PDA

View Full Version : You're all aware of my piece of crap LX-i...

charliekuney
01-10-2010, 11:30 AM
...and how it's continuously having problems. Or is that just Mike and the people on my Facebook? Anyways, yesterday morning, I got in my car, it started right up, and I drove it to school for a swim meet. A few minutes later, I tried starting my car (away meet) and it wouldn't start. It was acting like I wasn't pushing in the clutch, when I was. It wouldn't do anything at all. The regular "check" lights would come on when I turned the key to the second position (first being the stereo one), but when I turned the key to the "start / III" position, nothing happened. Knowing the cure before, I let the car sit (about 10 hours this time, long meet), but when I went back to it the damn thing still wouldn't start. I had to push it and pop the clutch to get it home. It's been having a lot of starting / idling problems lately, maybe because it's cold? Sometimes it starts right up, sometimes it cranks forever, sometimes it cranks slowly a few times, sometimes it doesn't start at all. Possibly problems/suggestions? Yes, I have gas in it this time, thank you (long story).

-DWM-
01-10-2010, 11:50 AM
With your mix and match of no-crank, slow-crank, and no-starts, I would start by checking all the ground circuits.

lostforawhile
01-10-2010, 11:51 AM
...and how it's continuously having problems. Or is that just Mike and the people on my Facebook? Anyways, yesterday morning, I got in my car, it started right up, and I drove it to school for a swim meet. A few minutes later, I tried starting my car (away meet) and it wouldn't start. It was acting like I wasn't pushing in the clutch, when I was. It wouldn't do anything at all. The regular "check" lights would come on when I turned the key to the second position (first being the stereo one), but when I turned the key to the "start / III" position, nothing happened. Knowing the cure before, I let the car sit (about 10 hours this time, long meet), but when I went back to it the damn thing still wouldn't start. I had to push it and pop the clutch to get it home. It's been having a lot of starting / idling problems lately, maybe because it's cold? Sometimes it starts right up, sometimes it cranks forever, sometimes it cranks slowly a few times, sometimes it doesn't start at all. Possibly problems/suggestions? Yes, I have gas in it this time, thank you (long story).probably the ignition switch, Nappa has it, the last time i got one, it said Echlin on the box, but the switch was in plastic stamped Honda. they go bad and the start position burns out over time. it's easy to fix, take off the plastic surrounding the column, and there will be two screws holding it to the back of the mechanical part of the switch. take these off and unplug the wiring connector. test it under the hood first, jumper the small wire plugged into the starter , the solenoid wire, to the positive side of the battery, and see if it cranks. make sure it's in neutral!! if it cranks now, it's probably the switch, this is a very common problem.

charliekuney
01-10-2010, 12:06 PM
I just went out to it again. It hasn't been driven since 5pm last night (PST) and it still won't start. It's still acting like the clutch isn't in: that's the best way I can describe it.

lostforawhile
01-10-2010, 12:39 PM
I just went out to it again. It hasn't been driven since 5pm last night (PST) and it still won't start. It's still acting like the clutch isn't in: that's the best way I can describe it.
did you read my post?

charliekuney
01-10-2010, 02:29 PM
Yes, and thanks for the help. But, it's whatever. I'm not coming back to this site anytime soon.

lostforawhile
01-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Yes, and thanks for the help. But, it's whatever. I'm not coming back to this site anytime soon.
:wtf:

-DWM-
01-10-2010, 02:36 PM
I understand Charlie. The reason I say grounds and connections is because of the slow cranking.

lostforawhile
01-10-2010, 02:37 PM
well if he doesn't want my help, oh well.

2oodoor
01-10-2010, 03:02 PM
nobody cares, lol:mad:

hell dude Ive been here a while and my posts go ignored all the time so dont act like that

try by passing your clutch safety switch under the pedal first, then clean the battery terminals with a proper terminal cleaning tool, then check your starter wires n connections

lostforawhile
01-10-2010, 03:06 PM
nobody cares, lol:mad:

hell dude Ive been here a while and my posts go ignored all the time so dont act like that

try by passing your clutch safety switch under the pedal first, then clean the battery terminals with a proper terminal cleaning tool, then check your starter wires n connectionsneeds to verify voltage at the starter solenoid terminal while cranking. I don't think he will be back he deleted all his contact info.

Civic Accord Honda
01-10-2010, 03:06 PM
i had this problem... it was the wire that went to the starter needed to have a new spade crimp put on it ( really the whole wire needed to be replaced but the new crimp worked)

ShyBoyCA6
01-10-2010, 03:10 PM
what went up his A hole??:huh: and dont worry lost its cool i bet hes doing it anyways if he wants his car running normal again. but he shouldnt take it out on the thread he posted

charliekuney
01-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Lost, it's not you, it has nothing to do with you, so don't worry. I did want/need your help, I'm taking care of the problem, and I thank you.

