PDA

View Full Version : Lude Vs Accord

smufguy
10-06-2002, 05:38 AM
Is an Automatic 3rd Gen Prelude faster than an Automatic 4th gen Accord. Cause i tried to race this dude on his 3rd Gen lude and i was on sports (just an ECT) i still cant beat him. :wtf: yo????:banghead:

Jims 86LXI HB
10-06-2002, 06:41 AM
Hmmm, I'm running around in my wifes 4th gen EX 5-sp and I'm not impressed with it's power at all. With it's header and exhaust, I'm positive my 86LXI could have taken it. All the road tests I seen in the mags, put 4th gen EX's 0-60 times in the 10 sec range and that's what mine feels like.

Reptile
10-06-2002, 07:44 AM
i dont know about that, but I do know my younger bros 4th gen LX has the same engine my old 3rd gen LX-i had. However the 4th gen accords are so big and heavy that the engine is atually a little to small for that size car. His car handles and brakes a little better than mine, but thats only because it's a heavier car. Of course his also only has a little more than half of mines miles as well. lol. Oh and on a side note, his 4th gen has had quit a few mechanical problems over the past 6 months or so while my good little 3G just keeps on going like the only thing thats going to stop it is an act of God. And you know what, this LX and my previous LX-i has lead me to belive that that is pretty much the only thing that will stop it too.

1989se-i
10-06-2002, 08:05 AM
A brick wall couldnt even stop mine :p

shepherd79
10-06-2002, 08:08 AM
well the one thing is that lude is lighter and 4gen accord is heavier.
i would say that weight to HP ratio would go towards lude.

Jims 86LXI HB
10-06-2002, 08:17 AM
3rd and 4th gen accord's DO NOT use the same engine's. They are completely different.

90-93 dx,lx 2.2L fuel injected 125hp
90-93 ex 2.2L fuel injected 130hp
93 se 2.2L fuel injected 140hp (don't think anyother year of se had the 140hp engine)

carotman
10-06-2002, 09:02 AM
actually, the 4th gen accord has a 2.2L engine (F22A)

Jims 86LXI HB
10-06-2002, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by carotman
actually, the 4th gen accord has a 2.2L engine (F22A)

Doh!,:lol Thanks carotman, I edited my post.

nanaimo_honda_accord
10-06-2002, 09:17 AM
well i cant speak for a 4th generation accord but i know my 88 accord ex-i is alot slower then my previous car, an 88 prelude 2.0 si.

night
10-06-2002, 09:34 AM
the 3gen ludes can run 16 flats pretty easy. and mid 15's with some bolt ons and a good driver.

and they weigh very nearly the same. its all in the gearing and power band.

smufguy
10-06-2002, 06:33 PM
well the car he had was a 2.0 Si. man......... i wish my 4th gen would run quick. it stinks now. even the radio is fucked up now. seems like its shot inside. Whenever i hit a bump, or speed up, or brake or even turn, the radio totally goes off. no tuner and no casset. and after a while it comes on again. its an aftermarket radio (panasonic - piece of shit).

can i refil her with R134? it came with a R12

Project-LXi
10-06-2002, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Reptile
my good little 3G just keeps on going like the only thing thats going to stop it is an act of God. And you know what, this LX and my previous LX-i has lead me to belive that that is pretty much the only thing that will stop it too.

Here in the Bay Area there is a highway which connects Santa Cruz Co. and Santa Clara County, Highway 17. It is basicly a freeway that runs over the Santa Cruz Mountains, very windy (for a highway at least) with lots of 40mph turns and the like. Since I live in Santa Cruz and attend College in Santa Clara every day I drive the road pretty fast (speed limit is 50, I go around 70) Well, it just so happens that one night after coming back from a bonfire at the beach late one night with my gf and best friend, headed to Santa Clara over 17, a dear decides to wander out in the middle of the freeway :banghead: I was in the left lane it was in the right lane (2 lanes each direction w/ center divide) and doing about 70+ because it was a straight away. I see it and am like OH SHIT!! and start to slow down, but just then it decides to run right out in front of my car and BAM! That sucker flew thru the air about 20 feet flipping end over end and ended up right under my car once we came to a stop. Its a lifesaver that our cars are so low to the ground because the bumper hit the back of the dear's legs which ment all the impact went to my hood and passenger side light. The front end behind the grille was bent tweaked back towards the cabin pretty bad too. I remember getting out of the car and thinking :wtf: because the damage was so minimal. Usually if you hit a dear at anything in xcess of 30mph its time to buy a new car if your even alive. Anyway, nobody was hurt, and the damage to my car was (relitivly) minimal, esp at 50+ mph! I managed to straighten everything out, replace the headlight, and take the major dents out of my hood until I finish sanding and respraying the new one I picked up.