PDA

View Full Version : Hatchback on the way!

Spectral
01-19-2010, 12:06 AM
Alright apparently I have been registered here since March of last year but I did not know and have not ever posted haha. Onto the goods though. I am picking up a 1987 Hatchback tomorrow. It's silver in color. Supposedly the motor was replaced and the new one has 150k on it. It is an auto though :( kinda sad but I am going to be swapping motors in the next few months so a new tranny will be in order at that point anyways so it's not that huge of an issue. Don't have any pictures just yet considering I have not picked the car up yet but I will definitely update this tomorrow night with pictures. Body seems pretty clean probably needs a paint job but that's no biggie either.

Thought I would post up now because I can. Seems like I have a lot of info to read through to make sure I modify the car right.

Nio
01-19-2010, 12:21 AM
Sweet, welcome to the site....and can't wait to see some pictures of it.

Spectral
01-20-2010, 12:27 AM
Update now!! Picked up the car. In a little bit of rough shape. But for $300 I cannot complain the interior is what I need to deal with first the passanger window motor is broke so the window is half rolled down so the interior got wet and molded. Not a problem though because its the brown interior and I really want gray so I will be looking to swap that out very shortly. The back bumper does need replaced and the body has a few dings in it so i am going to be looking for a clean stock, or stock like, body kit and throw it on and get the exterior painted a stockish color. Other than that the only other thing that needs fixed is one of the CV joints. From there it will good to go for project fun :). Which for that I will not waste the space in here because I will be shortly making a thread to track the full transformation of this car which should be pretty amazing by the time I am finished.

Enough yapping about the car. Onto the few pictures I took with my phone.

http://imgtree.net/files/3bb05xn57a7hs75g1r28.jpg
http://imgtree.net/files/durgzhnwo3zgejrdgwo7.jpg
http://imgtree.net/files/fdcm1zcaieku56sfn1v4.jpg

I will have better pictures I my build thread I didn't have time to take my SLR out and take nice pictures of the car.

Thanks for looking!

Bass Man
01-20-2010, 08:48 AM
Damn! That's pretty damn straight and clean!

2ndGenGuy
01-20-2010, 09:11 AM
Nice find! She will be a beauty with a little elbow grease! I feel like I was looking at that on Craigslist earlier this week, but not sure...

Juggalo88Accord
01-20-2010, 11:49 AM
Good to see you on 3geez. You should check out tha meets/location threads theres a meet in tha works for this summer in oregon. Im so happy im not gunna be tha only 3gee at tha nwmotoring meets

Spectral
01-20-2010, 12:16 PM
Nice find! She will be a beauty with a little elbow grease! I feel like I was looking at that on Craigslist earlier this week, but not sure...

you probably did see it i jumped on it asap.the car is kinda clean it does need a new rear bumper and drivers headlight but other than that all it should just need some touching up and new pain. Any suggestions on aclean stock like body kit?

Demon1024
01-22-2010, 03:46 AM
Nice hatchy man. Looks like mine :)
Good luck on finding a gray hatch interior. the coupes will share the same floor :)

Spectral
01-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Nice hatchy man. Looks like mine :)
Good luck on finding a gray hatch interior. the coupes will share the same floor :)

do they share the same dash as well?

I am thinking I might just pick up some decent bucket seats and buy my own fabric and just carpet it with my own color and the just paint the interior pieces.

Demon1024
01-27-2010, 04:26 AM
im not for sure but i have an extra black and tan and a maroon one
Where are you located?

Spectral
01-31-2010, 02:51 PM
I'm just south of Seattle WA. I was thinking of just painting everything.

Civic Accord Honda
01-31-2010, 10:17 PM
u got that for 300? , have i told you i hate you?

ghettogeddy
01-31-2010, 10:51 PM
there really isent a clean body kit anymore specially not for the hatch

as far as the dash goes all dashes in all 4 years in all 3 body types are the same

Spectral
02-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Kinda sad about the body kit but stock is fine. and that is awesome about the dash that will make things easier i think for me.

and yes i did buy that for 300 he was asking 500 but i figured i would see if i can get any less so offered 300 and he said he would take it lol.