PDA

View Full Version : Bouncing Tachometer and Loss of power.

CordedHatch
12-24-2009, 07:32 PM
Hey guys. ok so i just bought my 87' hatch accord lxi and the tachometer bounces when i'm just cruising on the freeway. at first it was no big deal just funny to watch now when i try to get on it in 2nd or 3rd it bounces and the engine kinda "bumps" and loses power almost as if there's no spark. I think its a short but i cant find one. any ideas?:sadwave:

AccordEpicenter
12-26-2009, 09:47 AM
distributor is most likely junk. If you open the hood while its running and it sounds like there is a small rock kicking around in the dizzy, its gone bad.

CordedHatch
12-26-2009, 02:01 PM
Yeah that sound just started the other day. Hmmm.... how complicated is it to replace?
And do you know of the best place to get one?

smufguy
01-01-2010, 09:08 AM
Yeah that sound just started the other day. Hmmm.... how complicated is it to replace?
And do you know of the best place to get one?

You are going to probably spend a good amount of money to get a new one, or if you are mechanically inclined, you can rebuild your existing one. Inquire on Rockauto.com or autopartswarehouse.com and see if they have one in stock. You can get one from autozone if you want and it will probably be more expensive, but can be returned easily if it does turn out to be DOA.