PDA

View Full Version : If I really went all out?

Reptile
10-05-2002, 08:57 PM
Would a 89 Accord LX-i with 300-350hp at the wheels, 0-60 in at least 6.0, and a top speed of 180 be realistic? I mean if i had unlimited money and was rebuilding the car from the ground up for total performance and adding a turbo or super charger amongst other things. Oh, and this of course means that I have unlimited cash in which to do this too. Im pretty sure the hp and 0-60 is but I dont know about the 180 top speed as well. If it is possable, plz tell me how to go about it. It is a dream of mine.

kicker1_solo
10-05-2002, 09:32 PM
the hp, yes
0-60, yes
180 mph, no
maybe 160-65 if you do go all out :)

netfreak
10-05-2002, 10:33 PM
Sure you could go that fast.. Don't count on having much of a car left though.

smufguy
10-06-2002, 05:12 AM
lemme tell u this, since u 'got unlimited' money (talking in the future). Custom do the 3g to be a RWD. get a V6 under the hood. either a accord V6 or a Legend V6. put a turbo on. The JDM had a 2.7L Turbo V6 on the legend (C20-T is the name of the engine i guess). see if u can get a 5spd or a 6spd to go with it. dude, money can do anything. u want.

Reptile
10-06-2002, 06:22 AM
yes in the furture is when this will take place. 3-5 years most likely. I would rather use the A20 engine for this project and I cant use a stick. In fact not only can I not use one, my medical condition prevents me from ever doing so. Like I said above, I wasnt to sure the 180 was reasonable, however it was the least important of the 3. 160-165 is perfectly fine considering ill probably never even take it much over 130 anyway unless im raceing or in an emergancy (and even them maybe not). So can any one give me a few companys that make parts for the 89 LX-i that would help me towards my goal. I'm trying to get as much info as possable before i do this, that way when I do do it all I need to do is to go right out and get the parts and then go have the work done. Oh I also want to keep it a FWD car as well. I just like driveing those types or cars. Also I cant quit make up my mind as to what color I want it to be. Either black (going for kind of a Knight Rider look), or that blue color my old 86 LX-i had that changed colors in different light (to pay homage to a great car and a better friend).

jteuton
10-06-2002, 10:48 AM
Getting at speeds that high in an auto is just a dream. Not enough gears....when you hit OD it will take you forever to cross 150. 350hp can be obtained at the wheels by running a 21lb turbo with no intercooler and using methanol for fuel. Good luck with the head gaskets. Even with that setup fully tweaked you probably won't even see 350....maybe 250-300. Then you will have to buy custom axles at about 1000' dollars to stop from snapping them like toothpicks. Then lets considering the automatic. Considering how nobody makes an upgrade kit for the auto you would have to take it to a shop and have it totally reworked and it probably still wouln't handle that kind of power.....and then there's your differential.....your stock spider gears will explode like a grenade with that kind of power. And there's the ECU. YOu would have to get a whole new computer with all new sensors and fuel injectors. YOu would need a pure racing intake and exhaut for the high octane fuel. YOu would get sucky gas mileage, not be street legal, and not pass emissions. Then you have to get some serious tires to put all that to the ground. YOu need serious brakes to help you control all that power. You would probably need a deeper sump oil pan cause of higher internal oil temperatures. Even on a20a3 you would need at least 25k to reach your goals. Now you know why exotic cars cost so much money.

A20A1
10-06-2002, 11:47 AM
I like the direction you're headed in REPTILE... :D

Get a Level 10 automatic transmission upgrade.
get an aluminum a20 block with sleeves. the biggest and strongest pistons you can get with the highest compression you could run on available fuel octane (if you want to continue to use pump gas).
adjustable cam gear
stronger titanium valve springs and retainers
roller rockers

1989se-i
10-06-2002, 01:24 PM
is it possible/easy to make 200HP? (80HP increase on my car)

..and still be street legal?

Reptile
10-06-2002, 06:07 PM
Thank you A20, comeing from you that means a lot to me. But why did you put my name in caps, I could hear you anyway. Oh and yes I want it to still run off the pump. I'm going to spend a good deal of money on the car (i intend to set back as much as maybe 100k for this) preferably not the fuel as well though.

Neuspeed87lx
10-06-2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Reptile
I'm going to spend a good deal of money on the car (i intend to set back as much as maybe 100k for this) preferably not the fuel as well though.

wait .....100 thousand dollars ?? :omg:

A20A1
10-06-2002, 06:49 PM
LOL, sorry for the caps... it's just habit.

My 89 Accord Lxi
10-06-2002, 06:51 PM
:eek: 100,000$ are you rich and what do u mean ur medical condtion did u get hurt in a car accident or something?

Reptile
10-06-2002, 06:53 PM
It's cool A20. oh and as for the money, I will graduate in about 3-4 years with 2 MBA's (Masters in Business Administration) plus a realtors salesmen’s and brokers license along with an investment brokers license. I will have the money in 5 years.

Reptile
10-06-2002, 06:56 PM
At least 50K.

