PDA

View Full Version : need rebuild

thecarguy007
01-02-2010, 08:59 PM
I have an 88' Honda Accord LX-i Coupe which was my first car. Long story short, two years later at 100K miles she developes a pretty gnarly knock. It was bought new by a family member and has a clean history other than minor body work done in the past. Anyways, I was wanting some feedback on some possible things I could do with this car. How difficult would it be to swap from Auto to Standard transmission? I've read that its pretty hard to swap to a newer motor and I've also read that there are virtually no performance parts available for the Honda A Engine.

I'm thinkin about just rebuilding what I've got but I'd love to swap tranny's and get five speed if I had a doner car. How big of a task would that be? Nevertheless, just wanting some idea of what I'm up against and how realistic my ideas are. I'm a beginner and have some mechanical experience but I also have access to experienced mechanics and good tools. Please give me some of your thoughts

Thanks, Craig

ShyBoyCA6
01-02-2010, 09:15 PM
have you try searching the threads for rebuilds? there should be plenty of info there and :welcome: to 3geez