PDA

View Full Version : She's all wet...

87AccordLXsdn
12-20-2009, 02:40 PM
Hey guys! Found a couple threads about this, but none came to a conclusion. I've got a pretty bad water leak coming in and leaving a nice puddle on the drivers side front and rear floor. Tried looking for drain holes in the rocker panel, but couldn't see any. Any one else have this problem and solved it?

ShyBoyCA6
12-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Hmm I have the same problem too in the driver side front lift the carpet up from drivers side and there should be a plug

headbanger
12-20-2009, 04:16 PM
im having same problem plus if i park facing up hill in rain my headliner fills with water

Bluntman
12-20-2009, 04:28 PM
im having same problem plus if i park facing up hill in rain my headliner fills with water

Since you have an LXi, I assume you have a sunroof. The drain holes that are connected to hoses on all four corners of the roof get plugged over time.

w261w261
12-20-2009, 04:41 PM

Your rear sunroof drains are clogged. Take out the trunk liners, and look for the little tubes coming down from the c pillars. They get plugged up. Use a panel removal tool to take out the buttons holding in the trunk liners, a screwdriver will mess them up. Assuming you have a sedan, there is also a screw around the shock tower that holds the liners.

w261w261
12-20-2009, 04:46 PM
Hey guys! Found a couple threads about this, but none came to a conclusion. I've got a pretty bad water leak coming in and leaving a nice puddle on the drivers side front and rear floor. Tried looking for drain holes in the rocker panel, but couldn't see any. Any one else have this problem and solved it?

This could be a number of things - a windshield seal, an unfilled hole in the firewall, but is probably related to the front sunroof drain. It comes out in the rear of the front wheel well, and is harder to clean out than the rear drain. The left front sunroof drain also has a T connection to allow the antenna motor to drain out any water than comes down from the antenna. If that connection has been unplugged in the past and not reconnected, and the sunroof drain gets plugged up front, then the water will back up in the drain tube until it reaches the open part of the T, and will then drip into the driver footwell.

greentee76
12-21-2009, 02:29 PM
I have this same problem but do not have a sunroof.
I have taken the cowl panel off and cleaned/inspected that area.
I get wet floors all around.

headbanger
12-21-2009, 06:17 PM
Since you have an LXi, I assume you have a sunroof. The drain holes that are connected to hoses on all four corners of the roof get plugged over time.

Your rear sunroof drains are clogged. Take out the trunk liners, and look for the little tubes coming down from the c pillars. They get plugged up. Use a panel removal tool to take out the buttons holding in the trunk liners, a screwdriver will mess them up. Assuming you have a sedan, there is also a screw around the shock tower that holds the liners.

yeah ill check into that I had a guy blow them out with an air hose on front but he never did back ones so ill take it aprt.an see whats up.thx

blwfly
12-22-2009, 12:22 AM
i recently fix my leaks i took the headliner out hooked a compresor at low psi to find he problems turns out the back ones were pluged all the way and the drive front was disconected at the floor and the passanger side was pluged also..

if u use a compressor to blow them ou i sugest starting at ur lowest psi and slowly increase as u can blow the hose conections off..

piranhaboy16
12-28-2009, 08:11 PM
if you dont have a sunroof and your windshield is not leaking. there is a good chance the leak is from a seam covered by the fender and fender liner. i work at a body shop and have fixed a few leaks due to this on accords and civics. if you pull the fender off you will see the seam and most likely it wont have seam sealer on it and thats where its coming from. i believe alldata shows this as a recall on our car.

ecogabriel
12-28-2009, 08:48 PM
My car was leaking pretty bad at the same spot (driver's side).

Thinking on the sunroof drain and its connection with the electric antenna I removed the carpet from that side. I pulled out one maze of wiring that came with a plastic sleeve, and when I did that water started coming out of the sleeve!!! The wiring seems to go to the door; everything in the door died when I unplugged the wiring from the connector.

I have yet to find the exact spot in which the water gets into the wiring sleeve, but I am yet to become a contortionist in order to do that.
For some reason since I pulled the wiring out (I have not reattached the carpet yet) I have had no water coming in.

Incidentally, what is a good product to seal a leaking windshield? My rear one has a leak and poodles the trunk...