PDA

View Full Version : bumpers

Rolin' Stock
01-01-2010, 07:46 PM
i cant get my back bumper off without striping all the screws out...i need to do this to finish the body work on the back of my accord....any tips???

Civic Accord Honda
01-01-2010, 10:52 PM
unbolt the 2 screws above where the mud flaps go... and then get under the car and unbolt the bolts where to the 2 side tow hooks are and then pull the bumper straight off with the support

and spray some pb blaster on the bolts and screws if u don't want them striped..

mykwikcoupe
01-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Good advice. I went yesterday and tried and I had the same result. The stripped screws hold the plastic to the rear core support. If you remove the 4 14mm bolts from under the car the entire assembly slides out with ease. You need to remove the phillips screws from the wheel well but otherwise its good to go.

Civic Accord Honda
01-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Good advice. I went yesterday and tried and I had the same result. The stripped screws hold the plastic to the rear core support. If you remove the 4 14mm bolts from under the car the entire assembly slides out with ease. You need to remove the phillips screws from the wheel well but otherwise its good to go.

yeah i learned that with my 3gee ... and of course at the time didn't know there was another way to remove it ... so i tied the bumper to something in the garage and drove forward and ripped all those top screws out with my bumper cover LOL.... good thing the bumper was cracked and trashed anyway lol

mykwikcoupe
01-03-2010, 06:23 PM
yeah i learned that with my 3gee ... and of course at the time didn't know there was another way to remove it ... so i tied the bumper to something in the garage and drove forward and ripped all those top screws out with my bumper cover LOL.... good thing the bumper was cracked and trashed anyway lol

This is why you got flamed when you 1st got here. Ingenious ideas like this that. My favorite is the >$20 catchcan you managed to get under $10. A monster can. Thats cheap man

Rolin' Stock
01-06-2010, 03:28 PM
ya where the car was crashed backward into a tree...my bumper is prolly trashed too. not to mention the bumper cover looks like hell. its a good thing i have a doner car. so you just unbolt the whole bumper???

mykwikcoupe
01-06-2010, 08:23 PM
yep the entire assembly with the core support comes out at the same time. Its a sweet system

Civic Accord Honda
01-06-2010, 08:52 PM
This is why you got flamed when you 1st got here. Ingenious ideas like this that. My favorite is the >$20 catchcan you managed to get under $10. A monster can. Thats cheap man

LOL... i used a prestone brake fluid bottle and chopped up old pcv valves for the fittings and used hose from a old swamp cooler LOL so it was pretty much the $0 catch can :lol: :lol: :lol: