PDA

View Full Version : HondaBoy's pictures/mods

HondaBoy
10-05-2002, 10:13 AM
finaly here i have some pictures of my accord with clear tails. i will put some more pics when i get a chance to my site. yall have been buggin me to post some pics so here is what yall wanted to see.
http://www.geocities.com/fasthondaboy/hondaboys87accord.html
http://www.geocities.com/fasthondaboy/photopagerock.html

just click there and u can see em.TELL ME WUT U THINK!!!

Mike89Accordcom
10-05-2002, 10:42 AM
Looks nice man. Now just add tons of pics!

Neuspeed87lx
10-05-2002, 06:22 PM
wow not bad man....you make the tails yourself? i know how hard it is to make them because i tried many times..

HondaBoy
10-05-2002, 07:32 PM
yep all by my self, i made them. except for the the instructions. i got them from they guy that has a silver 3gee and did his with the blinker part clear. FEEL FREE TO TELL ME WHAT U THINK

Neuspeed87lx
10-05-2002, 07:37 PM
i think they look pretty good...you should slap some 16's or 17's on your car, lower it and your car would look great...here is an idea for you ....have you ever thought of painting the bottom strip of the tails red and leaving the top clear....i think that would look crazy good

shepherd79
10-05-2002, 07:53 PM
man, now i can see what they will look like on 86-87 accord.
don't get me wrong but i think you did very nice job, but i think they don't flow with a car. may be it is the color of the car and clear tails. Maybe they will look much better on dark color accord.
it is just my opinion, but you don't have to listen to me.

Bobs89LXi
10-05-2002, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by HondaBoy
yep all by my self, i made them. except for the the instructions. i got them from they guy that has a silver 3gee and did his with the blinker part clear. FEEL FREE TO TELL ME WHAT U THINK

Not bad.

Hey Yasu, I see that someone is following your FAQ instructions for the clear tail lights.

HondaBoy
10-06-2002, 09:06 AM
i got these instructions from his website. way before i knew of 3geez.com

HondaBoy
10-09-2002, 03:06 PM
have any of yall done custom clear tails. if so post some pictures of them. ALSO TELL ME WUT U THINK ABOUT MINE.

socal3rdgen
10-09-2002, 03:35 PM
looks good but i would love to see a closer up pic.

my right tail is broke so i need to get a new one or get one from the wrecker for 65

so ide rather make them clear and not have to worry about payin 65or geting a new one :lol

HostileJava
10-09-2002, 04:22 PM
They look sweet, I like them.

87AccordBoy
10-11-2002, 12:33 PM
word i like them alot maybe you can help us out and hook us up with the instructions for that cause there sweet

jigga225
10-11-2002, 01:53 PM
I know you put i a lot of work to get that done. Good job.
I dont like the look though wit out cars.
peace

HondaBoy
10-11-2002, 09:31 PM
ya i worked hard on these things. well as yall say, the tails dont look good on this color car, but im planning to paint it pure white pearl. so i will look pimp when im done. TELL ME WUT U THINKS.

si accord
10-11-2002, 11:48 PM
i think they are pretty dope yo, i'd like to have some

opie yall

HondaBoy
10-15-2002, 04:23 PM
hey if u have the time, and tools to make these clears, go for it. i had no experience when i did mine. but caught on right away. i think they guy yasu is where i got the instructions from. i think it was him cuz its a silver accord with the top clear and bottom red. i love how mine look like ice. they look cool at night too. i never see anyone with them around here so thats cool knowing im probley the only one in town with clear tails on a 3gee.

HondaBoy
10-18-2002, 09:49 PM
hey yall know those 6x9 speaker holders in the rear window tray that some of the LX-I 's came with. well im hoping that they will fit ones with 6in. speakers. i want to put the 6x9 speakers in. i will post some pix of that.also i want to see about doing something with a CRX bumpers.

HondaBoy
10-19-2002, 06:56 PM
ok so ive wanted these hyper white lights for my clear parking lights. well i got them and they are realy nice. i did a side by side comparison and the old ones were yellow-ish, the new were very white. i took some pix so i will post them when i get them developed. i would recomend putting the hyper white bulbs in the clear part of the parking lights because the look pretty much better than the old nasty yellow.

smufguy
10-20-2002, 08:33 PM
first when i saw the first picl i was like fuck what happened to ur tails, how u fuck em up??? but i later realized it was clear ones. hehe looks good, but it aint going on my car. I look all red on my tails with the stock look or a total custom look like MIke (A20a1). even then, urs look nice man. keep the mods coming.

