PDA

View Full Version : Rotor Question

ShyBoyCA6
01-09-2010, 07:33 PM
how to change a four lug to a five lug? what would i need to do and what i need? or has anyone tried this if so you got pics of the car with 5 lugs i would be happy to see it. wanna know cause their is more options of rims to choose from with 5 lugs thanks in advance

labeledsk8r
01-09-2010, 07:59 PM
ima let you choose one of my many answers

"what do "you" think you need?"
:facepalm:
what rims our out there that are 5 lug that you cant find a compairable set in 4x100
search?
you would need the same thing as any other car would need for a 5 lug swap
good luck finding hubs that will work
fuckin noobs

ShyBoyCA6
01-09-2010, 08:01 PM
ok lol and whats your deal man not getting laid or what lol

labeledsk8r
01-09-2010, 08:06 PM
just sick of seeing stupid questions is all... if you HONESTLY have no clue on how to do one then you really shouldnt be atempting it, you have to miss match hubs from other cars wich can throw your suspention way outa wack, if you couldnt take the time to atleast look up 5 lug swaps "in general" then what makes you think anyone wants to look up all the answers for you

if you came in asking things like ok i have reasrched this this and this hub wich one do you think is the best way then you might get a better answer. lazzyness shouldnt be rewarded

Civic Accord Honda
01-09-2010, 08:07 PM
facepalm... you cant 5 lug a 3g... and even if you "can" no one knows about it how has ever done it has long as ive been a member....
also.. 4x100 is the most common rim size... think about it man... what do civics have? 4x100... what is the most populer tuned car? civic...

ShyBoyCA6
01-09-2010, 08:09 PM
hmm but i could of sworn i saw a 3g with 5 lug

ShyBoyCA6
01-09-2010, 08:10 PM
lol alright then

lostforawhile
01-09-2010, 08:35 PM
It could probably be done, but no one has bothered yet, I had to pass up some beautiful five lug rims with nearly new tires for a hundred bucks, due to them being 5 lug. what you need to know is the specs on the wheel bearings on the four and five lug. if the wheel bearings are the same, you can change the front hubs easy. the hubs need to be pressed off of the bearings though. and you would need a brake rotor to match the hubs, if you have rear drums i'm sure it can be done, a lot of honda's that have rear drums have similar setups. the main question is why all the trouble? I know there is a lot more honda stuff that will probably swap on these cars, but no one has really figured it all out yet, If i had the money and space, i would be experimenting with parts swapping every day on test three gees.

ShyBoyCA6
01-09-2010, 09:00 PM
i only ask cause i thought i saw a 3g with five lugs on this site or i could of been wrong and could of been a 4th gen accord

Tomisimo
01-10-2010, 06:08 AM
hmm but i could of sworn i saw a 3g with 5 lug
Sure, it was a AWD subaru swap one member here was doing, was a long time cince hes posted, but yes.. He had a reason to go 5lug, but you? Whats your main reason?

-DWM-
01-10-2010, 09:00 AM
If you have to ask, you can't do it. This question is too general. It would require lots of fabrication and time spent finding stuff that fits, and you'd end up with some kind of frankenstein that you can't find parts for. just don't do it, there's more than enough wheel choices in 4X100.

If you want to have 5 lug, trade your Accord for a car that has 5 lugs.

Tomisimo
01-10-2010, 12:22 PM
that is an good idea!! trade it for 5 gen Accord.

Oldblueaccord
01-10-2010, 02:37 PM
i only ask cause i thought i saw a 3g with five lugs on this site or i could of been wrong and could of been a 4th gen accord

Tommy from thailand has done it check his thread out. i think hes got 4th gen stuff on it.

wp

labeledsk8r
01-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Tommy from thailand has done it check his thread out. i think hes got 4th gen stuff on it.

wp

4th gens are still 4 lug just 4X114 first your to have 5 lug accords were 98 and that was on the V6's

ShyBoyCA6
01-10-2010, 09:22 PM
Ok thanks for the info guy and sorry I posted this thread how do I close the thread I tried looking for the close thread and couldn't find it and if you want you guys can flame me or call me a noob I don't give a shit no offense they are just words so it don't bother me lol

Oldblueaccord
01-11-2010, 09:43 AM
http://photos4.hi5.com/0056/273/223/ixV9CN273223-02.jpg

yep your right i was thinking it was a 5 bolt set up. Acura Integra Type R is 5 bolt might look into those pieces. The front arms might be close but the rear is the low compact design.

wp

accordion89
01-11-2010, 10:00 AM
I want a 5-lug conversion because they dont make alot of 4x100 spreewell spinners, three6mafia: "I'm riding spinnas i'm riding spinnaz, they dont stop..." lol

lostforawhile
01-11-2010, 10:01 AM
Ok thanks for the info guy and sorry I posted this thread how do I close the thread I tried looking for the close thread and couldn't find it and if you want you guys can flame me or call me a noob I don't give a shit no offense they are just words so it don't bother me lol

I don't think you need to close it,it just needs to be cleaned up, you did post a legitimate question, it's just not really needed for this car.

lostforawhile
01-11-2010, 10:04 AM
http://photos4.hi5.com/0056/273/223/ixV9CN273223-02.jpg

yep your right i was thinking it was a 5 bolt set up. Acura Integra Type R is 5 bolt might look into those pieces. The front arms might be close but the rear is the low compact design.

wp if the wheels bearings fit the spindles, you wouldn't have to change anything but hubs, on the rear has anyone seen if the bearings from the accord fit the SEI spindles?

onthe3rdday
01-12-2010, 09:09 AM
If you really want to do it... you'd probably want to start by mimicking what da9 integra/ ef civic guys do.For the fronts, the Width of the Type R bearing (1.6142") is identical to the width of the Accord bearing. So thats a plus. The inner bore is 1.5748" for the Accord and Integra R is 1.6929. Get a 5 lug hub from an integra type r and try out the following.

Take your Accord hub and bearing to the local machine shop. Get both mic'd so that you know the clearance between the hub and the bearing. Then have the teg hub shaved to fit your accord bearing. Press on the new hub and check the runout.

The rear....God, you are on your own.

Lastly, 5 lug means new brakes, wheels, etc...Basically headaches. 4lug Hondas are so popular that you really don't need 5lugs to benefit from better wheels, or brakes or whatever.

Oldblueaccord
01-12-2010, 10:11 AM
http://www.hybridautomotive.com/tech/5lug/

heres some pictures on this link. Good info above as well.

Have you looked into wheel spacers ?

wp

w261w261
01-12-2010, 10:55 AM
...fuckin noobs

I really don't think a response like this helps the board. The original question, which is a legitimate one, has come up from time to time, most recently a few months ago on this thread:

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69626&highlight=wheel+lugs

Someone that is new to the car might well want to know about this. If they used Search, and put in "5 lug" or "five lug" as I did, nothing would be returned. I gather the search function doesn't respond to numbers, as posts in the referenced thread have "5 lug" in several places. I did find the thread by searching for "wheel lugs," but that isn't as obvious as "5 lug."

I think we should turn down the heat some, or at least save it until it's needed.

onthe3rdday
01-12-2010, 01:46 PM
+1, to that. If I could get my hands on a spare knuckle, I would definitely do this.

labeledsk8r
01-12-2010, 04:06 PM
I really don't think a response like this helps the board. The original question, which is a legitimate one, has come up from time to time, most recently a few months ago on this thread:

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69626&highlight=wheel+lugs

Someone that is new to the car might well want to know about this. If they used Search, and put in "5 lug" or "five lug" as I did, nothing would be returned. I gather the search function doesn't respond to numbers, as posts in the referenced thread have "5 lug" in several places. I did find the thread by searching for "wheel lugs," but that isn't as obvious as "5 lug."

I think we should turn down the heat some, or at least save it until it's needed.

that also wasnt the only thing i have posted in this thread, not to mention back when you were learning cars did you come in and ask, how doe sa motor work or anytihng like that? doubt it you looked up how the system works in general, just like he coulda done, if he came in asking about certain hubs or spindals id be happy to help but i really dont think spoonfeeding answers is the right thing to do

Tomisimo
01-12-2010, 04:17 PM
Umm I think there nothing to discus here..

