PDA

View Full Version : Big Flippin' Meet, Raleigh NC, May 20 - May 23

Pages : [1] 2 3

2drSE-i
01-20-2010, 09:37 PM
Hey guys! We are organizing a multi-forum Honda meet for the bastard-children of the Import World, Those of us with the "unsightly flippy headlights"
All Classic Hondas are MORE than welcome, as well as serious enthusiasts! Anyone who can appreciate the design of a well made car is invited!
http://www.joeydesignsstuff.com/stuff/flip1.jpg
Who?
Your average Honda Enthusiast, especially those who sport:
Accords! (86-89)
Integras! (86-89)
Preludes! (84-91)
All Classic Hondas are MORE than welcome, Please bring whatever you've got!
When?
May 20th - May 23rd. Thats Thursday through Sunday

Where?
Raleigh, North Carolina. There are literally a dozen hotels in the northern beltline of Raleigh. Id like to stick to two major areas:
Hotel Info
The prices reflect average $Price (Rating)
Wake Forest Rd Area:
Days Inn Raleigh North Beltline: $47 (3.7 out of 5)
Residence Inn Raleigh Midtown: $79 (4.5 out of 5)
Hyatt Place Raleigh North: $85 (4.5 out of 5)
Hilton North Raleigh: $99 (4.5 out of 5)
Extended Stay America Raleigh $50 (3.9 out of 5)
Homestead Raleigh - North $55 (3.7 out of 5)

Capitol Blvd Area (State Highway 401):
Holiday Inn North - Raleigh $91 (2.5 out of 5, Limited Reviews)
Quality Inn North - Raleigh $55 (3.5 out of 5)
EconoLodge Raleigh $59 (3.1 out of 5)
Homestead Raleigh Northeast $63 (3.3 out of 5)
Sleep Inn Raleigh $70 (2 out of 5, Limited Reviews)
Wingate by Wyndham $60 (4.4 out of 5)
Super 8 Motel $51 (2 out of 5, Limited Reviews)

I know a lot of these are semi-expensive, but honestly they are the closest group of inexpensive hotels available. I for one am either staying at the wingate or the days inn, depending on my research of reviews
Camping

A few people have expressed interest in camping, to save some money. William B. Umstead National Park has campsites available.

Facility: Tent and Trailer Campground. 28 drive-to campsites for tents and a limited number of sites for small recreational vehicles. There are no electrical/water hookups. Each campsite has a picnic table and grill.
Accommodates: Two tents, two vehicles and up to six people per campsite.
Nearby Amenities: Drinking water and restrooms with showers.
Available: March 15 to December 15.
Reservations Required: Reservations are strongly advised. Any unreserved sites are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Drive-to / Walk-in Camping (no electrical / water hookups):

(Water, restrooms and shower facilities.)
Picnic table and grill on campsite --- $18/day
Senior citizen (62 or older) --- $13/day

To reserve a campsite: (919) 733-4181
Activities?

Thursday: Arrival, Check in around the afternoon. Then, its off to the Dunn-Benson Dragstrip for $5 Test and Tune Night. Its $5 to enter, and $5 to run. Should be a lot of fun.
Dunn-Benson Dragstrip (http://dunnbensondragstrip.com/)
Directions, It takes about an hour. (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=2610+Westinghouse+Boulevard,+Raleigh,+NC+276 04+(Wingate+by+Wyndham)&daddr=dunn-benson+drag+strip&hl=en&geocode=CU__CUyD46QeFReDIgIdx7NQ-yF2KYtMpWahNin3h2-IMFmsiTEgaEqdWhBu4w%3BFSQSGwId7NFR-ymFIcO0p4eriTFyDGenDnmSYQ&mra=pe&mrcr=0&sll=35.612651,-78.571472&sspn=1.18789,1.766052&ie=UTF8&z=10l)
Friday: Adventure Land Raleigh! Its kind of a little kids park, but for $35 we get four hours of unlimited Go-Karting, Mini-golf, and Laser tag! For the rest of the day, enjoy shopping in Raleigh, or go out with the boys for drinks! Tons of nightlife to enjoy!
Adventure Landing (http://www.adventurelanding.com/raleigh/index.html)
Directions (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=2610+Westinghouse+Boulevard,+Raleigh,+NC+276 04+(Wingate+by+Wyndham)&daddr=adventure+landing+raleigh&hl=en&geocode=FReDIgIdx7NQ-yF2KYtMpWahNin3h2-IMFmsiTEgaEqdWhBu4w%3B&mra=ls&sll=35.57192,-78.563655&sspn=0.594247,0.883026&ie=UTF8&z=15l)
As for bars (for those of us that are old enough) Hi5 is supposed to be awesome. Free before 10pm, $10 after, their whole menu is $5 (food) and a HUGE variety of beer.(as in 200+ beers)
Directions (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=2610+Westinghouse+Boulevard,+Raleigh,+NC+276 04+(Wingate+by+Wyndham)&daddr=510+Glenwood+Avenue,+Raleigh,+NC+27603+(Hi+5 )&hl=en&geocode=CU__CUyD46QeFReDIgIdx7NQ-yF2KYtMpWahNin3h2-IMFmsiTEgaEqdWhBu4w%3BFUoQIgIde_JP-yEYusR2UM_RpClTKb60Z1-siTH5lJFF-gt83Q&mra=pe&mrcr=0&sll=35.803058,-78.720493&sspn=0.309631,0.441513&ie=UTF8&z=14)
Saturday: OMGWTFBBQFTW! We will spend a day at the park, BBQing, Photoshooting, BSing, and just hanging out! Location, TBA, feel free to shoot me any ideas.
(NO drinking and driving will be permitted/allowed/understood)
Alright, we have decided on a park! We will be picnicking at William B. Umstead National Park in Raleigh. Click below for directions
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_z3UepmbX5NE/S57avIdTs5I/AAAAAAAAAw8/sLjJSOlHcHc/s800/Umstead%20pic.jpg
(http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=3201+Old+Wake+Forest+Road,+Raleigh,+NC+27609 +(Days+Inn+Raleigh)&daddr=N+Harrison+Ave+to:35.835141,-78.759956&geocode=FT7kIgId9HpQ-yFRj8J0BGJbSCm3WqefAlmsiTHVWqbAh2TYGw%3BFRzOIgIdQj hO-w%3B&hl=en&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=2&sz=14&via=1&sll=35.827417,-78.763905&sspn=0.038692,0.055189&ie=UTF8&ll=35.83208,-78.625803&spn=0.03869,0.055189&t=h&z=14&lci=com.panoramio.all)
THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO DRINKING/ALCOHOL ALLOWED IN THE PARK. Please don't get us kicked out, we will drink at the hotels I'm SURE
Pets are welcome, just have to be leashed.
For the shelter, three of us from 3geez have agreed to pay for it. Food will be provided as well, but we will be MORE THAN HAPPY to accept donations :-)
Sunday: Pack-up, Get ready for checkout, and say good-bye.... Breakfast/Lunch will be had, so don't just leave!

What Should I Bring?
Your car (duh), your friends, your wives, kids, dogs, whoever and whatever you want. Nothing illicit, but we are going to have FUN! If you bring your 2nd/3rd Gen Prelude, 3rd Gen Accord, or 1st Gen Integra, GREAT! If not, we are enthusiasts, we understand downtime, just bring whatever it takes to get you here!

Lets get a chain going, to see how many people are wanting to attend. Please also note if you were interested in Adventure Land, so I can give them a heads up on how many of us will be going.

