PDA

View Full Version : right brake lights wont work

9shorty20
01-19-2010, 09:05 AM
the right brake lights on my car only come on sometimes...its just the brake lights cuz when i turn the headlights on all of the back ones turn on.this is driving me crazy i dont know what it is.i checked the bulbs fuses and everything is good..can someone help me...thanks

ShyBoyCA6
01-19-2010, 09:33 AM
You might have a short some bouncing around check the wires and grounds too

Dr_Snooz
01-19-2010, 08:43 PM
Check the adjustment of your brake light switch at the pedal. Also check the condition of your bulb sockets.

lostforawhile
01-19-2010, 09:07 PM
the right brake lights on my car only come on sometimes...its just the brake lights cuz when i turn the headlights on all of the back ones turn on.this is driving me crazy i dont know what it is.i checked the bulbs fuses and everything is good..can someone help me...thanks

pull the bulbs and check for corrosion at the bulb and socket, the other lamps come on because they are a different filament, clean up the sockets if they are corroded and get a little tube of electronic contact grease, put some on the bulb and in the socket before you put the bulb back in. This ensures the corrosion won't return and will maintain the contact.

Nio
01-19-2010, 09:17 PM
Check around the sockets on the bulbs as well, see if anything is melted or looks moist.

My AE92 kept melting brake lights holders and wire connections. because the bulbs kept getting to hot.

There are a lot of things that can go wrong with brake lights.

lostforawhile
01-19-2010, 09:33 PM
Check around the sockets on the bulbs as well, see if anything is melted or looks moist.

My AE92 kept melting brake lights holders and wire connections. because the bulbs kept getting to hot.

There are a lot of things that can go wrong with brake lights.if the sockets are melted you can get ones off any honda at the yard, as far as i know 90 percent of them are interchangeable.

AccordB20A
01-19-2010, 09:34 PM
also check the black box mounted on the light is plugged in properly

Nio
01-19-2010, 10:18 PM
if the sockets are melted you can get ones off any honda at the yard, as far as i know 90 percent of them are interchangeable.

Yea, If it turns out to be something like this, just head to a junk yard. I plan to soon just so I can pick up a replacement for my right brake light cause the plastic holders have broke.

9shorty20
01-25-2010, 11:43 AM
turns out it was just some loose wires on the wire harness that connects to the bulbs..anyone know where i cant get another one..besides the yard

Bluntman
01-25-2010, 02:43 PM
turns out it was just some loose wires on the wire harness that connects to the bulbs..anyone know where i cant get another one..besides the yard

OK I looked up NAPA and it did not show, but that does not mean they can't get them. Now I am not an Autozone person at all, but I did find brake light sockets on there site if that is what you need. Since it is only a socket and you do not want to go to a junkyard, then since it is only a socket ( If that is what you need ), then they do list them.

: I do not condone this behavior !!!!! I am not an Autozone person at all. But it is only a simple socket. I still say go to the boneyard. But if you need the other harness plug end then ignore me. But always NAPA!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/parts/partsProduct.jsp?displayName=Electrical+Lighting+S ocket&itemId=476-0&navValue=15700476&parentId=57-0&productId=228382&fromString=&itemIdentifier=228382_0_0_1568,14160&filterByKeyWord=&categoryNValue=&isSearchByPartNumber=&categoryDisplayName=Electrical&store=5543&skuDescription=Motormite/ElectricalLightingSocket&fromWhere=&searchText=&_requestid=1076782

lostforawhile
01-25-2010, 04:03 PM
OK I looked up NAPA and it did not show, but that does not mean they can't get them. Now I am not an Autozone person at all, but I did find brake light sockets on there site if that is what you need. Since it is only a socket and you do not want to go to a junkyard, then since it is only a socket ( If that is what you need ), then they do list them.

: I do not condone this behavior !!!!! I am not an Autozone person at all. But it is only a simple socket. I still say go to the boneyard. But if you need the other harness plug end then ignore me. But always NAPA!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/parts/partsProduct.jsp?displayName=Electrical+Lighting+S ocket&itemId=476-0&navValue=15700476&parentId=57-0&productId=228382&fromString=&itemIdentifier=228382_0_0_1568,14160&filterByKeyWord=&categoryNValue=&isSearchByPartNumber=&categoryDisplayName=Electrical&store=5543&skuDescription=Motormite/ElectricalLightingSocket&fromWhere=&searchText=&_requestid=1076782

can someone just send him a couple? i'm sure someone has some extra sockets around. I checked and I don't have any.

9shorty20
01-26-2010, 01:02 PM
its the whole wire harness that i need...i checked kragen auto zone etc...and they dont have them im guessing i have to order them.does anyone know of an online store where i can get em??

lostforawhile
01-26-2010, 01:52 PM
its the whole wire harness that i need...i checked kragen auto zone etc...and they dont have them im guessing i have to order them.does anyone know of an online store where i can get em??

what do you mean by the entire harness? from where to where?

Bluntman
01-26-2010, 02:25 PM
Is this what you need? And only one? There has to be junkyards in Perris. But I am in Orange County, so maybe I can figure something out for you.
http://i19.servimg.com/u/f19/12/59/29/63/harnes10.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=706&u=12592963)

lostforawhile
01-26-2010, 03:03 PM
Is this what you need? And only one? There has to be junkyards in Perris. But I am in Orange County, so maybe I can figure something out for you.
http://i19.servimg.com/u/f19/12/59/29/63/harnes10.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=706&u=12592963)
whats wrong in the harness? is it the bulb socket? replace the socket if it's bad

9shorty20
01-27-2010, 10:43 AM
yea bluntman thats the one i need..but mine has three sockets...i wanted to find out if there was any stores that sold them..instead of going to the yard and getting a used one...ima probably end up going though.once the rain stops of course

lostforawhile
01-27-2010, 12:00 PM
yea bluntman thats the one i need..but mine has three sockets...i wanted to find out if there was any stores that sold them..instead of going to the yard and getting a used one...ima probably end up going though.once the rain stops of course

right side? sedan right? i grabbed one for you :thumbup:

lostforawhile
01-27-2010, 09:30 PM
pm me your addy and i'll send it to you

caliass
03-27-2010, 08:32 PM
I have the same problem, was it the wiring harness you guys circled and where do I get one. also the black box on the back of the assembly, how do I test that, and then where do I get one if it is bad?

9shorty20
03-29-2010, 12:29 PM
it was a loose wire in the wire harness..if i moved it or taped it it would work but as soon as i hit a bumb it moved and would mess up again..try moving the cables around to see if its that