Here is what he prolly seen http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?p=873595#post873595

ShyBoyCA6
01-12-2010, 05:38 PM
yeah thats what i seen well i said i to close this thread but ok and heres the reason its kinda stupid but here goes i didnt want extra lug holes on the rim i was lookn for something with 4 lugs but not the rim that i wanted so i was like hey why not ask if they know and a simple no would of been better instead of making a paragraph and saying fucking noob cause you know one day we wont be noobs and im not into rotors so i wouldnt know shit lol even sizes ive been reading forums that 4x100 and best rim size for the accord is 13 or 14's. im new to this stuff man i just got the accord like last year in march but didnt drive till late july so i only know tune ups how to do fuel pump changes wiring and thats it man im working on my car every weekend to see what would make it turn on with one turn to the starter and without holding the clutch to turn the car on and its working fine since so if the car gives me a problem ill fix it but recently i had no problems but one and i already know what it is. and sorry for writing this huge ass post but just by replying a negative post will only make people leave the forum or piss people off ....like me i dont care im still learning but i know what im doing and my car is running better then when i got her....so im happy

Importordomestic
01-12-2010, 08:27 PM
just sick of seeing stupid questions is all... if you HONESTLY have no clue on how to do one then you really shouldnt be atempting it, you have to miss match hubs from other cars wich can throw your suspention way outa wack, if you couldnt take the time to atleast look up 5 lug swaps "in general" then what makes you think anyone wants to look up all the answers for you

if you came in asking things like ok i have reasrched this this and this hub wich one do you think is the best way then you might get a better answer. lazzyness shouldnt be rewarded

I spend lots of my time searching this site and reading old threads. You by far are one of the worst members here in regards to your atitude. I see people ask questions all the time that i believe to be very trivial however i do not increse my post count by bashing other people. But this one time I have to step outside and surcome to your level as it seems that only when someone is speaking on your level that you listen or remotely pay attention.

you dont have a 3g GTFO.... fuckin noob.

Importordomestic
01-12-2010, 08:39 PM
yeah thats what i seen well i said i to close this thread but ok and heres the reason its kinda stupid but here goes i didnt want extra lug holes on the rim i was lookn for something with 4 lugs but not the rim that i wanted so i was like hey why not ask if they know and a simple no would of been better instead of making a paragraph and saying fucking noob cause you know one day we wont be noobs and im not into rotors so i wouldnt know shit lol even sizes ive been reading forums that 4x100 and best rim size for the accord is 13 or 14's. im new to this stuff man i just got the accord like last year in march but didnt drive till late july so i only know tune ups how to do fuel pump changes wiring and thats it man im working on my car every weekend to see what would make it turn on with one turn to the starter and without holding the clutch to turn the car on and its working fine since so if the car gives me a problem ill fix it but recently i had no problems but one and i already know what it is. and sorry for writing this huge ass post but just by replying a negative post will only make people leave the forum or piss people off ....like me i dont care im still learning but i know what im doing and my car is running better then when i got her....so im happy

Please dont let the few here that are open assholes shun you away from the accord or this site. Those few are one of the reasons this site has suffered over the years.

Personally i think a 5 lug swap would be unique. We drive old and forgotten cars. Its nice to see new idea's spring up.

here is a possible combination.

accord 88-89 knuckle, jdm acura integra 5 lug hub and bearing pressed into the knuckle. Change the outer cv joint from the accord to the integra outer cv joint. (i remember reading somewhere or it was a question at one point that the jdm 5 lug teg had a thicker axle IE had a 37mm axle nut) for brakes run the acura integra GSR brake caliper and the acura legend 5 lug 11'' front brake rotor.

I imagine that there is a possble swap for the rear but im not sure on a combination. However i would start with the teg 5 lug rear hub as a research option.

