PDA

View Full Version : clutch pedal switch

turabaka
01-09-2010, 11:22 PM
Alright guys. I'm confused as hell. What exactly does the clutch pedal switch do on the carb'd cars. I didn't think they had a safety switch. So if it's not that, what is it?

At first I didn't think they carb'd cars had them, but I'm surprised and happy that they do. Saves me some work for the goody I just installed. Let's see if anybody can guess what it is.

A18A
01-09-2010, 11:24 PM
only other use i can see for a clutch switch is for the cruise control

turabaka
01-09-2010, 11:25 PM
only other use i can see for a clutch switch is for the cruise control

odd thing is. It's a DX so it doesn't have it. Did they just put the switch in all the cars incase the dealer decided to put in cruise control or something?

A18A
01-09-2010, 11:44 PM
oh i see. i'm not too sure, my 5spd cruise control-less accords never had clutch switches :(

Civic Accord Honda
01-10-2010, 12:24 AM
its just so you dont acidently start the car in gear lol even cruise control less cars got it here

lostforawhile
01-10-2010, 06:25 AM
dx will start if the cluth is on or out, it sends a signal to the control module for the carb is why it's on the dx

turabaka
01-10-2010, 08:40 PM
dx will start if the cluth is on or out, it sends a signal to the control module for the carb is why it's on the dx

Do you know where the wires go? There's one black, and one red. Is it safe to assume that the black is ground, and the red is going to the carb?

lostforawhile
01-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Do you know where the wires go? There's one black, and one red. Is it safe to assume that the black is ground, and the red is going to the carb?

i'll have to find the diagram I believe it goes to the control box

Dr_Snooz
01-11-2010, 09:16 PM

Do you know what it does?

lostforawhile
01-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Do you know what it does?
it has something to do with one of the solonoids, i'll have to look it up, i believe it has something to do with idle while the car is running and the clutch is pushed