PDA

View Full Version : Can i get some help

skinner17
12-22-2009, 03:30 PM
87 accord carb it could have a half a tank of gas or full it dont matter it will just die i think there is water in tank cuz my firend was driving it one night and it ran out of gas and he put beer in the tank (fucking dumbass) its been acting up ever since can some one tell me what i can all replace to get it running right again

ghettogeddy
12-22-2009, 03:31 PM
wow your friend is a moron i would try to drain the tank.
then fill up with a high octane and a carb cleaning additive and see if that helps

accordion89
12-22-2009, 03:33 PM
wow this is the best thread ever! I'm drunk! you should put gas in his beer

accordion89
12-22-2009, 03:36 PM
more beer! budumpa!

ShyBoyCA6
12-22-2009, 03:38 PM
Yeah just drain it and put high octane gas and system cleaner for gas

ShyBoyCA6
12-22-2009, 03:39 PM
more beer! budumpa!

Yo man don't be greedy share the beer lol

2ndGenGuy
12-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Actually, I would think if anything the beer would raise the octane rating. Best to put something in that burns easily. I'd just run regular gas. How much beer did he put in the tank? A single can might make the car run crappy but I think for the most part should be fine.

accordion89
12-22-2009, 04:08 PM
put that crap in the tank that gets rid of moisture after you drain the tank and replace the filters, have a shop do it and give the bill to your dumbass friend

cygnus x-1
12-22-2009, 08:05 PM
Best bet would be to drain the tank and refill with fresh gas. The octane won't matter, just that it doesn't have water (or beer) in it.

You could even reuse the gas you drain from the tank. Just let it sit for a day or two until the gas and water separate. Pour off the gas into a can and dispose of the water.

Putting it in your friends beer would be hilarious.

C|

itzdave
12-22-2009, 08:11 PM
Actually, I would think if anything the beer would raise the octane rating. Best to put something in that burns easily. I'd just run regular gas. How much beer did he put in the tank? A single can might make the car run crappy but I think for the most part should be fine.

im pretty sure beer burns nowhere nearly as well as gas. it has a bunch of water in it...

accordion89
12-22-2009, 08:14 PM
I wouldnt mess with it, your friend put beer in your car, your friend should be the one sucking the hose to syphen the beer gas out

MessyHonda
12-24-2009, 01:34 AM
lol...you got the first drunk 3gee

MessyHonda
12-24-2009, 01:36 AM
lol good thing your car is legal...haha

carotman
12-24-2009, 06:28 AM
You do not need to empty the tank. The problem is that water (beer) and gasoline no not mix together.

To solve this problem , just fill at stations where they have an ethanol mix (10%, NOT E85).

That 10% ethanol will allow water and gasoline to mix evenly. On a 15 gallons tank, this means you'll have 1.5 Gal of ethanol in it. This is way more than needed to get rid of water contamination.

Sh4d0w
12-24-2009, 08:07 AM
Best bet would be to drain the tank and refill with fresh gas. The octane won't matter, just that it doesn't have water (or beer) in it.

You could even reuse the gas you drain from the tank. Just let it sit for a day or two until the gas and water separate. Pour off the gas into a can and dispose of the water.

Putting it in your friends beer would be hilarious.

C|

truth
+1 for putting it in his beer

im pretty sure beer burns nowhere nearly as well as gas. it has a bunch of water in it...

agreed, if we where supposed to put beer in it, no one would have bought it - waste of beer - think of the shortages, omg revolts... it'd be bad

lol...you got the first drunk 3gee
+1 for awesomeness

lol good thing your car is legal...haha
+2 for another lol this morning

You do not need to empty the tank. The problem is that water (beer) and gasoline no not mix together.

To solve this problem , just fill at stations where they have an ethanol mix (10%, NOT E85).

That 10% ethanol will allow water and gasoline to mix evenly. On a 15 gallons tank, this means you'll have 1.5 Gal of ethanol in it. This is way more than needed to get rid of water contamination.

I'd still rather have fresh gas, and some good cleaner thru the system. Who knows what that does to the rest of your components... well, you do probably, and I'm sure its not good.

some say less is more. I say do it once, and do it right. - then again, right is up to you as the individual, and I by no means compare to your car knowledge.

That being said, I'd still at least put some good cleaner in it asap.

-=-
Ironicly, this is my 151'st post - even this thread is drunk! or maybe its just me.. either way its my 151'st post, and its xmas eve, and ima go have a shot of Ice 101 to celebrate.

Ima keep it outa my gastank however...

Dr_Snooz
12-24-2009, 10:23 AM
I think the more important question is why you let drunk idiots drive your car?

w261w261
12-24-2009, 11:15 AM
As if we didn't need yet another example of why you can never fully relax when you're driving......