So just post up if you have questions, comments, or add yourself to the list!
The form Will be

# Name (Forum) (Maybe/Coming)

2DrSE-i (3geez) (Coming)
Guaynabo (3geez) (Coming)
Stat1k (3geez) (Coming)
Mushroom_toy (3geez) (Coming)
RobT5580 (3geez) (Coming)
TDurr (3geez) (Coming)
88LXI68 (3geez) (Coming)
Joay (3geez) (Coming)
roodoo2 (3geez) (Maybe)
dacantu (3geez) (Coming)
military_mase (3geez) (Coming)
labeledsk8er (3geez) (Maybe)
gtmst3 (3geez) (Maybe)
FAYDOGG1988 (3geez) (Coming)
F/D's friend (3geez) (Coming)
F/D's friend (3geez) (Coming)
headbanger (3geez) (Coming)
stephensimmons (3geez) (Coming)
Invader Trax (g1Teg) (Maybe)
jotcrx (g1Teg) (Maybe)
Tony85 (g1Teg) (Maybe)
86accord (Prelude Power) (Maybe)
mackie (PreludePower) (Coming)
onebad87lude (PreludePower) (Maybe)
Bx Kidd (PreludePower) (Coming)
NegativeXero (PreludePower) (Coming)
afesposi (PreludePower) (Coming)
XGRaViSmOrSX (PreludePower) (Maybe)
netzyo98 (PreludePower) (Maybe)
jdm89ludesi (PreludePower) (Maybe)
Vmo (PreludePower) (Coming)
Trip (PreludePower) (Coming)
kaymo (RedPepperRacing) (Maybe)
kedwards (RedPepperRacing) (Coming)
simplyhonda (RedPepperRacing) (Coming)
93hpcrx (RedPepperRacing) (Maybe)
OGWagon (RedPepperRacing) (Coming)
BigOrange (RedPepperRacing) (Maybe)
bigallstar (Honda-Tech) (Coming)
speedfoos (OneCamOnly) (Coming)
02type-sk20 (CarolinaHondas) (Coming)
91CivicEF (CarolinaHondas) (Coming)
Pete (CarolinaHondas) (Coming)
IanGrimmy (CarolinaHondas) (Coming)
650hpCRX (CarolinaHondas) (Maybe)
ls/lownslow (CaronlinaHondas (Coming)
daf (CarolinaHondas) (Maybe)
cooperster08 (CarolinaHondas) (Coming)
DOHCivic (CarolinaHondas) (Coming)

Total Coming - 33!
Total Maybe - 16

I added you if i think there was a chance you were coming. If you'd like to be taken off the list, just let me know. If you are coming, shoot me a PM and I'll send you my cell phone number, feel free to text (not call) me for info. I'm trying to be as diligent as I possibly can with this to stay organized, if I miss you I do apologize.

This is posted on:
3geez.com (http://www.3geez.com/forum/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=71644)
Honda-Tech.com(Classic Hondas Section) (http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2714199)
Prelude Power (http://preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=326314)
g1Teg.org (http://www.g1teg.org/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=35992)
RedPepperRacing.com (http://www.redpepperracing.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46732)
OneCamOnly.com (http://www.onecamonly.com/shows-events/3722-big-flippin-meet-raleigh-nc-may-20-may-23-a.html)
Carolina Hondas (http://www.carolinahondas.com/events-get-togethers/97093-big-flippin-meet-raleigh-nc-may-20-may-23-a.html)

Updated 1-21 for new hotel info. Also updated direction links.
Updated 1-25 for park info, camping info, updated attendance list.
Updated 2-01 for attendance list
Updated 2-08 for attendance list
Updated 2-15 for attendance list
Updated 2-23 for attendance and nightlife
Updated 3-03 for attendance
Updated 3-15 for attendance, Park info
Updated 3-31 for attendance

mushroom_toy
01-20-2010, 10:43 PM
Woohoo :beer:

stephensimmons
01-21-2010, 04:42 AM
Do you have an adress on where its going to be at in Raleigh? I will be there IF i get my transmission in in time for it i jus lost fifth gear last week :rant: an my head lights for some reason wouldnt come on last nite :confused:

stat1K
01-21-2010, 08:32 AM
^ fifth is a common problem, if you want to drive i know the junkyards in both pullaparts up here have quite a few 3g's you can check there inventory online, just google pull-a-part and they have one in charlotte and one in winston salem.

where at in SC are you stephen?

stephensimmons
01-21-2010, 08:59 AM
Ok thanks! i also got a buddy of mine in daytona beach fl that has one for me i jus gota find time to stop by to pick it up:cool: but ima need a spare one also.

Im near charleston sc.

2drSE-i
01-21-2010, 09:00 AM
We've changed directions a bit on hotels. We found a couple of clusters of hotels that are a little more cost effective. There are two main areas, around 5 mins apart. This info is taken from Expedia. Both are in the north beltline of Raleigh, Along I-440

The prices reflect average $Price (Rating)
Wake Forest Rd Area:
Days Inn Raleigh North Beltline: $47 (3.7 out of 5)
Residence Inn Raleigh Midtown: $79 (4.5 out of 5)
Hyatt Place Raleigh North: $85 (4.5 out of 5)
Hilton North Raleigh: $99 (4.5 out of 5)
Extended Stay America Raleigh $50 (3.9 out of 5)
Homestead Raleigh - North $55 (3.7 out of 5)

Capitol Blvd Area (State Highway 401):
Holiday Inn North - Raleigh $91 (2.5 out of 5, Limited Reviews)
Quality Inn North - Raleigh $55 (3.5 out of 5)
EconoLodge Raleigh $59 (3.1 out of 5)
Homestead Raleigh Northeast $63 (3.3 out of 5)
Sleep Inn Raleigh $70 (2 out of 5, Limited Reviews)
Wingate by Wyndham $60 (4.4 out of 5)
Super 8 Motel $51 (2 out of 5, Limited Reviews)

I know a lot of these are semi-expensive, but honestly they are the closest group of inexpensive hotels available. I for one am either staying at the wingate or the days inn, depending on my research of reviews.

stephensimmons
01-21-2010, 09:09 AM
Ok thanx! Now i jus gota get some time to fix my car between work an this weather

stat1K
01-21-2010, 09:13 AM
i know F rain!

I just ordered some parts for my civic today, should get em in a few days hopefully i can get some work in between down poors lol.

stephensimmons
01-21-2010, 09:24 AM
tell me bout it! dont wana misuse this thread so my email is [email protected] if you have any ? or if you think i can help you with anything. what part of nc are you from?

guaynabo89
01-21-2010, 10:36 AM
Adam and I spent over 3 hours comparing rates on hotel stays and general discussion so this is as good as we could do. :)

anything cheaper then say days inn super8 will most likely be an extreme dump.

not to mention there is enough variaty that one can choose from a 47-55 dollar a night hotel and up to 75+. A good average price is about 60-65 a night. If some of you don't mind sharing a room and splitting costs then it will come very cheap depending how many people you stuff in a room. (right Tim)

keeping in this general area will let us group quickly if there's changes or we just all want to go out to eat dinner etc. :D

how does that sound to everyone? Feel free to discuss.

stat1K
01-21-2010, 12:21 PM
i'm not sure if i'll be staying the whole weekend or just coming out for one of the days, or staying for one night etc etc... i'm probably gonna see about getting the week off before hand as to not have any issues with the car.

i feel the hotel price range is pretty normal not too bad. the days inn is never terrible, i stayed in one in whittier, ca before that was only 40 dollars a night and it was right next to the bario. mariachi music is fun to wake up too. but raleigh doesn't really have any place like that as far as i'm aware of.

i'll ask around and see if some people i know think that's a good area or not.

problem in NC is you can't judge some place just by how it looks, i know some of the nicest LOOKING areas to be some of the worst places to live haha.

88LXi68
01-21-2010, 08:52 PM
what has the reception been on the other boards?

2drSE-i
01-21-2010, 09:34 PM
what has the reception been on the other boards?

Honestly, very limited. PreludePower has a big giant east coast meet (talking 100+ cars...) like two weeks after ours. g1teg.org is very quiet anyway, i've literally had 2 replies on g1teg, both saying they might come for a day or two, a few replies on pp, amounting to two people saying they might come, and 4 maybes on H-t. Its still a bit early, so i'm not too worried. I'm still waiting on admin approval on redpepperracing so i can post.

guaynabo89
01-22-2010, 03:24 AM
I think we need a sticky here and a mass email to all members here on 3geez, plus a mention on the flipped lid newsletter for the next couple of months. ;)

I hope that guy with the NSX and 1G hatch Accord makes it. That'll bring back memories for me. :)

2oodoor
01-22-2010, 05:02 AM
I guess I am afraid of commitment? SEi?

did you street view those areas to make sure there are not abandon stores and graffiti strawn about?

2drSE-i
01-22-2010, 06:45 AM
Just did. They actually appear to be really nice areas. As stat1k said though, looks can be deceiving.

mushroom_toy
01-22-2010, 08:19 AM
Actually I would like abandon stores and possible graffiti makes a good backdrop for photos...and im gonna be carrying up there anyway so not too worried about anything happening to us, Im glad we picked NC they honor our Gfl. :)

Joay
01-22-2010, 08:25 AM
You're packing heat? :lol: That's awesome.

88LXi68
01-22-2010, 10:40 AM
the wheel whore may strike again. I found a set that have my interest...now if I could only find a way to purchase them without selling my current set of wheels.

dacantu
01-22-2010, 11:24 AM
ill be coming through in my new 94 integra RS. I dont want to drive the 3gee all the way out there.

*im a jobless college student that has no responsibilities. lol so taking a week off for during the summer is a piece of cake for me. lol

2drSE-i
01-22-2010, 11:41 AM
the wheel whore may strike again. I found a set that have my interest...now if I could only find a way to purchase them without selling my current set of wheels.

Amy will be happy. She absolutely HATES 3/4 spoke rims. I for one liked them, but ladies have their opinions too (posted after getting smacked :lol:)

mushroom_toy
01-22-2010, 02:24 PM
You're packing heat? :lol: That's awesome.