HondaBoy
10-21-2002, 07:05 PM
hey i need some advise. i stumbled over this accord SE-I a few months ago at the junk yard. i cant beleive i didnt notice but it has a damn body kit on it. the side skirts are good, and so it the rear bumper. and it will fit mine of course. the front air damn is busted to shit and i couldnt find the driver side of it because it had been broken off. i realy want this thing but i need someone opinion whether i should get these parts off or just buy a new one. i do know the price of a new one. i think i could probley get it for about $30-$40. TELL ME WUT U THINK ON THIS. ALSO TELL ME WUT U THINK ABOUT THE CLEAR TAILS.

HondaBoy
10-25-2002, 07:43 PM
well that SE-I 's bodykit back bumper is cracked. i looked closer and so i will probley get a new full replacement fiberglass bumper body kit. i did get the side skirts. they are fiberglass. they are pretty much good except that the riveted them to the SE-I so i will have to drill some holes and get some self tapping screws for by the fender wells. they just need a lil painting and that will come when i get the whole car painted. i had to step in knee high water, be bitten by fire ants, and have literaly a swarm of mosquitos around me. i luckly had some rubber knee high boots to wear. and to top it off i cut up my finger trying to pull the things off. but all in all it was worth it because a new pair of side skirts would have been more or less $300. I GOT THEM FOR ONLY $25!!!!!!! is that a good deal or wut? damn i have gottem most of my parts for soooo cheap. that saves me money that can go into the engine , exhaust , or suspension.

darkhonda89
10-27-2002, 07:01 PM
lookes good mabey i need aset .........dark

HondaBoy
10-27-2002, 10:34 PM
i have taken some even closer pix of the clear tails and turn signals like yall asked. i hope they turn out good but it will be a lil while cuz i still got a whole roll of film on there.

HondaBoy
11-02-2002, 08:01 PM
i still dont have the pix that i took recently but i will take some more pix to use up the film. i took a trip over to Pepboy's 2day. i wasnt realy lookin for tires but i thought since i was in the back i would take a look. well i have a few good prices on rims i want. so i thought i should see what tire Pepboy's offer. well ill be damned if they didnt have some good prices. or i thought they did. they have some low profile high performance rubber that was their brand. its futura. well the rims are going to be 17s or 16s. their price for a tire was about $80. other places have em for $120 per tire. most of the time i have gotten even higher prices. i think i will get some tires from them.

HondaBoy
11-10-2002, 08:23 PM
i found some rimz i want. they arent too expensive. they were about $105 per rim. then tires i looked at were for $109 for some nice yokohama a520. i think that is something i need to get now. i still need to get my pix developed and posted soon.

HondaBoy
11-17-2002, 07:33 PM
i had bought these rimz for $50. yesterday i decided i better put on some different tires for the front wheels. i put the back rims to the front and the other rims i had for the back. those rims with tires i got for 50 bucks have good tires they came with. i still need a front wheel alignment so thats why i put the cheap tires from the back to the front. the other rims have realy nice performance tires.

roni-sei
11-17-2002, 08:30 PM
i also have clear tail lights on a se-i but i can't find anyone to post them for me please leave me a email so that i cansend them so that tey can be posted

HondaBoy
11-17-2002, 08:57 PM
hey roni-sei, maybe i can post em. i can open a new page and post your pix. that would be my website.

89accordboi
11-17-2002, 09:20 PM
i think they are tight and i wanna do them possibly for my tan 89, i'd like to see come pics of some tan accords with clear lights if anyone has done that :)

PortugalHonda
11-18-2002, 08:03 AM
yeah man i think that looks sweet great job! how long did it take u to make them??

HondaBoy
11-18-2002, 08:48 PM
it took like about 5 days to make em. that is only because i kept getting interrupted and it was my first time to try making anything like that. basicly it took me about 17 hours to do one side. that is makeing the lens perfecting it and glueing it in. once u get the hang its fairly easy. i havnt had time to do anymore work but scince next week is thanksgiving break for me i can do alot more stuff. only problem is people seem to think i am their slave so im always doing favors for people. i dont like to bullshit around. i like to get right on what im doing or going to do so i need to make my point with a couple of people. other than that i need to do some spark plugs, wires and a O2 sensor.