Reptile
10-06-2002, 07:19 PM
Its ok I was born with my disabilities so they don’t really control me as much as your about to think they do. I will give you the short version to save time because its late and I’m tired. I was born with 9 things wrong with my heart, my lungs are half the normal size (say of someone else built like me, 5-9 150lbs.) and all the blood circulation to my right lung is artificial it was created using an old BT shunt. That is basically where they remove some of the veins and arteries and move them to a different area of the body. To this day I can still fell most of the lower half of my right lung that’s dead tissue. It can actually become VERY painful if I am driving thus I prefer to drive 3Gs Honda Accords because they are low to the ground and those it doesn’t bother me as much (it also helps that they are very fast but that’s not the point here )If I get in any kind of pick up or anything that’s even somewhat high off the ground it will only take it a few minutes for me to notice the pain and then threes nothing I can do about it. This is the main reason I don’t drive my dads Chevy Chyan pick up because if I’m in it and it starts going much over 35 or 40 mph it can become very painful for me. It's even worse if I’m the one driving the vehicle. Even in my Accord the absolute best I can manage with out pain is about an hour of driving. I also have little physical tolerance for extreme cold and any kind of high heat or humidity can flat out nock me down. In say a 85 degree day with little humidity it would take me between 3 to 5 minutes to go from perfectly fine to nearly being bedridden. If there’s allot of humidity to help the process it can lay me up in a matter of at most 2 minutes. Once this occurs I’m little more than a vegetable for as long as it takes me to cool back down again, a process that’s been known to take several hours from time to time. It rarely takes less than 30mins. Other restrictions include a low salt no added salt diet, a 25lb weight restriction and absolutely no sports of any kind.

MoonScryer
10-06-2002, 07:23 PM
Dude, that just blows so bad :(

Look at it this way: Life dealt you an ugly hand, but you made the best with it, obivously, and you got a 3gee; what more do you need? :D

A20A1
10-06-2002, 07:53 PM
awe man... :sadwave:

Reptile
10-06-2002, 09:20 PM
really little else. here is the good part though. Though my medical condition forced me not to pursue my realestate carrer at a time whne the market is at an all time high, it did force me to quit my job as a Wal-Mart door greeter in order to go on disability. Now i know you all think that is a bad thing, and to an extent it is. However i will get twice as much money on disability and none of the headaces of Wal-Mart (i really hated that job, It was a humiliating insult that lasted over 2 years of my life with next to nothing for pay), believe me guys that's a good thing. This almost eliminate my money and overtaxation problems compleatly, thus leaveing me much more time to focus on my college work and haveing fun (mostly college). between my friends, My LX and my GameCube im doing fairly good and in 6 months time when the disability kicks in ill be great (don't worry my nerd muscles are strong). Within one year i'll have purchased all the things i always wanted but could never afford working for Wal-Mart. I can also save a good deal more money for my future as well. What's with the waveing goodbye A20, I'm not going anywhere for a long time, I enjoy this board and all the people on it. And to be perfectly honest I do hold you in very high regard, if for no other reason than you are a cool person who has helped me alot in trying to deside what to do with my current LX. Your web site alone has helped me more that any other single site because of the links you have on it. Hell before i met you i didnt even know our cars could have any kind of RAM- Air in them, let alone know how to go about it. I personally feel you are one of the single nicest and most helpful people on this board and if you ever leave this place is never going to be the same. Thanks you also for your concern Moon, but like i said above, i no longer work for Wal-Mart and every thing is looking up. I'm much healthiernow and I sure as hell am happier. I would take more but it's getting pretty late and i need sleep for college tomarrow, see you guys then.

A20A1
10-06-2002, 09:32 PM
K laterz...

I don't think soaking up diability is wrong... if it's an honest one then you should get it hands down.
oh and I should be rebuilding the a20 soon so I can get some pics of the engine out... should be of some help further down the road. :D

I'm glad I've been able to help you... and as alwasy will continue to do so.

Neuspeed87lx
10-07-2002, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by Reptile
it did force me to quit my job as a Wal-Mart door greeter in order to go on disability. Now i know you all think that is a bad thing, and to an extent it is. However i will get twice as much money on disability and none of the headaces of Wal-Mart (i really hated that job, It was a humiliating insult that lasted over 2 years of my life with next to nothing for pay), believe me guys that's a good thing.

i dont think disabilty it wrong if you need it ...and it sounds like you do deserve it ...good luck with everything :wave:

Reptile
10-07-2002, 05:57 AM
yes i do deserve and need it, however I hate the fact that my conditions degraded to the point that I need it. To put it simply i'm getting on it so i can find a way to get off of it. And A20 as always I look forward to those pics and any info i can get from them or you.

Reptile
11-06-2002, 06:06 AM
needs a bump.

toastyghost
11-06-2002, 10:09 AM
spend the 100 g's on bionic lungs :)

Reptile
11-06-2002, 10:22 AM
That's a great idea, except the lung problem is the smaller of the 2. Good idea though.

A20A1
11-07-2002, 04:34 PM
we can rebuild him... we have the technology... all we need is the 10 million. or was it 1 million

Reptile
11-07-2002, 07:00 PM
LMFAO!

Reptile
11-07-2002, 07:00 PM
A20 your great!

smufguy
11-07-2002, 07:11 PM
i am really sorry to hear about ur condition reptile. Gosh i dont know how i would feel if i was ur parent and knowing my lil born baby is not to the extent i wish he would be. god, it would crush my like crazy. Though i am 20yrs old, i feel pain in my heart whenever i come across babies like that. Not trying to just dislocate ppl with deformations in them, but it just gets to me. Eveyrtime i see them, i just stand there looking at them with tears in my eyes, wishing why god gave me good working hands and legs and everything and just ask him to take anything from me to make the child heal. Cause i dont have anyone (except my gf) who really loves me and looks out for me, not my parents nor my relatives or even my friends, but just her.

I wish u all the best in life man. Mike is an amazing guy and he is one of the guys how have earned much respect with everything he has done. U be safe man. Take care of your health and i know for sure they got treatment or operation for ur health. I pray u get well man. God will never let his children down

Reptile
12-23-2002, 08:06 PM
I have some new news for this but it's a little late so I'll post it as soon as I get te chance tomarrow.;)

Reptile
12-23-2002, 08:07 PM
smuf you are a very cool guy.