Yeah man I carry just about everywhere, you never know if youll be in a situation. Id rather be safe than sorry. :)

stat1K
01-22-2010, 03:00 PM
ill be coming through in my new 94 integra RS. I dont want to drive the 3gee all the way out there.

*im a jobless college student that has no responsibilities. lol so taking a week off for during the summer is a piece of cake for me. lol

OMG Do it! you can see my car that me and angus built.

dacantu
01-23-2010, 11:13 PM
OMG Do it! you can see my car that me and angus built.

what car is that? the civic?

stat1K
01-24-2010, 06:04 PM
yep... i just need to stop being lazy and finish my interior :(

mushroom_toy
01-25-2010, 12:46 AM
I picked up something to help with my upcoming mods for the trip.....go look in my thread. :D

dacantu
01-25-2010, 08:28 AM
yep... i just need to stop being lazy and finish my interior :(

well get on that. i always thought it was just a daily i didnt know it was built! pics of it on azht? ill search

stat1K
01-25-2010, 11:34 AM
nope i don't post things on azht or carolinahondas, too much theft, it's not really "built" but i've done SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much work to it it's ridiculous. from replacement stuff to performance stuff, to random stuff.

2drSE-i
01-25-2010, 04:03 PM
Updated Park Info!
Alright, we have decided on a park! We will be picnicking at William B. Umstead National Park in Raleigh. We will be reserving a shelter, just in case of rain or whatever else, enough for 50 people or so. I intend on getting a specific shelter, closer to our hotels, but it might not happen that way. We'll just play it by ear. Heres directions anyway:
Directions (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=2610+Westinghouse+Boulevard,+Raleigh,+NC+276 04+(Wingate+by+Wyndham)&daddr=35.832984,-78.759098&hl=en&geocode=FReDIgIdx7NQ-yF2KYtMpWahNin3h2-IMFmsiTEgaEqdWhBu4w%3B&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=13&sll=35.831871,-78.746052&sspn=0.07404,0.110378&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=13)

For the shelter, Myself and another member have agreed to putting up $40 of the reservation fee, anyone or ones want to donate to the fund? If not, not a big deal.
Camping

A few people have expressed interest in camping, to save some money. William B. Umstead National Park has campsites available.

Facility: Tent and Trailer Campground. 28 drive-to campsites for tents and a limited number of sites for small recreational vehicles. There are no electrical/water hookups. Each campsite has a picnic table and grill.
Accommodates: Two tents, two vehicles and up to six people per campsite.
Nearby Amenities: Drinking water and restrooms with showers.
Available: March 15 to December 15.
Reservations Required: Reservations are strongly advised. Any unreserved sites are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Drive-to / Walk-in Camping (no electrical / water hookups):

(Water, restrooms and shower facilities.)
Picnic table and grill on campsite --- $18/day
Senior citizen (62 or older) --- $13/day

To reserve a campsite: (919) 733-4181

1. 2DrSE-i (3geez) (Coming) (Yes)
2. Guaynabo (3geez) (Coming)
3. Stat1k (3geez) (Coming)
4. Mushroom_toy (3geez) (Coming)
5. RobT5580 (3geez) (Coming)
6. TDurr (3geez) (Coming)
7. 88LXI68 (3geez) (Coming)
8. Joay (3geez) (Coming)
9. Invader Trax (g1Teg) (Maybe)
10. jotcrx (g1Teg) (Maybe)
11. 86accord (Prelude Power) (Maybe)
12. roodoo2 (3geez) (Maybe)
13. dacantu (3geez) (Coming)
14. kaymo (RedPepperRacing) (Maybe)
15. kedwards (RedPepperRacing) (Maybe)

I added you if i think there was a chance you were coming. If you'd like to be taken off the list, just let me know. If you are coming, shoot me a PM and I'll send you my cell phone number, feel free to text (not call) me for info. I'm trying to be as diligent as I possibly can with this to stay organized, if I miss you I do apologize.

This is posted on:
3geez.com (http://www.3geez.com/forum/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=71644)
Honda-Tech.com(Classic Hondas Section) (http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2714199)
Prelude Power (http://preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=326314)
g1Teg.org (http://www.g1teg.org/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=35992)
RedPepperRacing.com (http://www.redpepperracing.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46732)
onecamonly.com (http://www.onecamonly.com)

Also Updated the top

gp02a0083
01-25-2010, 08:21 PM
im working on going for this one now

russiankid
01-26-2010, 08:04 AM
Maybe. I don't think I will be in the 3gee though because I am thinking of attending this on my road trip down south which would be in the BMW.

mushroom_toy
01-26-2010, 02:14 PM
^Big fail.

stat1K
01-26-2010, 03:08 PM
seriously who takes a road trip to the god forsaken south? unless you're going to like the florida beach i don't see a point?

mushroom_toy
01-26-2010, 04:29 PM
seriously who takes a road trip to the god forsaken south? unless you're going to like the florida beach i don't see a point?

Ga > Nc

:lol:

stat1K
01-26-2010, 04:50 PM
please, is there a good state in the south?

i've heard atl is cool, but all i know is i come from the west where people aren't overtly racist and yet here i've heard someone say the N word almost once a week, this is white people too not black people, kind of jarring.

russiankid
01-26-2010, 05:05 PM
I have family and friends down south.

guaynabo89
01-26-2010, 06:33 PM
< Misses the northeast :(

Joay
01-26-2010, 06:41 PM
I bet your floor pan, rockers and quarter panels don't. :)
Winter is lame.

guaynabo89
01-26-2010, 06:49 PM
it sat in the garage. :D

back on topic.....

I'm looking to reserve a room in the upcoming weeks, so yall better start planning.

whoever doesn't show is gonna get banned for life!

lol

not really, but I hope to see alot of you guys there.

2drSE-i
01-26-2010, 09:42 PM
You will be banned in my heart :lol:

Yeah the first time i went to Tennessee and heard people (white people) saying the N word in public i was like WTF!?

mushroom_toy
01-26-2010, 10:00 PM
^ You people dont get out much haha lol. Technically it doesnt matter because were all minorities now. :)

stat1K
01-27-2010, 12:09 PM
well it does matter, and i do get out quite a bit, just not in places where the civil war apparently never ended...

i don't go out much here because of the general disconnect from my ideas and theirs so until i find like minded people i'm unfortunately doomed to working on my car alone, replacing the steering rack was fun by myself :)

i feel that if the people who have said they are coming don't show up we should ban them too... :) better change me to a mabye, hahahahahhahahaha i kill me.

but really, i'm going to get some blue tape before i come and tape of statiK in huge letters on the sides of my car :) i may have my personalized plate by then anyway haha.

guaynabo89
01-27-2010, 12:11 PM
just get someone to make us flags that you put in the top of the window saying the flippin meet. That way we'll know who you is.

stat1K
01-27-2010, 01:01 PM
oh snaps, how bout shirts with names on them and the old school band tour style.

haha, BIG FLIPPIN MEET '10

statiK

then the site logos and shit kinda like the flyer... that would be sick!

too bad we don't have a silkscreen hookup on here somewhere, i'd really like a 3geez shirt that has the 3geez.com logo on the front, then on the back some of my quotes HAHA, oh man, i'm gonna do it!

guaynabo89
01-27-2010, 01:13 PM
ok I want mine with the 3geez logo in the front and really big across the back shoulders "guaynabo89"

lol

Joay
01-27-2010, 02:56 PM
oh snaps, how bout shirts with names on them and the old school band tour style.

haha, BIG FLIPPIN MEET '10

statiK

then the site logos and shit kinda like the flyer... that would be sick!

too bad we don't have a silkscreen hookup on here somewhere, i'd really like a 3geez shirt that has the 3geez.com logo on the front, then on the back some of my quotes HAHA, oh man, i'm gonna do it!
You don't remember last summer when I made these?

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee1/turabaka/4258463602_42287f9699_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2591/4105359326_45d26032c1.jpg

My dad does screen printing.

guaynabo89
01-27-2010, 03:03 PM
things that make me go hmmmmmmm

mushroom_toy
01-27-2010, 03:08 PM
I like those shirts....:)

Joay
01-27-2010, 04:16 PM
Little OT but we still have the screens, they aren't like a one-time thing.
And if it wasn't clear I would be happy to harass my father into making some for the meet. :)

guaynabo89
01-27-2010, 04:44 PM
That's cool. How much would they be?

Could he add some small words ala user name?

mushroom_toy
01-27-2010, 05:55 PM
Harass away....just give us a price estimate. :) ...I wear a sm-md.

2drSE-i
01-27-2010, 06:09 PM
That's cool. How much would they be?

Could he add some small words ala user name?

