PDA

View Full Version : 2nd gen exhaust???

Noonan
12-17-2009, 08:38 PM
ok so i am new here and i am on my second accord both of wich were 84's. my newest one is an lx and i need a new exhaust for it my question is how much should i be spending to have the whole exhaust redone or where could i get a a cheap one to do it myself?

2ndGenGuy
12-17-2009, 10:03 PM
:welcome: Hi there! Another 2nd Gen in Washington! w00t!

I'm not exactly sure on the price. But I had a whole exhaust custom built for mine for about $450. But that included new cat and muffler. I've heard of shops doing it for about $250-300... You might check some online places like rockauto.com or whatever for new, OEM fit exhaust parts... Not sure what exactly you'll find there... But, why do you want to replace the whole thing? Are you looking for OEM or looking to open it up a bit?

Civic Accord Honda
12-18-2009, 12:52 AM
pipeing and welding should cost around $150 ish + $100 for a good muffler + $100 for a CAT (unless u dont need it then gut the bitch)

SZfiftyfour
12-18-2009, 06:47 AM
Another option: You can get the parts directly from Bosal (good quality) (http://www.bosalna.com/index.php?mod=catalog), or another online retailer that sells bosal such as autopartswarehouse. And you can get a MagnaFlow cat converter from advanceauto(kragen/awwschucks) or Ebay for $114. Those are direct fit so you could do it yourself and save some money and know you have a good product under it. Even if you have an exhaust shop put it on it shouldn't cost much, i wouldn't thing.

Noonan
12-21-2009, 12:52 PM
well i am just looking to replace the part that comes after the cat i want to keep the rest stock