PDA

View Full Version : 3G buying guide?

Edison Carasio
01-04-2010, 08:57 AM
Since I don't think I'm gonna be able to title and plate my current 3G before it gets towed, I'm gonna look for another. What are some things that I can expect to be wrong with them? Looking for an LX-i. Like for example when looking for a fox body Mustang, I know that the seat rail on driver's seat will be broken, the ash tray door will not work, and the arm rest pad will be missing.

So what are the number 1 things to expect from a 3G? I know Honda rust is a given, but any other heads up? I know to make sure the headlight motors work.

charliekuney
01-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Headlight motors are an easy replacement, and neither of my cars had any rust (okay, my exhaust didn't count). One was a Virgina car, one was a Washington State car. Expect something to be wrong with the wiper/blinker arm, as it was broke in both of my coupes. Check the brakes; all bad in both of my cars. Other than that, they're just going to be dirty as hell...

Bass Man
01-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Over 200k, the upper ball joints in the rear will be bad or have been replaced. CV's will either be clicking or replaced.

MessyHonda
01-05-2010, 02:05 AM
if you really want to be safe i would do a compression test on the car.

stat1K
01-05-2010, 06:48 AM
door hinges broken, antenna won't work, tilt wheel may be frozen up, i would definitely do a compression test, with any car with high miles i'd check all the suspension components, like bass man said all the ball joints are probably bad if they haven't been replaced already, axles could be worn but they are commonly replaced, mainly look for rust on any of the parts, people tend to bottom out the front cross member and that can rust pretty good.

Edison Carasio
01-05-2010, 08:27 AM
The 3G I tried to buy had most of these problems. Ball joints bad and antenna motor not working.