PDA

View Full Version : mod price list for newbie please.

Makrovi
10-05-2002, 06:57 PM
hi everyone,
i am new here, long time reader just decided to join today. I have a carbbed 89 dx with nothing, except the fact that it only has 46k miles on it. I don't have much money to do any hardcore stuff like swapping engine, or body kit, or paint job(although my paint still has some reflection on it).

i wanted, plan to do the following things if the price is right

1. turning signals (i got a price of 125 installed from this shop by my house).
2. headlamps( do i buy matrix? which is better, are there any without that annoying little blue bulb?)
3. custom clear tails (im planning to buy some from junk yard and modding those, then putting those in place, in case i mess up.)
4. clear bumper, (i am new to modding anything, so a how to with the explanation of where the screws are would be much appreciated)

ok, i live in chicago. so if there are any 3geez members with some modding done to theirs and can offer some help. do tell me please!!!! my brother has a 2002 accord, so i am with the 3geez with no prior capabilities except plugging in a neon light to the lighter socket, which i wish i dont have to do (help me with the wiring!! i want to put like 2 more lights in there)

also... any chicago meets guys??? i would gladly go to one of these.

thank you guys..... best site i am always here drooling at you guys' rides.

Neuspeed87lx
10-05-2002, 07:02 PM
that car dosent need anything ! 46k miles ?!?

POS carb
10-05-2002, 07:08 PM
i'd fly to chicago to smack you if you pay $125 for turn signals unless they're platinum-plated white led and strobes! :lol

Get some REAL mods, like a Weber carburetor or some headers!

You can clear your front bumper lights but you have to carefully cut/pry off the plastic lens so that once it's off you can remove the orange reflecotor inside

Neuspeed87lx
10-05-2002, 07:26 PM
yea i was trying to figue out what he was talking about with the turn sigs for 125 bucks ?