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71499

lostforawhile
01-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Lost, it's not you, it has nothing to do with you, so don't worry. I did want/need your help, I'm taking care of the problem, and I thank you.

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71499

don't quit because of some noobs. :uh:

Juggalo88Accord
01-10-2010, 03:25 PM
:birthday: Yay hes gone! Such a smart ass i never wanted to talk shit cuz i dont wanna get banned but wooo i love this post lmao:cheers::cheers:

ShyBoyCA6
01-10-2010, 03:30 PM
:birthday: Yay hes gone! Such a smart ass i never wanted to talk shit cuz i dont wanna get banned but wooo i love this post lmao:cheers::cheers:

lol man you are one funny guy hahah

car6289
01-10-2010, 03:41 PM

If you do come back Charlie a possible thing to check is the clutch interlock switch. This switch is mounted above the pivot point of the clutch pedal arm. When you depress the clutch this switch provides a path to ground that is necessary to energize the starter relay coil which in turn provides the necessary power to the starter solenoid which when energized provides power to the starter motor. This is one of many possibilities to explain if the engine is not cranking over. As DWM said "I would start by checking all the ground circuits." This is one of those ground circuits.

2oodoor
01-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Charlie I saw the thread, and yes they were mean to you.BFD You are pretty obnoxious and bold in your comments in other threads but in case you did'nt notice it was tolerated because you were well inside the rules. So hold your chin up and take it what you dish out just a bit.
Obviousley you have some respect here or you would not have anyone posting assistence to your question.

-DWM-
01-10-2010, 03:46 PM
You should stick around Charlie, you're alright with me. These chuckleheads who keep starting new threads with easy questions that have already been answered are who need to leave.

2oodoor
01-10-2010, 03:49 PM
like I said , eliminate the clutch safety switch being a problem first, bypass it with a jumper

Tomisimo
01-10-2010, 04:11 PM
Charlie, Dont get angry at n00bs pliz man!! Just ignore it. You know you only show your sides with shit like that, and I can tell you this, as an old saying goes. Dont touch the shit it will stink. Just calm down and we will figure out your starting problem, Im sure its bad connection somewhere. 75% of all problems with a car is electrical.

lostforawhile
01-11-2010, 09:57 AM
let me know whats going on with it and i'll walk you through it. have you checked the simple stuff? check to make sure your battery positive and negative are tight, if they are loose everything will come on, but there won't be enough current to crank the engine. pull the terminals off, clean with a mix of baking soda and water, tighten them back up. pull the grounds off where they attach to the body, and sand the metal under the terminal and the terminal.

jg09
01-11-2010, 12:17 PM
hmmm, well charlie deleted me off facebook, too, so idk what's up

Hazwan
01-11-2010, 12:28 PM

Same here haha sick of having over 9000 friends i guess

labeledsk8r
01-11-2010, 01:16 PM
the dude makes a rude comment then crys when people are mean back to him? cant take what he dishes out i guess

Juggalo88Accord
01-11-2010, 02:08 PM
Hmm i hope his 3gee gets fixed though

accordion89
01-11-2010, 02:34 PM

he defriended you

2ndGenGuy
01-11-2010, 02:57 PM
He de-friended me too :crying:

Xybris
01-11-2010, 03:12 PM
^ I knew something was different when I was -1. He was saying he was going to delete it though...

Hazwan
01-11-2010, 03:17 PM
^ I knew something was different when I was -1. He was saying he was going to delete it though...

His account still exists, but de-friended us :crying:

accordion89
01-11-2010, 03:19 PM
I deleted my myspace, I hate having a million accounts, I have a autolog account I want to delete, I like 3geez and thats about it

thinking of getting a facebook, but hate that ex-gfs could get a hold of me, dont want old puss and want to get anylengthy letters

what does everybody think of facebook?

Xybris
01-11-2010, 03:21 PM
I like it. You can block most of the bullshit that you don't want to see, and can keep certain people from being able to contact you. It seems more professional than myspace...for the most part.

Hazwan
01-11-2010, 03:21 PM
I like it. You can block most of the bullshit that you don't want to see, and can keep certain people from being able to contact you. It seems more professional than myspace...for the most part.

Word and its fun to spam people with haha

Nio
01-11-2010, 03:28 PM
You should stick around Charlie, you're alright with me. These chuckleheads who keep starting new threads with easy questions that have already been answered are who need to leave.

I'm sorry I have questions :D

accordion89
01-11-2010, 04:41 PM
wow myspace is a bitch to delete, trying to delete my old profile that i have not logged in a year, email does not exist anymore so I had to contact myspace by email

ecogabriel
01-11-2010, 06:26 PM
let me know whats going on with it and i'll walk you through it. have you checked the simple stuff? check to make sure your battery positive and negative are tight, if they are loose everything will come on, but there won't be enough current to crank the engine. pull the terminals off, clean with a mix of baking soda and water, tighten them back up. pull the grounds off where they attach to the body, and sand the metal under the terminal and the terminal.

