PDA

View Full Version : Emergency my coupe wont start! And I need it now

dacantu
01-16-2010, 02:05 PM
Alright guys I just finished getting my coupe all pretty for the prelude/accord meet here in phoenix and now it wont start :'(

I think its a fuel pupmp problem because when i turn the ignition on I dont hear any noise like I should. But the motor does crank over.

If its not the fuel pump could it be the relay or a filter and where is the relay located? I also am under the impression that the second fuel filter is in the gas tank?

I need to have the car running within the next hour so give me all your opinions guys please.

ShyBoyCA6
01-16-2010, 02:30 PM
is located behind the fuse box for the relays if not that get under the car back left tire to see if its connected if not you mite have to bring the gas tank down and see if its connected if you wanna be a mickey mouser i have a way the car will turn on and i have this on my car and turns on fine

w261w261
01-16-2010, 02:39 PM
You have only 1 fuel filter, and it's up front. You could have a clogged filter, but you might be a victim of the infamous main relay. Open up and remove the change drawer that's to the left of the steering wheel. In and up and to the left (against the side of the car) is the main relay. It's colored white I think, and has a plug going into the bottom of it. Take a wrench or something and give it a whack, or a couple of them. What's happened (if it's happened) is the solder connection inside has developed micro-cracks. It needs to be unsoldered and resoldered, but in the meantime maybe you can jar it enough so that it will reestablish the circuit.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

ShyBoyCA6
01-16-2010, 03:06 PM
You have only 1 fuel filter, and it's up front. You could have a clogged filter, but you might be a victim of the infamous main relay. Open up and remove the change drawer that's to the left of the steering wheel. In and up and to the left (against the side of the car) is the main relay. It's colored white I think, and has a plug going into the bottom of it. Take a wrench or something and give it a whack, or a couple of them. What's happened (if it's happened) is the solder connection inside has developed micro-cracks. It needs to be unsoldered and resoldered, but in the meantime maybe you can jar it enough so that it will reestablish the circuit.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

i think its a bronze looking one i change mine twice but still have a wire incase if it goes out again think of it as a back wire relay haha works like a charm

charliekuney
01-16-2010, 03:23 PM
It sounds to me like the main relay. Is it hot down there right now? Exposure to heat/cold ruins them.

w261w261
01-16-2010, 05:33 PM
i think its a bronze looking one i change mine twice but still have a wire incase if it goes out again think of it as a back wire relay haha works like a charm

For a few years, I was into '67 Lincoln convertibles (I had 3 altogether, the ones with the suicide rear doors). The whole top operation was one-stop shopping. That is, if all of the cascading limit switch/relay operations (rear deck unlock, deck raise hydraulic, boot pivot, top raise hydraulic, windshield header lock, deck return, deck relock) worked. A jumper wire was an essential thing!

Civic Accord Honda
01-16-2010, 05:49 PM
definitely sounds like a main relay , your love replacing that X_X

dacantu
01-16-2010, 11:38 PM
alright guys update on this....

I dont know what exacatly the fuel relay does, but i will have to look into it later.

and it doesnt seem to be a fuel problem because I drove the car around all night by push starting it. I think its a ignition problem. im going to check my coil tomorrow because its the original coil. weŽll see if thats it. and just for the hell of it im going to replace the fuel filter with a brand new one that i have around here somewhere. I will update tomorrow.