PDA

View Full Version : windows stuck?

LX-i
12-22-2009, 08:58 AM
my front passenger, and rear driver windows are down like 9 inches and they wont go up with the power switch, has anyone had this happen? its like it will work sometimes then get stuck other times, but this one isnt fixing itself...could it be a blown fuse?

LewZur
12-22-2009, 12:41 PM
my front passenger, and rear driver windows are down like 9 inches and they wont go up with the power switch, has anyone had this happen? its like it will work sometimes then get stuck other times, but this one isnt fixing itself...could it be a blown fuse?

Have you taken the panels off? Could be the motors or if it's intermittent probably your window regulators? You can test the motors with a test light.

LX-i
12-24-2009, 09:59 AM
Have you taken the panels off? Could be the motors or if it's intermittent probably your window regulators? You can test the motors with a test light.

yeah my dad and i popped the panels off...the motors wouldnt even react when i hit the button, i figured out if i toggle the main switch a lot they will start to work, so i guess i need a new main switch or something.

charliekuney
12-24-2009, 10:57 AM
Now, don't roll your windows down for a while or at least until you find the definite problem. :)

LewZur
12-24-2009, 12:15 PM
yeah my dad and i popped the panels off...the motors wouldnt even react when i hit the button, i figured out if i toggle the main switch a lot they will start to work, so i guess i need a new main switch or something.

So do the windows function properly when you use the button in the passenger front and driver rear? If they do then it's the in the front controls. Let me know, I have a spare.

dacantu
12-24-2009, 12:24 PM
could it be the cold? my sisters 2002 tacoma did this to me the other day at night but i just drove a little bit with heater on because i was freezing and it rolled up right before i got to my destination.

Sh4d0w
12-24-2009, 12:37 PM
I could be wrong on this, but the cold does this to mine as well. My theroy is the cold freezes water int he air that shorts out the switches. IDK tho. I think I need to replace mine too, since the rear pass window will roll down from its own switch, but no responce from the front.

LewZur
12-24-2009, 01:41 PM
could it be the cold? my sisters 2002 tacoma did this to me the other day at night but i just drove a little bit with heater on because i was freezing and it rolled up right before i got to my destination.

I could be wrong on this, but the cold does this to mine as well. My theroy is the cold freezes water int he air that shorts out the switches. IDK tho. I think I need to replace mine too, since the rear pass window will roll down from its own switch, but no responce from the front.

IDK guys. I've never had it happen to me from the cold. :lol: doesn't get too cold here. Only time it's happened to me it was either the motor, the regulator, or once it was the switch. You can test the switch with a test light too.

charliekuney
12-24-2009, 02:03 PM
My locks were frozen over a few days ago, and my windows still worked. Definitely not the cold. Although, cold/hot does adversely affect the main relay...

LewZur
12-24-2009, 02:56 PM
My locks were frozen over a few days ago, and my windows still worked. Definitely not the cold. Although, cold/hot does adversely affect the main relay...

Now that's a problem I've had, frozen locks and doors frozen shut. And I'm out with a hairdryer swearing at the top of my lungs.

charliekuney
12-24-2009, 05:01 PM
That's something I don't like about these cars. I mean, we don't have a garage, but my parents' cars ('02 Dodge Intrepid SE and '96 Ford Ranger XLT) look like they are kept in heated garages in the morning, even when it's sub-zero and snowing. My car definitely heats up faster, though. :)