Or we could just buy some shirts and some name tags :kekeke:

Joay
01-27-2010, 06:10 PM
Just called him, we can do them for $19 shipping included. If you guys are cool with that I will get my Illustrator.exe on.
The name thing would be a huge PITA since each one constitutes another screen, but we can do the 3GEEZ.com on the back like we did for the other shirts.

2drSE-i
01-27-2010, 06:15 PM
These are the valve cover shirts? That sounds great man.

stat1K
01-27-2010, 07:06 PM
i want one of my sig quotes that cubert has rocked as the back of my shirt like,

i come here, read things, punch infants and then die a little inside.

stat1K
01-27-2010, 07:07 PM
lol i know what a pain it is to screen print, you'd have to make a new screen for my quote etc etc... i would like a valve cover shirt, what colors / valve colors are available? or is this strictly a single color mass production deal?

cubert
01-27-2010, 08:04 PM
If there was a punch infant shirt id get one in a heartbeat :lol:

mushroom_toy
01-27-2010, 10:11 PM
Eh ill pass lol. Im cheaper than dirt.

neurohondamosis
01-27-2010, 10:28 PM
Hey man, I am moving to lake norman NC jan 30th how close is this meet to me?

stat1K
01-28-2010, 04:40 AM
about 2.5 hours.

Civic Accord Honda
01-28-2010, 05:04 AM
i want one of my sig quotes that cubert has rocked as the back of my shirt like,

omg that would be epic!!!
i'd buy a sticker that says that :lol:

Joay
01-28-2010, 06:10 AM
lol i know what a pain it is to screen print, you'd have to make a new screen for my quote etc etc... i would like a valve cover shirt, what colors / valve colors are available? or is this strictly a single color mass production deal?
Black on white and white on black; both of the ones Turabaka and itzdave were wearing. And we can print them anytime, we have some laying around still I think.

stat1K
01-28-2010, 06:39 AM
Dang, i wanted a pink so bad :(

stat1K
01-28-2010, 06:39 AM
omg that would be epic!!!
i'd buy a sticker that says that :lol:

Gonna have to make you one now, lol, i'll hit up adrian :)

guaynabo89
01-28-2010, 07:53 AM
Black on white and white on black; both of the ones Turabaka and itzdave were wearing. And we can print them anytime, we have some laying around still I think.

say I wanted more than one, would it be less per shirt if you just brought them to the meet? (save shipping?)

Joay
01-28-2010, 07:59 AM
Dang, i wanted a pink so bad :(
For you, I'll go get a pink one if you really want it. :)

say I wanted more than one, would it be less per shirt if you just brought them to the meet? (save shipping?)
Probably, shipping is usually like $4-5 but I'll call my dad later and ask.

stat1K
01-28-2010, 08:26 AM
if you could make me a pink shirt with the black valve cover or vise versa i would paypal you the money NOW!

so either pink shirt with black vc, or black shirt with pink vc, i'd assume getting the pink shirt would be easier than a pink screening? not sure if you guys had the color in stock or not, probably don't get a lot of requests for pink screens lol. let me know though i'm definitely serious.

Joay
01-28-2010, 10:11 AM
Oh I guarantee he has pink ink, he's got 30+ years of screen printing crap sitting around. When I talk to him tonight I'll bring it up.

stat1K
01-28-2010, 11:54 AM
kk i'd prefer black with pink cover! i'd probably get 2 :)

let me know what the price would be and if he could do it anytime soon, i want to wear it TO the meet, but i'd also like to wear it now lol.

Civic Accord Honda
01-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Gonna have to make you one now, lol, i'll hit up adrian :)

i thought he stopped making them? god i want a pink one so bad LOL 3GEEZ.COM then with that epic quote.. pure win

88LXi68
01-28-2010, 09:16 PM
hmmm...I want a shirt but I don't have the A20. Can you do anything special for me?

Vinny
01-28-2010, 09:32 PM
hmmm...I want a shirt but I don't have the A20. Can you do anything special for me?

How bout a pink adidas shirt? That way it matches your camera, your shoes and your bag ;)

I cant believe I'm gonna miss this one

guaynabo89
01-29-2010, 03:59 AM
I told ya Vin.... Fly to OIA and drive up with me. ;)

and unless your planning on buying the pink toolbag and sandals for Steve it won't match very well. Lol

oh and Steve you should get it anyway, cause if you don't open your hood then you can fool em with your shirt. :lol:

labeledsk8r
01-29-2010, 04:02 AM
id be interested to go, but i dont own a fliped headlight car anymore, plus i dunno if the accord is up to that kind of trip oh well

guaynabo89
01-29-2010, 04:06 AM
bring whatever you want. As long as your coming to havefun, the more the merrier. :D

labeledsk8r
01-29-2010, 04:14 AM
bring whatever you want. As long as your coming to havefun, the more the merrier. :D

im guessing you allready checked out the drive details, how long is the trip from orlando?

guaynabo89
01-29-2010, 04:25 AM
it's just over 11 hrs.

google says it's 11:10 or so.

well for me at least.

for uou it probably be more like 9 and a half

Joay
01-29-2010, 06:40 AM
What did you have in mind?

i thought he stopped making them? god i want a pink one so bad LOL 3GEEZ.COM then with that epic quote.. pure win
Can has vinyl cutter...

http://www.designbyjoey.com/ca6/3geezez.jpg

88LXi68
01-29-2010, 09:56 AM
How bout a pink adidas shirt? That way it matches your camera, your shoes and your bag ;)

I cant believe I'm gonna miss this one

I told ya Vin.... Fly to OIA and drive up with me. ;)

and unless your planning on buying the pink toolbag and sandals for Steve it won't match very well. Lol

oh and Steve you should get it anyway, cause if you don't open your hood then you can fool em with your shirt. :lol:

hate both of you

What did you have in mind?

I like the middle one...the a20 valve cover is fine. I wasn't really serious. thanks though!

2drSE-i
01-29-2010, 03:47 PM
LOL you guys know steve is gonna show up in ALL pink thursday night right?

Tdurr
01-30-2010, 12:35 PM
lulz @ this thread. and all the pink talk.

guaynabo89
01-30-2010, 01:04 PM
don't hate. I'll get you some pink flipflops so you can join in the fun.

2drSE-i
01-30-2010, 01:06 PM
I was at old navy earlier today, knew i shouldve bought like 10 pairs of pink flip flops for everyone.

guaynabo89
01-30-2010, 01:10 PM
then tim will have an excuse. He can say he's just supporting breast cancer awareness. (hiding the true meaning) lol

Civic Accord Honda
01-30-2010, 07:03 PM
Can has vinyl cutter...

sooo want
http://i46.tinypic.com/mb09yx.jpg

stat1K
01-30-2010, 08:36 PM
me too!

labeledsk8r
01-30-2010, 09:03 PM
i would rock that sticker aswell lol, joay make it happen man lol

as for comeing ima have to see what funds are like closer to the date but its looking like a no

ShyBoyCA6
01-30-2010, 10:13 PM
sooo want
http://i46.tinypic.com/mb09yx.jpgi would sport it too sign me up for one in pink

stat1K
01-31-2010, 09:27 AM
uh yeah, or not.

guaynabo89
01-31-2010, 03:35 PM
no pink!

Joay
01-31-2010, 09:50 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/mb09yx.jpg
Holy crap that would be impossible to cut.
Unless you want it like two feet long. :naughty:

The verdict is $15 for me to hand-deliver them, multiple shirts are the same.

if you could make me a pink shirt with the black valve cover or vise versa i would paypal you the money NOW!

so either pink shirt with black vc, or black shirt with pink vc, i'd assume getting the pink shirt would be easier than a pink screening? not sure if you guys had the color in stock or not, probably don't get a lot of requests for pink screens lol. let me know though i'm definitely serious.
Dad has pink ink so pink-on-black is doable, whenever you want them.

guaynabo89
02-01-2010, 03:55 AM
ok thank you.

how much of a lead time do you need before the meet?
payment would be made how?

mushroom_toy
02-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Ok thats better ill pay 15 lol. I want a black shirt with white vc. Are yalls shirts 100% cotton...dont know whether to get a sm or md.

2drSE-i
02-01-2010, 01:52 PM
8. Joay (3geez) (Coming)
16. labeledsk8er (3geez) (Maybe)
17. mackie (preludepower) (Maybe)
18. simplyhonda (RedPepperRacing) (Coming)

Just our weekly (on topic) bump. Updated list at top as well.

stat1K
02-01-2010, 01:54 PM
^ had same questions about LG Vs Medium, he told me they use hanes beefy t's and this is the size chart...

http://beefyts.com/Size_Chart_Hanes_Beefy_T_Shirts.jpg

i probably wear a medium and i'm 6' 165ish...

