PDA

View Full Version : Ran into a curb today, tire is badly bent :(

zack_attack2010
12-15-2009, 11:59 AM
Today was the first snow day we had and i was going around a round-a-bout and i was turning and lost control and my front passenger side wheel slammed into the curb, now my tire is pushed back deep in the wheel well, like to the point where the tire scapes aginst the back of my wheel well :( and the tire is permanately turned slightly to the left so when my fron driver side wheel is straight the passenger side is turned to the left a bit, FUCK!! anyone have any ideas as to what i bent or broke other than the rim??

2ndGenGuy
12-15-2009, 12:09 PM
Probably a tie rod, but there's a good chance you bent the lower control arm as well. If you bent the LCA, it could have taken out your strut too. Sucks man! :( You'll have to take the wheel off and do some inspecting. But none of that stuff is super hard to replace yourself.

zack_attack2010
12-15-2009, 12:30 PM
Probably a tie rod, but there's a good chance you bent the lower control arm as well. If you bent the LCA, it could have taken out your strut too. Sucks man! :( You'll have to take the wheel off and do some inspecting. But none of that stuff is super hard to replace yourself.

Yeah, im really hoping its nothing real bad, like a tie rod, but fuck, i just payed over 500 dollars to get my fixed fixed(teeth got ripped off the timing belt and the idler pulley exploded) but i really hope i can fix it with minimal $

Bass Man
12-15-2009, 01:15 PM
The frame mounts are pretty hard on these cars, so if you bent a LCA, I'm pretty sure you can replace everything nessesary for under $100. I got the whole setup for the passenger side that I'd give away if you are close enough.

charliekuney
12-15-2009, 01:37 PM
Check your CV boot and joints. This (http://i47.tinypic.com/t7mi6q.jpg) is what it might look like after a 35mph crash (55mph-20mph). It looked fine, drove (read: rolled) fine. Then I had a mechanic look at it.

gp02a0083
12-15-2009, 05:30 PM
check the body seam near the bottom of the strut tower, and the front end. Ive noticed that the body separates there if its good enough in the right spot. LAC is probably shot as well as the tie rod...

A18A
12-15-2009, 06:03 PM
might just be a bent radius rod & possibly tie rod

AccordEpicenter
12-15-2009, 07:58 PM
you may have to replace the lower control arm, knuckle, radius rod and rear beam. Thats a bitch! When i did this to my 95 accord lx all this stuff except the knuckle i had to replace, and it was a pisser of a job.

MessyHonda
12-15-2009, 08:46 PM
its easy if you do it your self...i got all the parts off a junkyard.
here is a pic of every thing i had to replace...http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Messybone/LX-i/PIC-0045.jpg