PDA

View Full Version : pedal covers

beran24
12-25-2009, 04:02 PM
So i got a set of pedal covers for a gift. went to put them on the only one that fit on no problem was for the brake. The mount that came with the clutch pedal cover i had to drill another hole in for the bolt to line up. And the gas pedal on the car was 2 wide so i had to trim it down to fit the pedal cover. I got them on after awhile but part of the stock gas pedal sticks out the bottom of the cover so I'm gonna see if I can cut that piece of the pedal off. ( Put them on the Hatch)

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff342/gould529/0912251502000.jpg

charliekuney
12-26-2009, 01:57 PM
:rice:

lostforawhile
12-26-2009, 02:12 PM
yea i made my own aluminum ones, but they are custom made for the pedals, there is nothing made that will really fit these pedals as far as after market.
There used to be a couple of companies that made them, but they were very expensive. everything i've seen like those just looks like cheap junk. don't go chopping up your pedals. these cars have very small pedals like Italian sports cars.

charliekuney
12-26-2009, 02:41 PM
Psst...do you still have your DX coupe?

stat1K
12-26-2009, 03:16 PM
i had those on my coupe because my brother had bought them for my dads 84 hatch, then when we got rid of the hatch he saved them and gave them to me, i only put them on because my rubber pieces were worn like a mother. after they were on i never thought about them again until i got rid of the car lol, i still get shit from lx-incredible for them.

Civic Accord Honda
12-26-2009, 07:14 PM
i have a set of thoses lol they came with my 87 dx... i had them on my lxi for a while too... i also owned a set of apc ones that i had bought for my 82 accord lol

SZfiftyfour
12-26-2009, 07:50 PM
So i got a set of pedal covers for a gift. went to put them on the only one that fit on no problem was for the brake. The mount that came with the clutch pedal cover i had to drill another hole in for the bolt to line up. And the gas pedal on the car was 2 wide so i had to trim it down to fit the pedal cover. I got them on after awhile but part of the stock gas pedal sticks out the bottom of the cover so I'm gonna see if I can cut that piece of the pedal off. ( Put them on the Hatch)

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff342/gould529/0912251502000.jpg

Looks good imo. If you wanna cut the pedal I say go for it, you can always get another rubber from the JY if you end up not liking it.

Nio
12-26-2009, 08:14 PM
Would it be fine to just take out the stock ones and weld some new ones in?

Sh4d0w
12-26-2009, 08:18 PM
can't you just take the rubber off insted of cutting it? Seems I took my Brake pedel rubber off no problem. Then again, mine is automatic, and I had clamps for the gas pedal...

They are the same style though. In red, however.

lostforawhile
12-26-2009, 10:09 PM
you can't cut the gas pedal it's a hard plastic pedal on a pivot, when it reaches the end of the throttle cable travel it pivots at an angle.