Civic Accord Honda
02-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Holy crap that would be impossible to cut.
Unless you want it like two feet long. :naughty:

hahah well in a easier font text of course, that was just a basic one from ms paint lol, but basically just like the one that says 3rd generation performance but those words instead lol would be awesome!

stat1K
02-01-2010, 05:07 PM
hahah well in a easier font text of course, that was just a basic one from ms paint lol, but basically just like the one that says 3rd generation performance but those words instead lol would be awesome!

yeah but he can only do it if i get to approve who gets one.

Civic Accord Honda
02-01-2010, 05:33 PM

true. sounds like a good idea, and I'm on that list right? :D

stat1K
02-02-2010, 08:11 AM
only if you fix your sig quote like i told you, since it still has grammatical errors.

labeledsk8r
02-02-2010, 08:23 AM

im definitely not on that list lol

stat1K
02-02-2010, 09:05 AM
more on it than others trust me.

Civic Accord Honda
02-02-2010, 04:12 PM
only if you fix your sig quote like i told you, since it still has grammatical errors.

haha i don't remember you telling me about the sig, :lol: maybe i had my drink on at the time , lol. Where are theses errors? ill fix it as i too hate reading bad grammar, I'm just not good at writing it LOL

2drSE-i
02-02-2010, 07:37 PM
No need to capitalize after commas, nor space before them. Other than that it looks good to me.

SZfiftyfour
02-02-2010, 09:05 PM
This is how I would write it, but I could be wrong too lol.
As I read through these forums of asshats, I shall not fear stupidity. For I know that I am smarter than thou, and that my brain shall not be influenced by the stupidity that I should read. For I shall rage at the stupid ones and fight through the asshats; and in the end, shall be the last survivor.

stat1K
02-03-2010, 07:48 AM
^shword?

SZfiftyfour
02-03-2010, 09:19 AM
shya rly

guaynabo89
02-03-2010, 09:20 AM
so yall looking at hotel stays yet?

stat1K
02-03-2010, 10:59 AM
still not sure if i'm gonna stay multiple days or just come for one of them, i would like to do multiple but who knows, it's still 3 and a half months away right?

mushroom_toy
02-03-2010, 11:47 AM
^same here

guaynabo89
02-03-2010, 12:35 PM
true, but you can't expect to book a hotel room the week before either.

if things go wrong and the prices get high you'll probably get screwed pricewise

mushroom_toy
02-03-2010, 02:19 PM
true, but you can't expect to book a hotel room the week before either.

if things go wrong and the prices get high you'll probably get screwed pricewise

Im planning on sleeping on someones floor....or in the woods haha. i dont really care, but since I wont know about the job I applied for until around the time of the trip I wont know whether Ill be able to come either 1 day or all 4.

stat1K
02-04-2010, 06:53 AM
what we should totally camp where we are gonna have the park meet, is camping allowed in that park? i'm gonna look, that would be sick, if that was the case i may drive my fit instead of the civic lol my fit can FIT a lot of shit. hey that rhymed.

guaynabo89
02-04-2010, 06:59 AM
yup camping is allowed.

I'm pretty sure it's in the first post. Something like 13 dollars a day.

being moist at night and sleeping on lumpy grounds not for me. If you do camp out I'm pretty sure we'll hear the stories when the time comes. Lol

stat1K
02-04-2010, 07:01 AM
yeah, who wants to sleep in my tent ;)

"the bears ate everything except for these condoms...."

2drSE-i
02-04-2010, 07:02 AM
$13 a night, info is in the first post. Not a big fan of sleeping on the ground either lol.

2drSE-i
02-04-2010, 07:14 AM
^ I LOLed

at stat1k, not myself lol

stat1K
02-04-2010, 11:52 AM
sig quote? eh? eh? lol, i've said it before and i'll say it agian, i kill me.

2drSE-i
02-04-2010, 12:59 PM
i sported a classic stat1k for a bit, but i rather enjoy the subtle undertone of lying in the honda community (lol)

stat1K
02-04-2010, 01:27 PM
lol, i forgot what your old one was, i think my post was delted that said it anyway, such is life (mine at least)

headbanger
02-07-2010, 04:47 PM
coolness not to far for me to drive.

mushroom_toy
02-07-2010, 04:54 PM
Should I bring the Z?

2drSE-i
02-07-2010, 05:55 PM
Should I bring the Z?

If you can't bring the A :kekeke:

mushroom_toy
02-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Hahaha lol Z wont even be ready by then lol...the A will be there with bells on, unless I start firefighting....then I may not be able to make it.

gtmst3
02-08-2010, 01:41 PM
if you actually have a list going i might come so you could put me down as a maby

guaynabo89
02-08-2010, 01:54 PM
cool more peoples.

:D

2drSE-i
02-08-2010, 02:22 PM
cool more peoples.

:D

Haha yeah we are over 20 now. and only half are maybies :D

Again, guys, our weekly bump. Attendance updated in the first post.
8. Joay (3geez) (Coming)
17. mackie (************) (Maybe)
19. bigallstar (Honda-Tech) (Coming)
20.onebad87lude (PreludePower) (Maybe)
21. gtmst3 (3geez) (Maybe)

FAYDOGG1988
02-08-2010, 05:00 PM
Faydogg1988 (3geez)(2geez prelude)(coming)(yes)

guaynabo89
02-08-2010, 05:05 PM
alright cool.

you finish your interior and get that paint on?

FAYDOGG1988
02-08-2010, 05:37 PM
Man you wont believe it but my hatch got totalled on DEC. 1st. I was cruising on the interstate behind this utility truck and all of a sudden he swurved out the way and before i new it it was a lady parked on the interstate and it was to late for me to get over. I tore my car up. Now i have a four door 89lxi it was carb,but i swapped it to efi. I got alot done to it so far. Picking up a goldtop B20 next week hopefully. I also went to gainesville,fl two weeks ago for import face off and bought a $5.00 raffle for a garrett turbo kit and to my surprise i won it. It came with the polished wastegate and polished BOV the turbo itself i think is a 78mm cause its huge. This past weekend i picked up a 87prelude si and it runs like a champ. Ima try and bring both cars my 91 accord trans took a crap yesterday soooo other than that how are things with you.

2drSE-i
02-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Hey good to hear from you man. Sorry to hear about your car, but at least your ok. Lucky with the raffle ticket. Since my update today we've had 5 more people to add to the list.

FAYDOGG1988
02-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Thanks man and i have two other 3geezer i role wit here in atl so i think they will make it also.

mushroom_toy
02-08-2010, 05:47 PM
I hope im done with everything before the meet....if not waaaaahhh.

headbanger
02-08-2010, 05:48 PM
having my car repainted next week so I can come stripeless.lol.It will get painted same white diamond pearl.just no stripes this time.Also going to remove the door bumpers an fill in holes where they mounted an leave them off.

guaynabo89
02-08-2010, 06:30 PM
my 91 accord trans took a crap yesterday soooo other than that how are things with you.

does your 91 have sportshift auto tranny?

Doing ok just trying to keep things together and modding for more daily driver duties. lol

Sorry to hear about the accident. Hope yall came out ok though.

having my car repainted next week so I can come stripeless.lol.It will get painted same white diamond pearl.just no stripes this time.Also going to remove the door bumpers an fill in holes where they mounted an leave them off.

headbanger...should you be added to the list? :D

headbanger
02-08-2010, 07:39 PM
yes please unless engine craps out ill be there as well cant wait to see all these accords 2gether very exciting times./lol may 20 th is my birthday so thats cool.

FAYDOGG1988
02-08-2010, 08:15 PM
Its a 5speed that ran low (or out) on fluid from a leak and i ignored it too long now i gotta pay.

88LXi68
02-09-2010, 07:11 AM
Man you wont believe it but my hatch got totalled on DEC. 1st. I was cruising on the interstate behind this utility truck and all of a sudden he swurved out the way and before i new it it was a lady parked on the interstate and it was to late for me to get over. I tore my car up. Now i have a four door 89lxi it was carb,but i swapped it to efi.

WOW! hope your ok. were you able to get the suspension off the hatch before you junked it?

FAYDOGG1988
02-09-2010, 04:15 PM
Hey whats up! Ya i got everything off that would fit the four door. suspension, dash, rims, fuel line for the efi swap, gas tank, everything that wasnt damaged under the hood, carpet, rear sway bar man you name it i got it.

2drSE-i
02-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Awesome man. I'm gonna go ahead and update the list since so many have "come out of the woodwork" :D

8. Joay (3geez) (Coming)
17. mackie (PreludePower) (Maybe)
22. FAYDOGG1988 (3geez) (Coming) (AdventureLand)
23. F/D's friend (3geez) (Coming) (?)
24. F/D's friend (3geez) (Coming) (?)
25. headbanger (3geez) (Coming)
26. BigOrange (RedPepperRacing) (Maybe)
27. NegativeXero (PreludePower) (Coming)
28. speedfoos (OneCamOnly) (Coming)

We have almost reached thirty. If even half come, its a HUGE success in my book. I still need to add some guys from this forum who i've been told are coming, but i can't remember all of them off the top of my head. lol...

stat1K
02-09-2010, 05:49 PM
oh shit speedfoos is coming?!?!