ShyBoyCA6
01-12-2010, 09:00 PM
I spend lots of my time searching this site and reading old threads. You by far are one of the worst members here in regards to your atitude. I see people ask questions all the time that i believe to be very trivial however i do not increse my post count by bashing other people. But this one time I have to step outside and surcome to your level as it seems that only when someone is speaking on your level that you listen or remotely pay attention.

whoa calm down man dont scoop to his level you dont want cause attention to yourself. its alright i only solution i can come up with is that hes just hating cause he dont have a 3g like us and thanks for backing up the people that been bashed by other members they will thank you for standing up for them. and as for him i dont know why he bothers being on this site if he has a 5th gen accord might as leave

Civic Accord Honda
01-12-2010, 09:06 PM

WTF?!

Seriously if people didn't bash noobs i still wouldn't know shit . i learned from the bashing , its like when your in army boot camp and they yell at you, it teaches it you...

i am so sick of everyone defending the noobs.... seriously if they cant fucking handle a few smart ass comments then they shouldn't be aloud to own a computer. Look how much you guys used to fucking flame me , Now i actully know how to work on cars, When i joined i was scared to change my fucking spark plugs,

Importordomestic
01-12-2010, 09:12 PM
WTF?!

Seriously if people didn't bash noobs i still wouldn't know shit . i learned from the bashing , its like when your in army boot camp and they yell at you, it teaches it you...

i am so sick of everyone defending the noobs.... seriously if they cant fucking handle a few smart ass comments then they shouldn't be aloud to own a computer. Look how much you guys used to fucking flame me , Now i actully know how to work on cars, When i joined i was scared to change my fucking spark plugs,

you should still be scared...

dacantu
01-12-2010, 09:13 PM
:banghead: whats with everyone fighting on this damn board now a days? :inout:

Civic Accord Honda
01-12-2010, 09:16 PM
you should still be scared...

oh im shaking in my boots. :rolleyes:

http://jamie-online.com/random-jamz/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/facepalm.jpg

Importordomestic
01-12-2010, 09:16 PM
whoa calm down man dont scoop to his level you dont want cause attention to yourself. its alright i only solution i can come up with is that hes just hating cause he dont have a 3g like us and thanks for backing up the people that been bashed by other members they will thank you for standing up for them. and as for him i dont know why he bothers being on this site if he has a 5th gen accord might as leave

I am not defending anyone just shoing a general commonality that more and more members leave or move on because of ass hats, or simply that new people come and go just as fast because of the same asshat.

Importordomestic
01-12-2010, 09:18 PM
listen if your afriad of a spark plug thats coo with me.....LOLZ

cant take a joke?

Civic Accord Honda
01-12-2010, 09:21 PM
listen if your afriad of a spark plug thats coo with me.....LOLZ

cant take a joke?

lol i said when i joined... i was 16, since ive joined ive torn 2 3geez down to the bare frame and built 1 decent out of the 2, also worked on all the other cars ive owned after the 3gee. but its the flaming that got me where i am today.

Civic Accord Honda
01-12-2010, 09:22 PM
:banghead: whats with everyone fighting on this damn board now a days? :inout:

i call it Honda-Tech Jr :lol:

labeledsk8r
01-12-2010, 09:23 PM

what attitude, you being a member around the same time as i joined should know more then anyone i dont really have an attitude, i have helped many members as much as possible on questions and concerns with the site. i dont care about post count nore have i ever...

and nope i dont own a 3g, but i have owned a few, and researched them, hunted rare and uncomen parts for them, check the member status alot of the guys on here with real info DONT own a 3g. not to mention one of my best buds owns a 3g se-i coupe that was totaled that we have been putting ALOT of man hours into rebuilding

also as a member from around the time i joined you should know that just about any noob gets bashed, i know i did when i joined, ask a stupid question get bashed it teaches you to do a few things for yourself, this turns some people away but obviously they dont care about finding the answers. seems now alot of people want to babystep newbies threw everything..

was i a bit to hard on him? possibley.. some of it was actuly jokeingly but its w/e

enjoy being on "my level"

i have owned more 3g's then you have so im not hateing at all, and again see above post for reasons im still here. im really not hateing at all or that angry, if you love your car youd deal and learn from it

