PDA

View Full Version : Brake light, and light grinding.

Nio
12-23-2009, 10:46 PM
Okay so when ever I start the car, The brake light is always on, Even why I have my E-brake is off. Now I think it might be that my e-brake is to tight, Cause I hear a slight grinding noise when I drive. But I know its not to tight because it won't hold the car at a angle.

Or maybe I'm hearing something else grinding. Any help would be great. I've read some of the issues with the search feature, But most of them seem to be either the Brake switch is not grounded, light out, or a similar issue.

I just think that my E-brake is to tight and already engaged for the most part.

If not that would be nice.

Thanks for any help.

Bluntman
12-23-2009, 11:14 PM
If you are talking about the brake light in the dash, your brake fluid maybe low. Notice the cap has 2 wires going to it for a sensor.
http://i19.servimg.com/u/f19/12/59/29/63/13se0010.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=691&u=12592963)

dacantu
12-23-2009, 11:16 PM
have you checked your break fluid? and the bobber (floating sensor) inside the fluid reservoir? the sensor is supposed to notify you if you dont have any more fluid and it will show on the dash. i know this because after along time my floater stopped floating even when i had fluid. all i did was use a twist-tie to hold the floater up and just check my fluid constantly. light turned off after this :)

hope it helped

dacantu
12-23-2009, 11:16 PM
you beat me bluntman.

Bluntman
12-23-2009, 11:31 PM
you beat me bluntman.

Great minds think alike. I changed my oil pan gasket, and now doing the valve cover gasket. So since it is off, I am doing a black wrinkle finish, then block sand the high spot letters - stripes and clear it. So I am up.:cheers:

dacantu
12-23-2009, 11:41 PM
i took a razor blade to the letters stripes when i did mine and didnt have to worry about catching the recently painted valve cover. came out nice too :) i didnt replace my gasket though. i should probably change my oil pan gasket next time i do an oil change though..

sorry to thread jack NIO

Nio
12-24-2009, 08:43 AM
Lol I didn't even think about checking the fluid. I'll go and do that when I change my blades in a few.

Thanks.

dacantu
12-24-2009, 12:18 PM
Was it the fluid?

LewZur
12-24-2009, 01:44 PM
Your back drums may need to be adjusted as well, that may be your grinding, unless your front pads are the problem. I agree with the fluid, that's a dummy light for your brake fluid.

MessyHonda
12-24-2009, 04:14 PM
Your back drums may need to be adjusted as well, that may be your grinding, unless your front pads are the problem. I agree with the fluid, that's a dummy light for your brake fluid.

he has a se-i so he has disk breaks all the way around

LewZur
12-24-2009, 04:27 PM
he has a se-i so he has disk breaks all the way around

oh yeah now I remember from another thread.

Nio
12-24-2009, 05:48 PM
Didn't get a chance to check, It was to damn cold outside, :P it hit -1 this morning here, So I only got the blades on then went to work, If tomorrow is better I'll do it then, Since I'm spending christmas alone, Might as well put some more love into her :D

Thanks for the help guys. its really nice.

charliekuney
12-24-2009, 06:23 PM
<-----

oh yeah now I remember from another thread.

Or from his description.

Bluntman
12-30-2009, 06:24 AM
Well. Did you add fluid, and the light turn off?

dacantu
12-30-2009, 01:37 PM
yeah he did buntman. he mentioned it in his build thread.

Nio
12-31-2009, 01:16 PM
yea it was my brake fluid. however i replaced the battery and the light still flashea, i think ita cause a bad ground somewhere.

Bluntman
12-31-2009, 01:43 PM
yea it was my brake fluid. however i replaced the battery and the light still flashea, i think ita cause a bad ground somewhere.

If the light is flashing, check the fluid level again. It may have went down, and the float may be moving just enough to since it while moving around.