PDA

View Full Version : Idea. *exhaust flow test.*

Nio
01-19-2010, 08:59 PM
Okay this is going to sound very rice....very very rice.

But I know I have a issue with lose of power. And I noticed the last night I have a shit load of holes in my exhaust system. *at the end mostly*. and then I watched a video I recorded of the exhaust, it seems there might be some kind of liquid in the muffler, cause I see a bubble form every time it goes up in mid-high RPMS..

I was thinking about taking the exhaust off for a test run and seeing how the car reacted, kinda to see if its part of the problem...

You guys think it could be a bit of a issue, you know rusted holes, and something in the muffler clogging the exhaust flow, causing the loss of power.

Rollz87civic
01-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Sounds like you have water in there and it coming out your holes..

That sounded kinda dirty.

You got try and unhooking it from the axle back and see what happens. if it clogged i could see how it might effect you "power".

Bass Man
01-19-2010, 09:48 PM
Rear wheels, no axles.

Spend a couple bucks and get that SE-i a nice exhaust.

Nio
01-19-2010, 10:17 PM
Rear wheels, no axles.

Spend a couple bucks and get that SE-i a nice exhaust.

I want to, But I am very limited on budget right now. Trying to hunt for a second job.

But I wanted to know if this could be a issue. so I can slap a new exhaust system higher up on my to-do list..cause right now its kinda not important unless its part of the issue I'm having with my car not getting much top end.*and not because its a accord, because something is wrong.*

labeledsk8r
01-19-2010, 10:22 PM
it can be the issue, a cloged muffler will cause to much backpresure and can help cause some of the hoes your speaking of. if your really tight on money get yourself a drill and a drill bit (mayby like a 1/4th inch bit) and drill some holes in the bottom to help reduce the backpresure. its gonna sound like crap its gonna look like crap, but it should help he problem till you can afford to get some new pipe and muffler welded in

Civic Accord Honda
01-19-2010, 11:40 PM
saw the muffler off! 3gees sound pooy with the stock muffler anyway

Nio
01-20-2010, 12:12 AM
saw the muffler off! 3gees sound pooy with the stock muffler anyway

Lol. I don't think I'll saw it off, I was just going to remove the bolts at the cat, and pull the whole system out, its got holes all the way up to that point.

Spectral
01-20-2010, 12:26 AM
My new 3g sounds decent with the crap muffler the guy put on haha.

labeledsk8r
01-20-2010, 01:01 AM
a good way to test if that muffler is cloged aswell is while its running take your foot(with a shoe on) and block the exhaust hole. if the car seems ot keep running exactly the same then its cloged

My new 3g sounds decent with the crap muffler the guy put on haha.

interesting...

MessyHonda
01-20-2010, 01:07 AM
dont...i took off my cat and now my car smells like gas all the time

Civic Accord Honda
01-20-2010, 01:11 AM
Lol. I don't think I'll saw it off, I was just going to remove the bolts at the cat, and pull the whole system out, its got holes all the way up to that point.
DO NOT remove it from the cat LOL it will be so damn loud... theres 2 bolts to remove just the muffler and a little bit of pipe behind the rear tire ^_^ just remove it from thar

dont...i took off my cat and now my car smells like gas all the time

you must be running hella rich then... my 3g and civic both smelled the same when i removed thar cats

Nio
01-20-2010, 01:17 AM
DO NOT remove it from the cat LOL it will be so damn loud... theres 2 bolts to remove just the muffler and a little bit of pipe behind the rear tire ^_^ just remove it from thar

you must be running hella rich then... my 3g and civic both smelled the same when i removed thar cats

Actually I would do that, But they cut the old muffler off, this one is welded on and the only place to remove it is either cut it, or take the 3 bolts out of the cat. *but I'll take another look.*

And I'm not removing my cat. Its staying on, just the piping after it.

And I know its kinda loud. Cause I ran my civic for a few days like that while I was out at a friends farm. :P I actually really liked how loud it was. Kinda missed it when I put the exhaust back on it.

Nio
01-20-2010, 05:07 PM
Well I found out there was 2 bolts there, They just don't look like em cause how badly rusted they are.

I was able to get one off, but when I got to the inner one, found it was already stripped. :(

Anyone have any good ideas. I mean if I can get it to work I'll just take that one to my buddies shot and use his impact gun.

A20A1
01-20-2010, 11:39 PM
Cats can clog too.

#11 in the picture

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48569

Nio
01-21-2010, 12:01 AM
Cats can clog too.

#11 in the picture

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48569

Yea that seems kinda like the issue I'm having.

But I guess I should pick up a vaccum gauge*Is that what its called?* and test it out myself.

would #6 and 20# be the same on the FI engine?

A20A1
01-21-2010, 01:04 AM
I think so.

Just remember the "GHOST" needle or "WHITE" needle represents the needle in motion/fluctuating, the
"BLACK" needle represents a steady needle on the gauge.

Nio
01-21-2010, 01:28 AM
I think so.

Just remember the "GHOST" needle or "WHITE" needle represents the needle in motion/fluctuating, the
"BLACK" needle represents a steady needle on the gauge.

Yea I read threw it. ;) I was a bit confused at first, cause i couldn't see the "ghost" needle, But I saw it after looking closer.