PDA

View Full Version : Somethings Terribly Wrong. HELP!

3geeSlagle
01-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Let me start off by saying my car is a 1989 Accord LX-i with a A20.. nothing modded in the engine.. its got over 250k miles. I changed the oil and filter only 1000 miles ago.

It all started with me sliding in the snow into deeper snow and getting stuck and me womping the hell out of my car to get it out like a dumbass.. I was stuck and I panicked and just tried to burnout of the snow.. I had the engine at like 6000 rpms for a longass time and i finally got it out.. but now it's screwed up. I need help diagnosing the problem..

After we got it out of the snow, it stalled out and the oil light came on.. obviously overheated and whatnot. I let it cool down and start driving.. It's now making a loud, raspy sound and knocks every so often.. When the engine warms up to normal temperature after driving it a little, the oil light comes on at low rpms (1-2k). The noise is loud and inconsistent in it's knock.. its sperratic.

also, when accelerating at a normal speed, it will accelerate slower than usual (still with the raspy noise) and when it gets to around 3000 rpms, it will jump from 3k - 4k and from 4k-5k and so forth.. this is consistent.. it happenes on every gear, and starts at 3k..

The car also has a tremendous loss in power..

I came here wondering if anyone can shed some light on my issue.. I screwed up pretty badly and need help. Please if anyone can help.. I need it :)

Thanks!

ShyBoyCA6
01-08-2010, 02:34 PM
well you messed it up your self by reving so high for a long time why didnt you call a friend to help you out??? take the valve cover off and see whats wrong maybe need a rebuild on the engine since it has high mileage

Civic Accord Honda
01-08-2010, 02:46 PM
if the oil light came on you had no oil pressure .... hence why its knocking... now you need a new engine... or atleast new rod bearings in yours

dacantu
01-08-2010, 02:48 PM
I wish I could help. GL on getting it back up and running. Maybe you got snow up iin something that it shouldnt have been in?

russiankid
01-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Checked the oil level?

Dr_Snooz
01-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Post a vid or the noise.

3geeSlagle
01-10-2010, 08:39 AM
took it into the shop.. mechanic said it's a spun bearing or a cracked piston head..

haha! :cheers:

this means no point in repairing.. which means im going to pick up my prelude Wednesday :D - 1993 H22A1 VTEC Prelude with Greddy Evo2 Exhaust, DC Headers, Performance ECU (got vtec crackin at 5k and speed governor gone), Cold-Air, front and back sway bars, Mugen gaugues and pedals, short shifter, custom steel floor mats.. Can't wait.