I am not defending anyone just shoing a general commonality that more and more members leave or move on because of ass hats, or simply that new people come and go just as fast because of the same asshat.

if your refureing to me id like to see proff of 1 member that left due to a comment i have ever made... truely most noobs leave becuse they loose interest in the CAR. i infact try to get more people to join, anytime i see a 3gee i still tell them of the site etc etc... but its w/e

Importordomestic
01-12-2010, 09:32 PM
lol i said when i joined... i was 16, since ive joined ive torn 2 3geez down to the bare frame and built 1 decent out of the 2, also worked on all the other cars ive owned after the 3gee. but its the flaming that got me where i am today.

we all have learned from others on this board. that isnt what i am upset about. The OP had a question, most said it was a stupid idea and called him a noob for it. it was a legitimate question and most did nothing to help.

my point is without the question the world would still be flat, the sun revolves around the earth. and man never went tothe moon (which to some is still under debate)

You help the new guys all the time. I read a thread yesterday where Nio thanked you for your help. He was getting flamed pretty bad and you put out the fire. i think you are pretty good at defending "noobs""

Importordomestic
01-12-2010, 09:39 PM
what attitude, you being a member around the same time as i joined should know more then anyone i dont really have an attitude, i have helped many members as much as possible on questions and concerns with the site. i dont care about post count nore have i ever...

and nope i dont own a 3g, but i have owned a few, and researched them, hunted rare and uncomen parts for them, check the member status alot of the guys on here with real info DONT own a 3g. not to mention one of my best buds owns a 3g se-i coupe that was totaled that we have been putting ALOT of man hours into rebuilding

also as a member from around the time i joined you should know that just about any noob gets bashed, i know i did when i joined, ask a stupid question get bashed it teaches you to do a few things for yourself, this turns some people away but obviously they dont care about finding the answers. seems now alot of people want to babystep newbies threw everything..

was i a bit to hard on him? possibley.. some of it was actuly jokeingly but its w/e

enjoy being on "my level"

i have owned more 3g's then you have so im not hateing at all, and again see above post for reasons im still here. im really not hateing at all or that angry, if you love your car youd deal and learn from it

if your refureing to me id like to see proff of 1 member that left due to a comment i have ever made... truely most noobs leave becuse they loose interest in the CAR. i infact try to get more people to join, anytime i see a 3gee i still tell them of the site etc etc... but its w/e

you are correct we have been around for a while, not the oldest, but for a while. That post was to simply show you how you are speaking to other members here on the board lately. Was it crude yes, unconventional.. definately. But your calm and colective reply show that you are within reason

I didnt intend to give the impression that you made anyone leave. just showing that atitudes like that will make people leave. But we all know people that have made other members leave.

ShyBoyCA6
02-08-2010, 08:13 PM
well im bringing back up and if you believe me or not i saw a 1988 accord for sale black with 5 lugs up in torance and it was completely stock everything and a 5spd coupe for 1500 with only 75,000miles on the engine..

stat1K
02-09-2010, 08:59 AM
5 lug hubcaps maybe in torance.

2ndGenGuy
02-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Why in would anybody convert one to 5 lug and leave the rest of the car bone stock?

ShyBoyCA6
02-09-2010, 10:42 AM
It looked stocked to me but he had hub caps on it I would of bought it

2ndGenGuy
02-09-2010, 10:46 AM
And then you would have taken off the hubcaps and seen 4 lugs. lol

ShyBoyCA6
02-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Lol maybe but had five lug nuts

stat1K
02-09-2010, 11:29 AM
And then you would have taken off the hubcaps and seen 4 lugs. lol

my point exactly, faux-five lug... even if it had five lug it's not a hard swap...

you would just need to change the ends of your axles to accept a 5 lug hub, (32 spline i believe? stock accord shit may even work who knows) machine the hub to fit in your spindle or machine the hub to accept the bearing, and then run whatever calipers fit your disk. there would just be no point since i don't think the brake upgrade you would normally get on a civic would really apply since the accord has a larger front anyway, it would be a gain but not worth the trouble, at least you could run 5 lug itr wheels huh?

