brakes
Lowered 1.5” on
H&R Springs with
Re-valvled Bilstiens all around
RS Limited ‘Limix’ 16x7” polished aluminum wheels
SE-i rear disk breaks w/ Nopi slotted rotors

Exterior

JDM Corners
Clear front marker lights from procarparts.com

Audio

The faceplate along with the amps / subs in the car were stolen last year, however the deck is still in tact, as are all the regular speakers.

If you chose to keep the deck and get a faceplate for it, it is an Alpine CDA-9815. It is the same deck as was used in the movie “Soul Plane” and is quite nice. It is 60w x4. It has a blue glow and 2 lines of digital scrolling text. It has full support for crossovers, a full EQ, and many features lacking on any entry level model today (it cost $650 new in ‘03) It plays mp3s, wmas, and has full XM support. The one thing is lacks is an iPod input, however Alpine makes an adapter (part# KCA-420i) which will allow it to work with your iPod (not included.) New faceplates for it run in the $50-100 range on craigslist or eBay.

JL Audio TR series all around, 6.5 fronts, 6x9 rears – they are pretty much the best speakers you can buy in their price range.

Interior

Beige / Black factory interior
SE-i cup holders,
Steward Warner oil pressure gauge mounted on center console near e-brake handle
Reverse Indiglo gauges from procarparts.com (the control switch however was stolen in the break-in, for God knows why. )

Known problems:

The car has been in no major accidents, but has had the engine rebuilt once (hence the BT block.)

The paint on the roof of the vehicle is sun-spotted. Waxing minimizes the appearance of this, but it could certainly use some paint.

The car needs an alignment, and has excessive toe, causing uneven tire wear – the tires on the car will need to be replaced soon, and when you do, make sure to get it aligned!

The rear passenger side strut is missing a rubber boot. This costs next to nothing but is a little time consuming to replace. It causes a knocking sound when you roll over bumps.

The weather molding on the passenger side window makes it difficult for the window to roll down, especially in cold weather.

Like most older Hondas, make sure to check your transmission oil AT LEAST every 6 months!!!

Other Problems (I will address these before selling)

There is an electrical short which causes trouble with the flip-up headlights. It is most likely just a loose ground somewhere

The guide for the driver’s side front window doesn’t align properly, I will adjust

New weather lining needs to be installed on the driver’s side front door.

Project-LXi
12-13-2009, 05:04 PM
Here a couple pics from the 07 SF meet. The car has not seen any major changes since then appearance wise, but I will post more soon to come!

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/9762/onek.jpg

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/7641/norcalsocalmeet22.jpg