PDA

View Full Version : 2g Lude shift rods

da9
12-21-2009, 07:12 PM
i was wondering if the 2g lude shift rods would work in a 3g accord?

i have the shift linkage for the accord but im missing parts i think and me and a buddy have a parts lude that im taking the tranny out of

labeledsk8r
12-21-2009, 07:23 PM
you could cross referance the part numbers on majestichonda.com look up the part numbers for the 3g parts then find the same parts for the lude see if the numbers are the same... if there not then i doubt there gonna work

lostforawhile
12-21-2009, 08:20 PM
i'm trying to remember if thats the one with the A series motor, if it is, and you have the torque rods and shift rod from the three g, i think all the other parts are the same, i know at the tranny end they are. the rods themselves are probably different lengths.

labeledsk8r
12-21-2009, 08:33 PM
yes that lude uses an A20 but dunno if the lenths are corect

lostforawhile
12-21-2009, 08:35 PM
yes that lude uses an A20 but dunno if the lenths are corect
well if he has the rods themselves all the other parts may swap onto those rods

LewZur
12-22-2009, 12:47 PM
even though they share the A series engines the tranny's themselves, have a different part number, don't know why they look exactly the same. If the rods are different, I have an extra linkage I'd swap you for the 2g lude. I am going to do a tranny swap in my 87 Si, so either way let me know what you find out. I probably won't get started on my swap until Jan.

lostforawhile
12-22-2009, 01:47 PM
the lude transmissions bolt to the a20, they have a different gear ratio ,it's the same block as the three g

LewZur
12-22-2009, 02:47 PM
the lude transmissions bolt to the a20, they have a different gear ratio ,it's the same block as the three g

Different gear ratios, eh? That would explain the different part numbers on the trannys.

lostforawhile
12-22-2009, 02:54 PM
Different gear ratios, eh? That would explain the different part numbers on the trannys.

that used to be a swap on here a lot

LewZur
12-22-2009, 02:57 PM
that used to be a swap on here a lot

any idea what the gear ratio is exactly?

MessyHonda
12-24-2009, 01:02 AM
i think they are in the frequent questions and answers...the first 3 gears are the same and 4th and 5th are a bit shorter than than the stock ones

LewZur
12-24-2009, 01:54 PM
i think they are in the frequent questions and answers...the first 3 gears are the same and 4th and 5th are a bit shorter than than the stock ones

Thanks Messy, I checked it out after I posted that. I didn't think about different gear ratios until Lost said something, but it makes sense for the lude to have shorter gear ratios. I'm thinking if I swap an accord 5 speed into my lude I may increase gas mileage slightly, but IDK if there would be that much of a difference.