2ndGenGuy
02-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Machine hubs? Pressing in bearings? Pfft! Here's your 5-lug conversion. Only $24.95.

http://hubcapmike.com/188-14c.html

Ichiban
02-09-2010, 05:39 PM
Have any of you even bothered to look at the wheel bearing listings? That's how I found out about the 2g Prelude bearing/flange into 2g accord spindle conversion. I posted the entire chart up in the 2G FA-Q. Did anyone bother reading?

I've also got a complete rebuilders application and spec guide for CV axles. For everything. Spline specs, length specs, application, and model number. I guess I could post it too, but eh, why bother? Think anyone would bother reading it? Doubt it. Everyone wants to whore B-swap threads, but nobody wants to do homework like I did.

Now go buy your hubcaps and leave me alone.

stat1K
02-10-2010, 09:16 AM
Now go buy your hubcaps and leave me alone.

new sig quote.

Harrison_Bergeron
03-10-2010, 05:20 PM
I just came across this thread searching for something else. I have been researching the idea of a 5-lug swap the last two days. Here are the things I've come across that seem like good starting points:

According to Rockauto, the 3g uses the same rear hub as non-ABS 1990 and up Integras, this would mean that if the rear knuckle for the ABS models is the same, and that the only difference in the ABS rear hub is the addition of the ABS tone ring, then type-R hubs should just bolt on the to the 3g rear knuckles. If this turns out to be true you would then just need to either find rotors that work with the caliper setup you already have, or figure out how to make calipers work for off the shelf type-R rotors.

For the front it looks like the easiest route would just be to drill the new bolt pattern into stock hubs, if the diameter of the hub is wide enough it should be just as easy as drilling out the Legend rotors. This could probably even work for the rear hubs.

The main benefit I have come up with so far would be that you could run off the shelf Legend rotors up front without needing them to be drilled for 4x100, this would make replacing your worn 11" rotors just as easy as replacing worn stock rotors.

So far, my plan is to only tackle this if I find a specific set of wheels I want to run(I want to run stock take-offs), as wheel choice and novelty are the only reasons to do the swap.

ShyBoyCA6
03-11-2010, 09:45 AM
Has anyone on here bought drilled slotted rotors from rockauto? I was looking for new rotors since the one on the right on my car is a lil dented and eats up the pad from one side.and I'm gonna change both of them with those rotors. If you have em are they a good brandor reliable? Thanks

Vector
03-11-2010, 10:28 AM
i'd go 5 lug to get larger brake options, without redrilling everything..

onthe3rdday
04-14-2010, 06:15 AM
I just came across this thread searching for something else. I have been researching the idea of a 5-lug swap the last two days. Here are the things I've come across that seem like good starting points:

According to Rockauto, the 3g uses the same rear hub as non-ABS 1990 and up Integras, this would mean that if the rear knuckle for the ABS models is the same, and that the only difference in the ABS rear hub is the addition of the ABS tone ring, then type-R hubs should just bolt on the to the 3g rear knuckles. If this turns out to be true you would then just need to either find rotors that work with the caliper setup you already have, or figure out how to make calipers work for off the shelf type-R rotors.

For the front it looks like the easiest route would just be to drill the new bolt pattern into stock hubs, if the diameter of the hub is wide enough it should be just as easy as drilling out the Legend rotors. This could probably even work for the rear hubs.

The main benefit I have come up with so far would be that you could run off the shelf Legend rotors up front without needing them to be drilled for 4x100, this would make replacing your worn 11" rotors just as easy as replacing worn stock rotors.

So far, my plan is to only tackle this if I find a specific set of wheels I want to run(I want to run stock take-offs), as wheel choice and novelty are the only reasons to do the swap.

Having owned a DA9 Integra, I can tell you that you cant take the Type R hub and slide it on and bolt it up. Thats why we normally swap the entire trailing arm. In the Honda-Tech community I believe the problem is circumvented by using the nut from some Mazda...either an older Protege or a 626 to resolve the problem.