2drSE-i
02-09-2010, 05:51 PM
He says he is. He's working on building a D15b so hes mostly coming to see if he can buy some parts. Your on OCO i'll let you read the details

2drSE-i
02-09-2010, 05:57 PM
Oh and I'll say it here Pat. I think a D-motor would be badass in an accord chassis. Makes nearly the same power, has WAY more aftermarket support, and gets better gas mileage. Torque suffers, yes, but its overall a better motor. Stock.

That being said, I love the A-motor. Its what i'll be sticking with, because its unique. Completely lacking in off the shelf parts, but a great platform anyway.

mushroom_toy
02-09-2010, 09:06 PM
Im praying im done by then....ill bring the fire.,....or not haha.

2drSE-i
02-10-2010, 12:37 PM
I'M SOFAKIN pissed off right now. My next door neighbor just hit my car and drove off...

cubert
02-10-2010, 12:38 PM
I'M SOFAKIN pissed off right now. My next door neighbor just hit my car and drove off...

damn..that blows. Any serious damage?

2drSE-i
02-10-2010, 12:41 PM
Big dent in the quarter panel and some serious scratching. Police report has been filed, i'll have it straightened out soon im sure.

cubert
02-10-2010, 12:44 PM
People suck, but at least you saw what happened.

On a side note you can put me down for a maybe as far as the meet goes. my tax return was more than I expected so I may be able to take some time off from work.

I refuse to come though if im still driving a stock grandpa-mobile :lol:

2drSE-i
02-10-2010, 01:05 PM
So i feel awful now...she came back 45 mins later to leave me a note. The cop doing the report is writing her a ticket i'm pretty sure. My only question is did she do the right thing because the cops showed up...

cubert
02-10-2010, 01:10 PM
So i feel awful now...she came back 45 mins later to leave me a note. The cop doing the report is writing her a ticket i'm pretty sure. My only question is did she do the right thing because the cops showed up...

Dont feel bad, why didnt she leave you a note when she did it?

Joay
02-10-2010, 02:23 PM
For real. Unless someone was about to die, she obviously knew she fucked up and drove right off anyway.

Sucks nuts about your car. :(

stat1K
02-10-2010, 02:57 PM
x3 on the lady, why leave if you're just gonna come back? 2 minutes could have saved her ass a hit and run ticket, sucks for her impatience.

mushroom_toy
02-10-2010, 03:10 PM
Stick it to her, she shouldnt have left.

Civic Accord Honda
02-10-2010, 06:58 PM
damn 2dr that blows!, dont feel bad she didnt leave a note right away

88LXi68
02-10-2010, 08:15 PM
front or rear quarter? I say make her pay...

2drSE-i
02-10-2010, 09:13 PM
Rear quarter. Cop didnt give her a ticket, and shes being really nice about it. I'll have a lengthy conversation with her insurance co. tomorrow. No, they will not be totalling my car. I have pics, but you cant really see anything in them. Its a rear quarter, and its pretty caved in. Luckily, no damage to the door. Good body man should have me fixed up pretty well.

I'm a pretty persuasive guy, i've got plenty of time to negotiate. Don't worry about me guys :D

Joay
02-11-2010, 07:05 AM
Is it a cut-and-weld situation? Both rear quarters for coupes are still available from a place in Ohio in case you need one.

88LXi68
02-11-2010, 07:08 AM
Rear quarter. Cop didnt give her a ticket, and shes being really nice about it. I'll have a lengthy conversation with her insurance co. tomorrow. No, they will not be totalling my car. I have pics, but you cant really see anything in them. Its a rear quarter, and its pretty caved in. Luckily, no damage to the door. Good body man should have me fixed up pretty well.

I'm a pretty persuasive guy, i've got plenty of time to negotiate. Don't worry about me guys :D

persuade a new paint job???? :D

stat1K
02-11-2010, 07:21 AM
^ lol, good luck dude. i don't think they should need to cut and weld unless it's close to the fender well or bend at the door frame, my guess is it's closer to the taillight right? should be pretty easy to bang out if that's the case. problem is trunk allignment afterwards, that's always the worst part.

2drSE-i
02-11-2010, 08:57 AM
^ lol, good luck dude. i don't think they should need to cut and weld unless it's close to the fender well or bend at the door frame, my guess is it's closer to the taillight right? should be pretty easy to bang out if that's the case. problem is trunk allignment afterwards, that's always the worst part.

Actually its just above the fender well, but i think the fender well isn't bent. I'm thinking at least the quarter/roof/other side will have to be painted for it to match.

stat1K
02-11-2010, 09:56 AM
damn that sucks. good luck man...

jasonrebellion
02-14-2010, 05:55 PM
gah this meet couldn't have worse timing for me.....May 22nd is my wife's due date! Maybe next year... mine needs a lot of work anyways

Joay
02-14-2010, 07:42 PM
gah this meet couldn't have worse timing for me.....May 22nd is my wife's due date! Maybe next year... mine needs a lot of work anyways
It's all good they have hospitals in Raleigh.

Just kidding, congrats and good luck with the spawn!

military mase
02-15-2010, 07:21 AM
wow i'm still around and still have mine. I may have to check it out and i don't have any racing going on at that time either. lucky for me only an hour away

guaynabo89
02-15-2010, 07:24 AM
so that means we can count on you to be there right? ;)

2drSE-i
02-15-2010, 08:35 AM
wow i'm still around and still have mine. I may have to check it out and i don't have any racing going on at that time either. lucky for me only an hour away

You better come then, ALWAYS wanted to see your car.

guaynabo89
02-15-2010, 08:45 AM
adam...I think you need to stop pressurin people. :lol:

2drSE-i
02-15-2010, 08:47 AM
adam...I think you need to stop pressurin people. :lol:

I'm just turning coal into diamonds :D

military mase
02-15-2010, 09:47 AM
Yeah i'll be riding up.That's if the guy from this site doesn't buy it.... ????why the 20-23?? Isn't that part way during the week??

guaynabo89
02-15-2010, 09:49 AM
Its actually Thursday thru Sunday.

Theres alot of us coming from around 12 hrs + away so we need at least a days head start to leave.

Check out the first post, I think we've managed to get a good set of activities going. :)

military mase
02-15-2010, 09:52 AM
Yeah i saw when it was just being bounced around then kinda lost track of it. Speaking of FL i'm suppose to be getting a blacktop 20v motor from a guy down there. hopping he'll let me have it in a few days before heading to Vegas. One day i'll bring the accord and the next will be the AE86

88LXi68
02-15-2010, 03:37 PM
I better get moving and get some things done to the car, this is coming up quicker than I realized.

mark...is our bet still a go?

guaynabo89
02-15-2010, 04:30 PM
can I get in on this bet? Lol

mushroom_toy
02-15-2010, 04:33 PM
Whats the bet? And yeah ive got to get working too...havent even got my stuff back from the machine shop yet... :(

2drSE-i
02-15-2010, 07:43 PM
I know several of you have my cell number, and I've heard nothing of the bet. Correct this soon please :D

I too have a lot to do on my car. I'll post pics of damage tomorrow. I still need to hear from the girls dad about who is paying from me. But either way i think i've decided what to do with the money :D

2drSE-i
02-15-2010, 07:51 PM
Weekly Update :) Updated first post too.
8. Joay (3geez) (Coming)
29. military_mase (3geez) (Coming)

88LXi68
02-15-2010, 08:13 PM
Mark...please advise everyone of our wager. thank youuuuuuu!

mushroom_toy
02-15-2010, 10:17 PM
If i can get my trailer and hitch....im bringing the bike too haha. :)

dacantu
02-16-2010, 01:29 PM
If i can get my trailer and hitch....im bringing the bike too haha. :)

please dont put a hitch on the accord just to bring your motorcycle. lol

stat1K
02-16-2010, 01:41 PM
why not he's country :)

guaynabo89
02-16-2010, 02:10 PM
got my hotel reserved!

I'm so comitted right now. whos next?

What kind of bike Luke? lol

mushroom_toy
02-16-2010, 03:11 PM
I ride an 82 Kawasaki Kz550. :) Its fun...and Ill put a hitch on the accord to trailer the bike yes lol Thats what im doing in two weeks. Trailering it to Daytona. Its gonna be a removable hitch lol. im not gonna weld it on or anything. Just gonna bolt up to the bumper brackets at the frame if I can find one.

