PDA

View Full Version : electrical problems

gtmst3
01-22-2010, 07:19 PM
well just when i thought it was all good with my car everything starts going down hill. my radio all of a sudden started eating fuses and its not like they just pop they slowly just melt like if i put in a new one like 20 mins later it will b bad then also my low beams sometimes cut out when i hit the brakes then ither come back on or dont but my high beams always work and in addition to that my fog lights quit on me too what do you guys think the problem may be? this all happened in the period of maby 32 hours. hope it dosent keep going down hill

Dr_Snooz
01-24-2010, 09:13 PM
Do me a favor and just dab some di-electric grease on the tangs of the next fuse. Please post back and let me know if it helps. If it does, I may have figured out a way to keep all these cars running a lot longer.

My fogs have konked out too and I have yet to figure out what happened. I've replaced or checked all the components so it's a wiring issue of some kind. There is no schematic in the shop manual, so I have to trace the wire through the car. It's a simple circuit so it's no big. If the fogs are factory, then there is a fuse buried somewhere down by the battery that's worth checking. The switch is very simple, so it's probably not that. There is a little relay on top of the driver's front shock tower that wasn't my problem. There are a couple connectors immediately behind the lights that like to get corroded, so check those too.

I haven't a clue about the headlights, but the shop manual is available here (http://honda.roadpwnage.com/manuals/pages/usdm-accord-1989-full.php) and the schematic is on p. 25-65. Keep us posted on your progress.

Hauntd ca3
01-25-2010, 12:35 AM
vaseline does just as good a job as dielectric grease .

gtmst3
01-26-2010, 01:39 PM
well idk about my radio i took it out and re taped some wires and stuff and its fine and for my fogs i just replaced the switch that apparently burnt out but idk about my headlights