PDA

View Full Version : need info on auto mount

blwfly
12-19-2009, 04:10 AM
so my transmission went out the other day and i called around for a 2nd hand one. eventually i find one that the auto wreckers said will work for my car.

i have a 89 lxi 4door 2l fi

i noticed the tranny being pulled from a hatchback but again they said it will work.

after hours of pulling my tranny getting ready to install the used one i noticed that the fluid hard lines are a little diff and there is no bolt holes for the tranny mount to frame rail on the passangers side..

after lots of looking and comparing everything seems the same except the mount.. did the hatchback only have 3 mounts whats the deal here. i may just have to take it back and find a diff one or can i slap it up and maybe weld the mount on. this is my dd and there isnt very man y trannys around town im very short on time as christmas is only week away..

thanks chris

blwfly
12-19-2009, 11:28 AM
so someone mentioned that the rubber on the end of the tranny to frame rail is just for vibration and i could get away with out it..

any one have and idea?

MessyHonda
12-19-2009, 06:09 PM
you dont need that mount....i had to take out my auto trans 3 time so i just left the mount off.

Dr_Snooz
12-19-2009, 09:39 PM
You can pick up a bolt on mount from the junkyard. I'd put it on myself. Honda didn't spend money machining 10 billion of them just for giggles.

blwfly
12-20-2009, 04:53 AM
its 5am and the trannys in took it for a drive everythings worked out well it took 5 1/2 quarts to be filled. dose this seem right?

shifts nicley maybe needs a little adjustment on the tvr cable..

i will say it was easey to do this job but very time consuming. we just partyed the whole time and got wasted lots of fun :)

Dr_Snooz the reason i cant use the mount is that the tranny i got simply wasnt designed for it so im guesing its a older tranny..

Dr_Snooz
12-20-2009, 07:40 AM
There aren't two bolt holes on the top of the trans near the passenger side?

blwfly
12-20-2009, 06:25 PM
There aren't two bolt holes on the top of the trans near the passenger side?

no there is not. plud theres no meat there to drill tap holes as it was not in the design.