PDA

View Full Version : Tokico's w/ Weapon R's

ACE_14
01-01-2010, 10:13 PM
I'm hoping to get my car running again by next month, and once I do I want to install me Weapon R coilovers. I was stupid awhile back and sold my Koni red's and ofcoarse no one has any for sale. So, I was wondering, How long do you guy's think I can Roll on a set of New Tokico's and the Weapon R's before I blow the Struts? Is it worth doing while I keep looking for some Koni's and get them rebuilt? Or should I just keep the H&R's on there?

RobT5580
01-02-2010, 06:42 AM
I think you will regret putting those coil overs on the car. I had brand new Tokico's with the Weapon R's and i pulled them off within a month or two because it road like garbage. I have H&R's with Koni's which is not a bad setup but my B20A lightened up my front end so i plan on possibly going full body coil overs when the time comes.

Unless the spring rate is different i would say its a waste of time other than you can achieve a lower stance but you will pay for it.

ghettogeddy
01-02-2010, 10:43 AM
id say besides the stiff ride the tokicos will hold ive had my dropzones on my car for quite some time with tokicos and there good
of course i dont drive the 3g a hell of alot but it gets its laps

nswst8
01-02-2010, 10:45 AM
Tokico will only support a 1"-1 1/2" drop per the installation sheet that comes with the Tokico's.

I just installed a set with Tokico springs 1" drop, it works for me.

Should you go any lower you will blow them out. In my opinion its not worth it.

MessyHonda
01-03-2010, 02:37 AM
yeah i had tokicos with eibach pro springs and within 15k my front driver side shock blew...so i had to replace it

ACE_14
01-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Hey Rob, was the ride to stiff or what?

Importordomestic
01-04-2010, 02:23 PM
I currently run this exact setup on my hatch. I am giogn to tell you from personal experience that these springs are stiff. Tokico blues arent valved correctly for such a stiff spring rate. I have run this for 5 years and I am currently moving to a k sports full body setup. If you run this setup prepare for an extremely bouncy ride. Oh and you will blow shocks galore, if its to low. I had to raise my hatch frame clearance to 4,1/4 inches to keep the shocks from bottoming out. this is slightly lower than stock. I would love to have another inch drop. However you can have the shocks re-valved for the weapon r spring rate. but after the initial purchase, the re valve and the purchase of the springs you have purchased a k sports setup.

my .02

RobT5580
01-04-2010, 02:42 PM
I only posted to save you time and headaches. That was by far the worst ride i have ever experienced in any lowered car which is why i pulled them out and replaced them with H&R's.

Importordomestic
01-04-2010, 03:00 PM
I only posted to save you time and headaches. That was by far the worst ride i have ever experienced in any lowered car which is why i pulled them out and replaced them with H&R's.

i was trying to be nice but yeah......

Sh4d0w
01-04-2010, 03:10 PM
but after the initial purchase, the re valve and the purchase of the springs you have purchased a k sports setup.

my .02

Links to this k sports setup for our cars? please and thx

:beer:

Importordomestic
01-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Links to this k sports setup for our cars? please and thx

:beer:

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70441&highlight=ksport

ACE_14
01-04-2010, 09:15 PM
I like my H&R/Tokico set up, I just wanted to be able to fine tune the ride height. I e-mailed Weapon R to see if it was possible to get a bit softer spring, so we'll see what happens.

MessyHonda
01-05-2010, 01:44 AM
I like my H&R/Tokico set up, I just wanted to be able to fine tune the ride height. I e-mailed Weapon R to see if it was possible to get a bit softer spring, so we'll see what happens.

yeah i almost have the same set up but my springs are neuspeed that have the same spring rate as the h&r...the rear shocks are getting a bit soft so il try to switch over my konis(bought them used) should get a rebuild but i dont have the money since its tied up in my motor rebuild....anyways...to lower the front you can prob cut a coil and do the front pitch for the front...it lowers it a bit.

ACE_14
01-05-2010, 07:37 PM
Weapon R got back to me, they don't make a spring softer than 350. They did assure me that Tokico's WOULD handle the drop of their coilovers. I may just have to try it myself and see if I like the set-up. If not, I can always go back to my H&R's. I have to get my car running first.

Importordomestic
01-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Weapon R got back to me, they don't make a spring softer than 350. They did assure me that Tokico's WOULD handle the drop of their coilovers. I may just have to try it myself and see if I like the set-up. If not, I can always go back to my H&R's. I have to get my car running first.

PLEASE for the LOVE of GOD head our warnings.:ugh:

Importordomestic
01-05-2010, 07:59 PM
please before you purchase the springs give me a day to take pictures of stress cracks in the unibody and post them up. these are way to stiff and my car has suffered from them in the worst way. If you want a set of goood coilovers go ahead and spring foor the Ksports full body, which you can get in custom spring rates and full bound / rebound shock adjustment.

ACE_14
01-05-2010, 08:34 PM
I've already got them sittin' in my garage. The only reason I haven't put them on yet is because my car has ben down for awhile and the Tokico's I have right now are about 6 years old.

Importordomestic
01-06-2010, 03:59 AM
dont worry you will pull the off soon enough :)

RobT5580
01-06-2010, 03:03 PM
LOL Don't say we didn't tell you so! If they are new you have a better chance selling them and getting your money back.

-$MOKIN-
01-06-2010, 08:40 PM
id say besides the stiff ride the tokicos will hold ive had my dropzones on my car for quite some time with tokicos and there good
of course i dont drive the 3g a hell of alot but it gets its laps

LAPS AROUND THE PARKING LOT ? ....Lol :bandit:

MessyHonda
01-09-2010, 01:29 PM
tokicos can handle 350 spring...like i said try it out and see if you like it...but you will have to take it apart sooner or later

Importordomestic
01-20-2010, 05:25 PM
how did it turn our for ya?

ACE_14
01-22-2010, 07:57 PM
Money's been tight right now, so I haven't had a chance to put them on yet. Soon enough though. I'm waiting on a check from this Gig I did and I'm gonna be doing my taxes next week. It should be done by the time the So Cal meet happens.

Importordomestic
01-22-2010, 08:21 PM
got any pics of that MarkII Supra?