Auzreal189
11-19-2002, 01:32 AM
Yeah they are tight. Can u send me a link or idea on where to get them? Thanx

HondaBoy
11-19-2002, 09:08 PM
hey all of yall. i might get to have my recent pix developed. i might start just taking pix with my polaroid cuz thats alot quicker and i wouldnt have to wait till all the film is used up to develope them. i have some close up pix so i hope that will give u a better idea of how my tails and clear bumpers look. the weekend is when i can get a new page set up. so look here on saturday evening.

HondaBoy
11-22-2002, 03:07 PM
im gonna post some pix so either tonight or tommorow i will have the page set up.

HondaBoy
11-22-2002, 11:03 PM
ok well i finaly got these pix developed. so here they are. i hope the closer up ones will give u more ideas. here is where it is.
http://www.geocities.com/fasthondaboy/hondaboyscarpix2.html
hope u like em.

HondaBoy
11-24-2002, 06:54 PM
ok well i decided to make me a custom mesh grille. i am still gonna try makin the one with the old civic grille with the H in the middle. u know the mesh grille maker kit that APC and other brands sell for about $40? well i thought about getting that. i didnt though. i got some stuff at Home Depot that is just the same mesh material. it was a whole sheet about 7.5 x 3.5 feet. it cost only $ 2.87!!!. i couldnt believe my eyes when i checked out. well a few people told me that i should just make the grille out of that so i did. i have got a few pix of that so i will post them ASAP.

Project-LXi
11-25-2002, 05:25 PM
I like the tails. Ive seen some clears on our cars before and thought they looked ugly, but I like how they look on your car, nice job man.

HondaBoy
11-27-2002, 10:14 AM
well i have a whole 5 days off from school. i can now try working on my car, but now people that know im off want me to put up christmas lights and do other favors. i hope i can get everything in that i wanted to do with my car. i might try recoloring my interior. i thinkin white and red. its not realy expensive, compared to painting the outside. or maybe i will get some other stuff. i realy need a job cuz im not makeing anymoney as of right now. its cold as shit, well to me cuz we hardly ever get cold weather. i know some people that want me to detail their cars so maybe i can do that for $45 a pop.

projectLx-iracer
11-27-2002, 11:36 AM
nice, good job, I've been thinking about making the turns on my rear lights clear too

HondaBoy
11-27-2002, 04:38 PM
if u can, try to make a clear tail on some junked tail lights if your not comfortable smashing yours up. i took a chance and it worked for me of course. thanx

HondaBoy
11-27-2002, 04:50 PM
2day i went looking for a new back seat for my car. i think a majority of us have had the problem with the fabric on your back seat ripping at the top and disintegrating. mine had done this from the sun. tinted windows would have made a big ass difference. well neway, i wanted a better seat. i saw a car at the junk yard, same year, color, and seats. i got just the fold down part for $20. thats all i needed cuz the rest is fine. if yall ever try taking the fold down part of your seat off, u need to know how. on the driverside of the car, down where the seat is held in and folds, there is a small spacer clip. just take that off and slid the seat over. then you pull it off at the passenger side. now it looks good as new!!!

HondaBoy
11-29-2002, 05:27 PM
well i think i killed it. the engine that is. not realy but it starts just great. i busted the radiator and now need that repaired. no im lookin for a better one than i had. this is going to be maybe the 3rd time to get it replaced. im going to go to a different place this time. also i had to repair some electrical switch for the on/off thing for the power windows. now i know that i have to take the door panel all off the get to the armrest's screws. i realy want to do white in there. yall think white red and brown seats would be alright? mabye, that what i think. im needing to replace my front seats cuz a fat bitch ripped it when she sat down today. i dont think im lettin her in my car again. im thinkin somethin along the lines of nice prelude seats. cloth of course. i just replace my back seat 2 days ago so i dont wanna mess with that. but first is the radiator replaced.

HondaBoy
11-29-2002, 05:41 PM
oh ya. i forgot to ask yalls opinion on this. i found some original rubber Accord floor mats. they are still realy good condition and have all 4 of them. i havnt asked how much the guy wants but im willing to pay about $10. sound good? should i get em? tell me your opinion.

HondaBoy
11-29-2002, 05:43 PM
damn it just one more question. i found a hood spoiler. should i look into getting that too. i dont think its too much.

HondaBoy
12-09-2002, 08:18 PM
the radiator was just fine!!! it was a split old hose. its the one that runs right under the distributor i think and to a valve thing. i replaced the hose friday. now my next mod were these stobe lights. i have wired them up to plug into a interior 12volt outlet. they work realy good but are probley illegal for street use. that dosent mean im not using them. lol. there was that spare space beside where the power mirrors switch is, thats where i put my togle switch. i think i paid something like $3.99 for it. it was pre-wired so that made it nice. i have them in my blinker in my clear tails. looks realy tricked out when their on. even more when i have the orange blinkers on. i have the stobes in clear but im thinkin of maybe puting one blue and the other red. maybe not cuz they look cool in white.

HondaBoy
12-11-2002, 08:26 PM
well i have wanted those H4 sealed beam headlight conversion. i got a set of em now. tomorrow i will put them in when i get the bulbs. i will have to take some pix. i know alot of peeps want em for their 3geez cuz those sealed beams just look all yellow and not a clean look. hope these will do the trick of making my headlights the envy of the other racers and ricers around town. i dont mean rice in a bad way either.

PortugalHonda
12-12-2002, 07:37 AM
I gig the clears alot.... sweet job Hondaboy

HondaBoy
12-12-2002, 07:49 PM
thanx PortugalHonda. well i went to wal-mart and got some GE super blue bulbs. they were $19.32 w/tax of 8.125%. they were in the 2 pack so that was a better deal than buying 2 one pack for almost $10. i got the 9003, not the H4. i had suspected that the 9003 was the same as the H4. i was right. these sealed beam conversion headlights look realy nice. they arent yellow and are very bright white with the GE bulbs. im shur if i get the more expensive ones or the realy expensive piaa's, i will get a better light. i wanted that blue-ish look but right now i cant afford expensive bulbs. i would reccomend getting the H4 conversion because they are a night and day difference when compared to the sealed beams. i took a side by side picture so i will post that when i get them developed. they look realy great in the day time too. thats a good reason to leave them up.

HondaBoy
12-12-2002, 07:51 PM
oh i forgot to mention, when i looked at my new lights, they werent blue in color. they were just very clear white light. maybe from farther away they look blue-ish? i will find out tomorrow.

HondaBoy
12-15-2002, 08:19 PM
the new lights arent that blue. i think i may take them back and get my money back. then i can get some better ones that are like $40. i may do this tomorrow. now i might have to change my clear tails. i got stopped today and the cop didnt write me a ticket. he was telling me that if i put a red reflector in the lens, it would be ok. i was thinking i might put a reflector in my bumber or something cuz i dont wanna mess up the all clear look. i maybe just get some more tail lights, and then make just the blinker part clear so i wont have this stupid problem. maybe i can get a clear reflector to put into the lens like that is in the side of the tails. i almost was tempted to punch it, but i know that would just be stupid.

HondaBoy
12-25-2002, 07:06 PM
i looked at the DOT regulations for texas, and well yes, i need the stop light lens to be red and have a reflector. so wut im gonna do is get a new pair of tails for $35. they are almost perfect. the plastic lens still shinny, and no cracks in them. i will probley make just the orange blinker part clear. is $35 too much? i will post more pix of my car when i take the new film in probley tomorrow or weekend.

HondaBoy
12-26-2002, 08:37 PM
i have found some rims i like. im thinkin i will go with 16s. i would like 17s though but then the tires are a lil more expensive. thats the only thing i dont like is the price of the tires. the rims i like are team loco. i dont remember the model. they are multi-spoke.

Neuspeed87lx
12-26-2002, 08:41 PM
ok can we let this thread die now ?

89AccordNate
12-26-2002, 08:42 PM
And god observes..... "As hondaboy finally figures out no one gives a fuck, he continues to talk to himself in 6 posts that pertain to absolutely nothing."

Nate.

markmdz89hatch
12-26-2002, 08:46 PM
lol

anchovies
12-26-2002, 10:28 PM
hihih...dear diary

HondaBoy
12-26-2002, 11:12 PM
basicly yep. haha.