PDA

View Full Version : Fart can delete

fogged
12-16-2009, 07:25 PM
Ok... The days of the fart can are over. Im looking to get rid of my can. The thing is I really dont know what to get. I still want a performance set up, but something in a twin tip would be nice. I would also want something that will work well with what i have now. Currenertly I have a pacesetter header, magna flow high flow cat, spoon rezzie, HKS can, with 2 1/4 mandrel bent pipe.
Any thoughts on what would work well would be helpful. Thanx....

lostforawhile
12-16-2009, 08:23 PM
Ok... The days of the fart can are over. Im looking to get rid of my can. The thing is I really dont know what to get. I still want a performance set up, but something in a twin tip would be nice. I would also want something that will work well with what i have now. Currenertly I have a pacesetter header, magna flow high flow cat, spoon rezzie, HKS can, with 2 1/4 mandrel bent pipe.
Any thoughts on what would work well would be helpful. Thanx....

cherry bomb?

ACE_14
12-16-2009, 08:23 PM
I had a similer set up on my old accord, but I had a CherryBomb Turbo II Muffler. I liked it alot. I'm probably going to go with the same set up on my current accord.

Civic Accord Honda
12-16-2009, 08:25 PM
i will give you 3 name brands that will give you a non ricer tone

Magnaflow Flowmaster Apexi

and btw i love my can :p
but it did sound alot more ricey on my 3g lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84KgFhElCH0

Bass Man
12-16-2009, 09:10 PM
I got a flowmaster on mine. I had a right in, straight out 40 with a 5" tip on it before I recked it, and that sounded increadible! I took the muffler off to put on my Sidekick and when I got the Accord running again, I bought a right in, left out 40 for it and put a 3" tip on it and now it's got that "Rise Rasp" at a certain point and it just sounds like digested rice now... I would love to get the old sound back, but I can't afford that.

I replaced a guy's stock muffler with a Cherry-Bomb glasspack with a dual-ish Camaro tip on an 86 5dr Nissan Stanza and it sounded REALLY good. I think I might try that... I might play around and put the glasspack right after the flexpipe and run it straight to the bumper with a nice tip.

The tips make a really big difference in sound, btw.

Another thing to consider; the Flowmaster only weighs about 8lbs, the Glasspack weighs about 6 lbs, and the "Fart can" I was checking out at the exhaust shop weighed about 12 pounds!! I couldn't believe how heavy it was. I know a camaro Magnaflow muffler weighs about 25lbs, but I don't know how much the can's weigh. I had a Turbo muffler on my car at one time and it sounded ok, but it didn't have the sound I wanted.

Rendon LX-i
12-16-2009, 09:37 PM
I like deep tone. Get a Turbo muffler...dynomax or magnaflow is your best bet. keeping quite but not loud....sounds deep and crisp....yet if you like the Raspyness go with the fellas that said CHERRY POPPER LOL

fogged
12-17-2009, 08:29 AM
Ill have to look into those mufflers. Anyone have a sound clip of any them?

Bass Man
12-17-2009, 11:35 AM
I had one of my first Flowmaster, but I don't remember where I put it. I'll look.

Civic Accord Honda
12-17-2009, 02:15 PM
flowmaster 40 on my legend lol
http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff103/Dark_Accord/1988-Acura-Legend-L-V6--/videos/?action=view&current=HPIM5773.flv
sounded nice as fuck

Bass Man
12-17-2009, 08:09 PM
I hate v6 Legends.... REALLY. Sounded good, though.

Civic Accord Honda
12-17-2009, 09:48 PM
I hate v6 Legends.... REALLY. Sounded good, though.

me too lol engine burned oil faster then i could pour it in, was a powerfull comfy car tho... and sounded like the sex

lostforawhile
12-17-2009, 11:16 PM
I like deep tone. Get a Turbo muffler...dynomax or magnaflow is your best bet. keeping quite but not loud....sounds deep and crisp....yet if you like the Raspyness go with the fellas that said CHERRY POPPER LOL

mine wasn't raspy at all, they might sound that way on the smaller civic engines. the a series has a unique sound, probably due to the iron block, yes it does affect the sound aluminum block engines sound different, different harmonics,

Sh4d0w
12-18-2009, 12:34 AM
I've got the pacesetter header with the pacesetter monza exhaust. Sounds very nice, not ricey at all. I'll post a clip of it tomarrow. I needed an excuse to go out and play with the honda anyway lol. I miss it - been driving the Jeep because of the snow.

Civic Accord Honda
12-18-2009, 12:51 AM
mine wasn't raspy at all, they might sound that way on the smaller civic engines. the a series has a unique sound, probably due to the iron block, yes it does affect the sound aluminum block engines sound different, different harmonics,

but of course any stright thru style muffler is going to be louder and more raspy then a chemberd muffler...

btw it also has ALOT to do with displacement on the sound... my F22 sounds more V6ish and less raspy and more of a lower tone then my 3gee did.. but the civic was the worst for raspy ness lol... my legend sounds meaner then the F22 and A20a...

2oodoor
12-18-2009, 04:53 AM
I have a generic oem style 2 1/4 muffler on the Lx and has a good sound, quiet ...till you hammer down, life is good.
The car sounds pretty much like a factory performance import, definateley not stock, and yet not an attention getter two blocks away.

B20A, weber 38 carb, 2 1/4 pipe throughout, hedman header, generic oem muffler with 2 1/2 outlet just beyone the bumper as stock

I cant see spending a lot on a muffler, and as long as you have the system custom made with good flow, a "regular" muffler isnt going to decrease your performance. IMO

fogged
12-18-2009, 08:04 AM
I like the look of the muffler that Roach has on his hatch. For some reason I cant pull up Magnaflows web site to get specs or price on it. Ill have to try and find it on onther site some how.

Rendon LX-i
12-18-2009, 12:36 PM
my scion is insance. 2.4 sounds like a v6 people ask me what exhuast you have...im like what exhuast its cut off LOL. i just had the shop cut it off. sounds perfect. not to loud or to quit. UMMM kinda like a v6 eclispe if you guys every heard on stock...

paul
12-26-2009, 10:15 AM
I've always been a fan of Spintech's 'prostreet' mufflers, deep/full tone, great flow, they last forever too. I have sound clips of 'em on my impreza & cobra if u want...

http://www.spintechmufflers.com/

ShyBoyCA6
12-26-2009, 11:07 AM
my car has a gash on the exhaust and sounds like a deep quiet tone but shit what a power loss..lol

Joay
12-26-2009, 04:35 PM
my car has a gash on the exhaust and sounds like a deep quiet tone but shit what a power loss..lol
Oh yeah, I've been rocking the exhaust leak for months now. Actually sounds kinda cool except at idle. And the car smells like gas.

MessyHonda
12-26-2009, 07:31 PM
Oh yeah, I've been rocking the exhaust leak for months now. Actually sounds kinda cool except at idle. And the car smells like gas.

yeah i hate my damn exhuast leak....one of my studs fell off so i need to order some

-DWM-
12-26-2009, 07:54 PM
Vibrant! Goot products, and the price ain't bad.