PDA

View Full Version : Some parts needed

Mk1UK
12-13-2009, 01:39 AM
Looking for some parts from you guys in the states and rest of the world.

I need a decent quality front windscreen rubber seal with no splits as mine is starting to go.

Plus many of the 1976-1978 Accord have long gone due to our damp weather.

I also need some window winders from an early 76-77 Accords the thin type of winder not the thicker type on later Accords.

I need people who take paypal payments so you can get the money and I can get the parts faster.

Hope to get a thread up soon when my project is reaching completion.

:cheers:

79cord
12-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Welcome.
I must admit to not replying earlier since I can't help with windscreen seals. I think when I have such a problem I will just bond the windscreens in for extra strength like new cars & stick the chrome trims on over the top (flush glass possibly?).
I already need to do my door-glass run-channels & think I will just be cheap & see what seals from other cars suit there.
Regarding window winders maybe try PM this guy:

somewhere around here i have a set of those window winders let me know if you ever need them i'm sure they are off of that Accord,look identical too
Likely the same since I think only Europe retained the chromed winders after 1978, the rest of us apparently getting plastic ones.
Obviously you might also try the Civic guys on the 1stgencivic forum since they should more commonly share the same parts?

Mk1UK
12-30-2009, 02:28 AM
We got plastic winders during 1978. My saloon had them and a recently sold 20.000 mile auction find has them. That is on ebay UK and is far too expensive. In US dollars around $3200

My car has the thicker chrome winders. I am using a 80 shell and dressing it up as 1976 unit, hense the need for the thinner 76 winders. Not too difficult as I have most of the correct parts from a 77,78 donor car. Just having fun welding at the moment. Thin steel and a MIG welder don't work when it so cold here.

Luckily 98% of the shell is solid and no structural rust. Not bad. I've owned a basket case for ten years now. That's how rare MK1 parts are in the UK

And they don't come up in salvage yards