OT...but heres my bike. :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/JubeiMunchCurry/Bike%20Pics/IMGP3674.jpg

cubert
02-16-2010, 04:27 PM
^^ Makes it sooo tempting to bring my bike...I just dont know if I would trust it on that long of a ride...

mushroom_toy
02-16-2010, 05:39 PM
^^ Makes it sooo tempting to bring my bike...I just dont know if I would trust it on that long of a ride...

Im just gonna trailer mine. I figure I might wanna have some fun...and save some gas too haha. :)

guaynabo89
02-16-2010, 05:45 PM
lol

reach the ground much in that pic. :lol:

wouldnt pulling the bike in the first place suck up any gas in the accord that you might be saving by usin gthe bike? :dunno:

mushroom_toy
02-16-2010, 07:47 PM
lol

reach the ground much in that pic. :lol:

wouldnt pulling the bike in the first place suck up any gas in the accord that you might be saving by usin gthe bike? :dunno:

Lol the grounds not level. look how the curve slopes. I was leaning \ way in the picture lol. But yeah probably, but with the trailer setup ive got in mind its gonna be ballin" But I think I wanna ride the bike around some...dont know yet. I probably wont bring it, but you never know.

2drSE-i
02-16-2010, 07:51 PM
i SHOULD have my tuition payed by this weekend, so after that I'm booking my hotel(s) Dennis is set you guys :D

mushroom_toy
02-16-2010, 08:08 PM
Someone gonna let me sleep on their floor or am I gonna be camping lol.

labeledsk8r
02-16-2010, 08:19 PM
^ if i do go ima have to camp aswell 50+bucks a night for a place to sleep. i have seen hookers for less

2drSE-i
02-16-2010, 08:24 PM
^ if i do go ima have to camp aswell 50+bucks a night for a place to sleep. i have seen hookers for less

I think the issue is the same with hookers or hotel rooms. Yes, its less than 50 bucks, but do you wanna sleep there?

:kekeke:

So dennis, do tell where you booked at.

88LXi68
02-16-2010, 08:40 PM
But yeah probably, but with the trailer setup ive got in mind its gonna be ballin"

Sorry Luke, but there is nothing ballin' about a Honda towing anything. Now if it were a diesel pick up towing the Accord that would be a different story.

dacantu
02-16-2010, 09:10 PM
Now if it were a diesel pick up towing the Accord that would be a different story.

lol do you tow your accord everywhere in a diesel?

mushroom_toy
02-16-2010, 10:24 PM
Sorry Luke, but there is nothing ballin' about a Honda towing anything. Now if it were a diesel pick up towing the Accord that would be a different story.

Big Fail. We roll differently down south. haha :lol:

88LXi68
02-17-2010, 04:53 AM
lol do you tow your accord everywhere in a diesel?

I wish.

dacantu
02-17-2010, 08:17 AM
lol well with all this stuff I hear of you babying your accord I woulda believed you if you said yes. hope to see you in the summer. maybe we can each race our lsv? you in the accord and me in my teg??

2drSE-i
02-17-2010, 08:42 AM
lol well with all this stuff I hear of you babying your accord I woulda believed you if you said yes. hope to see you in the summer. maybe we can each race our lsv? you in the accord and me in my teg??

My moneys on Steve :-D

mushroom_toy
02-17-2010, 09:08 AM
^I wanna run too....we still doing the test and tune on thurs night right....im gonna run with a trailer hahaha. jk.

2drSE-i
02-17-2010, 09:12 AM
^I wanna run too....we still doing the test and tune on thurs night right....im gonna run with a trailer hahaha. jk.

Definitely. You guys will all witness 3/4 throttle pulls from a stock auto 3gee!!
A20 POWA!!

88LXi68
02-17-2010, 09:29 AM
lol well with all this stuff I hear of you babying your accord I woulda believed you if you said yes.

baby it? I am not sure where you get your info (Mark?), but when I do drive the Accord I definitely do not baby it. I have actually been told I beat the shit out of it!

The car gets driven regularly in the CT, MA, NY and even NJ area. I took the damn thing all the way to TN last year.

The car is not meant for LONG road trips as it cruises at 4k when going 65, has no AC, no heat, and rides stiff as hell. despite all this I drove 17hrs straight and still got 32mpg.

If by babying it you mean it stays in garage and does not see winter...Yes it is babied.

2drSE-i
02-17-2010, 09:35 AM
^Probably comes from all the talk of trailering and not popping your hood. While most of us realize its a pretty uncomfortable ride (most 3geez are, but throw in a lack of heat/air and super stiff suspension...), from an outsiders view it may seem like your a wuss :D

guaynabo89
02-17-2010, 10:17 AM
well Adam I got the hookup so I'm going to be staying at theee Hyatt Place. It came out to be the same as days inn so I wet with that.

test n tune should be fun.

oh and believe me Steve guns it in his car with no regrets. But yes if you put ur car away for the winter that's considered babying. Lol

as for the rest of you, if yall get together in a room you'll probably only wind up paying 25 a night or less depending how many of you get into one room. I'm pretty sure Tim would be down for that.

2drSE-i
02-17-2010, 10:26 AM
I will probably be staying in the wingate by wyndham, if you guys book early its CHEAP, but nonrefundable. If you book closer to may it will be 80 a night.

guaynabo89
02-17-2010, 10:34 AM
you booking through orbitz?

I'm only paying 52 a night. :D

2drSE-i
02-17-2010, 10:47 AM
expedia, but ill shop around to make sure wats cheapest

mushroom_toy
02-17-2010, 02:16 PM
Im in the same boat...no ac here no ps here. Lol. My car rattles and vibrates and has a lot of interior noise with no sound deadening....but I still love her. hahah.

I may camp...who knows.

Nothing wrong with stockish auto 3gees lol. I put down my best reaction time when my car was auto a good while back. :)

Anyone wanna make bets on what our cars will run? :D

guaynabo89
02-17-2010, 02:30 PM
lol

I'm game

mushroom_toy
02-17-2010, 04:30 PM
^Im betting on your car running 12s maybe? youre pushing a good bit of boost arent ya?

stat1K
02-17-2010, 05:58 PM
my civic runs a mid 15 consistently... 1.5l :)

mushroom_toy
02-17-2010, 07:58 PM
Right now pretty stock minus a few things with two bad cylinders and 400k+ I run a pretty consistent 16.5 But of course Ill be a lot less stock by the meet. :)

2drSE-i
02-17-2010, 08:14 PM
I fully intend on running a 30. :-)

mushroom_toy
02-17-2010, 08:23 PM
I fully intend on running a 30. :-)

Eh if youre stock and auto, youll probably run around 17-18

2drSE-i
02-17-2010, 08:24 PM

So half throttle will work :)

mushroom_toy
02-17-2010, 08:29 PM
So half throttle will work :)

Dont intentionally run a 30s pass lol.

2drSE-i
02-17-2010, 08:34 PM
Dont intentionally run a 30s pass lol.

Dragstrip will probably get pissed off honestly LOL. Maybe if i get ALL of my maintenance stuff done I'll push it at the track. Still though, completely stock motor with a short ram.

mushroom_toy
02-17-2010, 08:51 PM
No seriously though youll realistically run about a 17 or so...if my car could do it, Im sure yours could lol.

dacantu
02-17-2010, 09:13 PM

um well im guessing more towards an 18.... I raan a 17.4 in my auto accord with CAI, header, exhaust, and weight reduction. Now its 5 speed though and feels that much more responsive.

too abd I wont be driving my accord to this meet :( way too far to drive my accord out there. will be showing up in my "stock LS" teggy :)

stat1K
02-18-2010, 02:00 PM
Im in the same boat...no ac here no ps here. Lol. My car rattles and vibrates and has a lot of interior noise with no sound deadening....but I still love her. hahah.

I may camp...who knows.

Nothing wrong with stockish auto 3gees lol. I put down my best reaction time when my car was auto a good while back. :)

Anyone wanna make bets on what our cars will run? :D

sounds like my car, i'm trying to redo the interior so that i don't feel so bad about being inside of it, when they're ugly on the outside you can ignore it, but when they're ugly on the inside too it's kind of difficult and makes me depressed. i need new carpet, to reinstall my headliner, finish my sun visors, finish painting my rear plastic, install the new dash and maybe, MAYBE get the rear seat redone in black if i can find a reasonable place. anyone know a place in the carolinas that would do reasonable upholstery?

mushroom_toy
02-18-2010, 03:14 PM
Theres a place here...when I got my bike seat recovered everywhere around here wanted $75-125 to do it. I went to one place and I will never go to another. They only charged me $25 and I bought the fabric. The guy even re-foamed my seat and shaped it the way I wanted, also sanded and painted my seat pan as well. Well worth it for $7 yard of vinyl. Still have enough left for two mroe bike seats, etc.

cubert
02-18-2010, 09:19 PM
Well, hopefully on Sunday the TL will be gone, and a much nicer car will be taking its place. If this goes down then I will definitely be making it to the meet :D

2drSE-i
02-18-2010, 09:36 PM
Well, hopefully on Sunday the TL will be gone, and a much nicer car will be taking its place. If this goes down then I will definitely be making it to the meet :D

SuhWEET

guaynabo89
02-19-2010, 06:05 AM

what kind of car?

Honestly Luke I don't know what it'll run. I think 12's would be a good guess. We'll find out though.

mushroom_toy
02-19-2010, 07:48 AM
^ You should hit 12s I think. You got any slicks?

stat1K
02-19-2010, 01:34 PM
we should all chip in for a pair of slicks lol...

cubert
02-19-2010, 01:34 PM
what kind of car?

Honestly Luke I don't know what it'll run. I think 12's would be a good guess. We'll find out though.

I dont want to give it away yet..but ill be losing two doors, two cylinders, and 1.2 liters :thumbup:

mushroom_toy
02-19-2010, 02:10 PM
I have some 14" slicks....theyre just dryrotted and no good lol. I might pick some up...if I do yall can use them.

88LXi68
02-20-2010, 08:01 AM
dennis will have a slight problem using slicks...he has a big brake kit.

guaynabo89
02-20-2010, 08:12 AM
yeah. anything smaller than 16 is a no no.

thats ok though. i'm pretty sure i'll have problems other than just traction. lol

headbanger
02-20-2010, 11:28 AM
dont know if i will get to come or not my auto tranny is about to crap out.It was slipping other nite so I pulled over an poured a couple quarts in it.It seemed to help a little got home all right.But next morning went out got in it took off down the road an it would not shift from second to drive.Went a little further stopped an took off again an wouldnt shift out of first.So I went back home drained fluid filled up with fresh an a bottle of trans-x.Drove it about 5 miles it started shifing again it is for sure better than it was but still not right.But to make long story short if I am going to have to pull it out I might as well gut whole front.Suppension tranny engine an all.Cause suppension is still giving me creaking problem.Plus engine is leaking from everywhere it can leak.Rack is leaking.An on top of that dude is hounding me to bring it in so he can repaint it.But I want to fix it first.So I dont know if I can fix all this be4 meet or not.(hope so)I am going to try lik hell though.

mushroom_toy
02-20-2010, 01:24 PM
Ah yes lol.

2drSE-i
02-20-2010, 04:26 PM
I dont want to give it away yet..but ill be losing two doors, two cylinders, and 1.2 liters :thumbup:

SMART CAR!!!

Another motorcycle though? or something else?

guaynabo89
02-20-2010, 04:28 PM
it's a 89 Accord coupe.

tl is a 3.2 right?

2drSE-i
02-20-2010, 04:29 PM
it's a 89 Accord coupe.

tl is a 3.2 right?
OOH im a dummy, i wasn't thinking about a TL i was thinkin 3g.

cubert
02-20-2010, 04:33 PM
it's a 89 Accord coupe.

tl is a 3.2 right?

Yes...TL is a 3.2.

Its not a 3G...As much as I would like to get one it would have to be a second/project car.

I went to take a look at the car, im thinking its a little too beat up for the age/mileage...plus the windows are tinted and thats not legal in NH because we are brilliant like that.

The good news is I found the four door version of it about 10 miles from my house, so hopefully I will have some good news/pictures tomorrow.. :D

guaynabo89
02-20-2010, 04:35 PM
96 Galant turbo awd?

cubert
02-20-2010, 04:37 PM
96 Galant turbo awd?

Nahh...I wouldnt dare go outside of the Honda brand again.

It seems like many people consider the car im getting the 3Gs mortal enemy.. :lol:

dacantu
02-20-2010, 05:00 PM
Nahh...I wouldnt dare go outside of the Honda brand again.

It seems like many people consider the car im getting the 3Gs mortal enemy.. :lol:

civic?

*edit the civic wasnt 2.0! and you said you wouldnt go outside of honda again but when you mentioned 3g's mortal enemy i thought toyota corolla...

stat1K
02-20-2010, 08:18 PM
no one said it wasn't swapped, it's probably a civic with a b20b/z

dacantu
02-20-2010, 11:44 PM
no one said it wasn't swapped, it's probably a civic with a b20b/z

Thats what I thought too for a minute but then he mentioned that he found the four door version of it so im guessing this one is 2.0 as well? either way its a honda but I cant figure out another "mortal enemy" within honda.

labeledsk8r
02-21-2010, 12:35 AM
was gonna guess 3rd gen lude but but then you said 3g's enemy so its gotta be a civic, mayby a K20 under the hood? i know you like newer cars lol

Civic Accord Honda
02-21-2010, 12:37 AM
im pretty sure i know what it is :D i wont tell tho

cubert
02-21-2010, 12:07 PM
Well, no car for me today. There are two reasons, the first being I talked to Legend Master a little, and then did some more research and found that there are a few too many people who complain of transmission issues.

The second is the straight pipe that took the place of the mid muffler and resonator on my TL exhaust decided to self destruct, so now I have a very loud TL :lol:

guaynabo89
02-21-2010, 01:21 PM
well now since ur no longer going to get it, what was it?

and what's wrong with hooking up the TL? Lots of aftermarket for that one.

cubert
02-21-2010, 01:23 PM
it was an 07 Civic SI...I was looking forward to it too.

Im not a huge fan of the auto trans in the TL, plus it has about 150k on it. At this point im halfway considering just paying it off since I cant really find anything newer that I 100% like. Im just gonna keep my eyes open.

stat1K
02-21-2010, 01:44 PM
the transmissions have problems but they fixed a lot of that i thought... oh well, good luck keep looking.

guaynabo89
02-21-2010, 02:19 PM
actually all Accords/TL's had self destructing tranny issues up until 02 I beleieve. (3.2 auto V6's)Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

cubert
02-21-2010, 05:01 PM
actually all Accords/TL's had self destructing tranny issues up until 02 I beleieve. (3.2 auto V6's)Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The 99's through 04's had issues. The 99 wasnt AS bad (the one year of the second gen TL that was a 4 speed instead of a 5.) I think it has something to do with them trying to stuff the 5 speed internals into the 4spd case, and it not cooling properly (if im not mistaken). I knew it when I bought it, and mine doesnt slip or anything, it just doesnt feel right.

I might go look at an 03 Accord EX with the 2.4 in it. Its got all the same options as my TL (leather interior, heated seats etc) so I do like that. I originally didnt plan on getting an Accord but it only has 40k miles on it so it may be too good to pass up.

Stat1k, I was reading up on the third gear issue, and yes Honda did have a fix for it, but some people still had the issues after. Its probably a rare thing, but I really dont want to be making payments on a car that I have to worry about driving hard. I made that mistake with the TL and I dont want to do it again.

Edit:

The one affordable somewhat sporty car I keep coming back to is the Scion TC...I may go test drive one to see how I like it.

stat1K
02-21-2010, 05:58 PM
eh, i don't like the TC, i drove one once it wasn't as fun as the civic, i had a friend with the Si and i liked it. maybe get an ep3? or are you an ep3 hater, i've always been a fan of the rsx personally.

tell you what cubert, buy an ek civic and i'll sell you a set of h-series mounts cheap, and they're hasport :)

cubert
02-21-2010, 06:01 PM
Im not an ep3 hater, I just cant decide if I like it or not. I did find one for sale locally, but they want 15k for it which is seems insane to me.

Im drawn the the TC because I can get it for a decent price, and seem pretty dead reliable. I put 20k-30k miles on my car a year, so if I can get a car thats still worht something after im done paying for it id be happy. Im not looking for the quickest car in the world, just something that is halfway fun to drive and I dont have to worry about it every time I get into it.

stat1K
02-21-2010, 06:58 PM
http://nh.craigslist.org/ctd/1603144059.html

that one?

that is ridiculous....

edited for clutter, pm'd cubert.

2drSE-i
02-23-2010, 11:01 AM
Big thanks to Pete on Carolina Hondas for upping me to registered user :) Another big thanks to Pete for bar suggestions (Which i have added to the first post) :)
8. Joay (3geez) (Coming)
29. military_mase (3geez) (Coming)
30. Cubert (3geez) (Maybe)
31. 93hpcrx (RedPepperRacing) (Maybe) (sorry, i guess i missed RPR last weeks bump..)
32. 02type-sk20 (CarolinaHondas) (Coming)
33. 91CivicEF (CarolinaHondas) (Coming)
34. Pete (CarolinaHondas) (Coming)

Please let me know if your on the list twice, because we are posted on 7 different forums now, I know we are gonna get some overlap. I'd also like to know who is planning on attending Adventure Landing, just so i can get a tentative price from them. Just let me know by either posting or PMing me :)

guaynabo89
02-23-2010, 11:21 AM
ahhhhh the boldness! its hurting my eyes!

lol

You can count me in for the adventure thing. ;)