PDA

View Full Version : I am surprised at the Honda OEM parts that are still available

Bluntman
01-20-2010, 10:53 AM
Getting ready for paint, so I got my OEM tail light gaskets and antenna. I got a regular DX antenna because I am not going to deal with getting at the motor in the kick panel for my LXi, and the cool thing is, it has a chrome base, I thought they were all black for some reason.:cheers:

bpershing
01-20-2010, 11:10 AM
Hey - love your cover! quick question - i am brand new today and I have not been able to figure out how to post a thread. Can you tell me how? Sounds dumb I am sure.

Bluntman
01-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Hey - love your cover! quick question - i am brand new today and I have not been able to figure out how to post a thread. Can you tell me how? Sounds dumb I am sure.

When you go in to a forum, such as technical or whatever it may be, at the top it will say new thread, click on that. I am not sure but you may have to have at least 5 posts. But try it to see.

Edison Carasio
01-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Only bad thing about OEM parts for a car this old is that they've probably been on a shelf collecting dust for 20 years. lol but good find.

charliekuney
01-20-2010, 04:08 PM
Only bad thing about OEM parts for a car this old is that they've probably been on a shelf collecting dust for 20 years. lol but good find.

True, but a lot are just parts that are on cars made today, so they're interchangeable.

RobT5580
01-20-2010, 06:20 PM
I have been finding a lot of parts not available these days and the JDM parts are even worse.

Least you found what you needed!

AccordB20A
01-21-2010, 12:33 AM
over here honda stocks some oem service parts but nothing much else and they get discontinued as they run out....

MessyHonda
01-21-2010, 12:43 AM
yeah i get lucky with my honda guys...i like when they have cool stuff in stock

mykwikcoupe
01-21-2010, 01:19 AM
typically im in there for standard maintence items. Gaskets, oil seals, belts, filters. i bought a complete cutch service kit. Only costs 360 my price for the pressure plate, throw out bearing and disc. Took 3 days to get them cali but I was glad they were still available. There are quite a few cool parts no longer available Ive asked for recently.

off black sei coupe carpet for the cabin. $780 no long stocked
Black carpet for the 88 dx hatchback $780 no longer stocked
I did ask for an oem air pump for my 1978 civic 1200 once. only $1500 and they luckily had one left in stock. I bet its still there too. It took 20 minutes to rip all the emiisions stuff off the 1200 when i got home that night.

lostforawhile
01-21-2010, 06:03 AM
typically im in there for standard maintence items. Gaskets, oil seals, belts, filters. i bought a complete cutch service kit. Only costs 360 my price for the pressure plate, throw out bearing and disc. Took 3 days to get them cali but I was glad they were still available. There are quite a few cool parts no longer available Ive asked for recently.

off black sei coupe carpet for the cabin. $780 no long stocked
Black carpet for the 88 dx hatchback $780 no longer stocked
I did ask for an oem air pump for my 1978 civic 1200 once. only $1500 and they luckily had one left in stock. I bet its still there too. It took 20 minutes to rip all the emiisions stuff off the 1200 when i got home that night.

of course they don't stock carpet, you can get that plenty of places aftermarket. a lot of the old dealers can get stuff Honda claims is no longer available, I know someone who just found factory parts for a 600. check thisoldhonda.org a lot of people there know where to get parts

wprocomp
01-23-2010, 03:31 PM
working at a honda dealership myself i can tell you there is plenty still available,but the parts are getting discontinued slowly

jpetrovic
01-23-2010, 04:39 PM
( majestic honda ) i've gotten a few things from here... basicly dealer prices. but its OEM.