Sometimes a little corrosion in the inside of the terminal is enough for the starter not to crank; I've been there. But if you do not even hear the "click" sound from the starter then the problem is somewhere else.

My ignition switch acts very funny; sometimes I will hear the belt alarm when going to the "on" position but most times I have no belt alarm... not a big deal. Ignition switch sounds a logical possibility.

I know how frustrating those kind of failures are especiall when happening one after another. :rant: Just take it easy, and bit by bit you'll be getting rid of them

lostforawhile
01-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Sometimes a little corrosion in the inside of the terminal is enough for the starter not to crank; I've been there. But if you do not even hear the "click" sound from the starter then the problem is somewhere else.

My ignition switch acts very funny; sometimes I will hear the belt alarm when going to the "on" position but most times I have no belt alarm... not a big deal. Ignition switch sounds a logical possibility.

I know how frustrating those kind of failures are especiall when happening one after another. :rant: Just take it easy, and bit by bit you'll be getting rid of them
the switch for the key in is a different switch, it's attached to the side of the mechanical key switch with a couple of screws, it could be the switch,it could be the mechanical part wearing out. the ignition switch itself will go and the start position will fail.

87AccordLXsdn
01-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Wow, did every body's cat die or something? Everyone seems to be pickin shit with one person and crying about someone else. Not just this thread, but a couple others. Keep it together guys. Can't we just all be friends? :wave:

charliekuney
01-11-2010, 07:01 PM
I think I'm just going to cool off for a day or so. I obviously have nothing important to say, so no one's missing anything.

lostforawhile
01-11-2010, 07:04 PM
I think I'm just going to cool off for a day or so. I obviously have nothing important to say, so no one's missing anything.

well you have my email right? i'm trying to help you get your car running is all.

charliekuney
01-11-2010, 07:10 PM
I don't think so. I'll be here to read, though. It's dark so I can't really do anything until tomorrow.

dacantu
01-11-2010, 07:16 PM

x2 I dont like the idea of a 3gee being dead and not starting :(

Also Charlie, no need to go man. Everyone talks shit you know? I like the idea of young 3geezers being around being interested in these cars. We will eventually bring fresh ideas to the board as all the veterans have done.

charliekuney
01-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Charlie I saw the thread, and yes they were mean to you.BFD You are pretty obnoxious and bold in your comments in other threads but in case you did'nt notice it was tolerated because you were well inside the rules. So hold your chin up and take it what you dish out just a bit.
Obviousley you have some respect here or you would not have anyone posting assistence to your question.

I am obnoxious, I am bold. I don't hold back what I want to say. If people did, this wouldn't be a forum.

Charlie, Dont get angry at n00bs pliz man!! Just ignore it. You know you only show your sides with shit like that, and I can tell you this, as an old saying goes. Dont touch the shit it will stink. Just calm down and we will figure out your starting problem, Im sure its bad connection somewhere. 75% of all problems with a car is electrical.

I'm taking my starter and possibly alternator in to Schuck's to have them tested.

Same here haha sick of having over 9000 friends i guess

He de-friended me too :crying:

Impulse: I was already having a bad day, and I needed to get away from people for the time being.

the dude makes a rude comment then crys when people are mean back to him? cant take what he dishes out i guess

I definitely can. I was just tired of dealing with stupid people. Quote to rude comment, please.

Facebook > MySpace

Wow, did every body's cat die or something? Everyone seems to be pickin shit with one person and crying about someone else. Not just this thread, but a couple others. Keep it together guys. Can't we just all be friends? :wave:

That would be ideal, but not likely.

charliekuney
01-11-2010, 07:26 PM

I don't even know what to say.

ShyBoyCA6
01-11-2010, 07:40 PM
yo charlie is back welcome back man and f the foos talking crap man its just a board nothing to get all fired up for like me on the thread from 4x4 f that foo

ShyBoyCA6
01-11-2010, 07:53 PM
anybody got face book just made one lol

accordion89
01-11-2010, 08:49 PM
Well, semi-unrelated to this thread, i deleted all of my "social" networking sites, now I have no page or signature for my accord, I will have to start a accordion89 thread

Xybris
01-11-2010, 09:09 PM
anybody got face book just made one lol

http://www.facebook.com/#/group.php?gid=2520356414

ShyBoyCA6
01-11-2010, 09:17 PM
http://www.facebook.com/#/group.php?gid=2520356414

thanks xybris i joined the group

accordion89
01-11-2010, 09:59 PM
hell yeah, I will have to find a good default for me ugly mug

Juggalo88Accord
01-12-2010, 04:37 AM
I don't even know what to say.

lol Hey man you cant frontt like your not a smart ass just like i cant front bout being an asshole and a shit talker. I thought it was funny.

I really dont wanna see your 3gee die though i hope you get it fixed

charliekuney
01-12-2010, 05:44 PM
lol Hey man you cant frontt like your not a smart ass

But I am a smart ass...? I'm highly aware, thank you.

/proof