PDA

View Full Version : Charlie's official update thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

charliekuney
01-24-2010, 10:29 PM
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs154.snc3/18143_1211636923588_1008699862_472124_7815098_n.jp g

mykwikcoupe
01-24-2010, 10:46 PM
Is that alderwood mall near JCPenny's? Maybe you should talk a little about the car or post more pics. It seems a bit vague? Maybe its just me

MessyHonda
01-25-2010, 01:18 AM
needs a drop

Civic Accord Honda
01-25-2010, 02:07 AM
needs moar pics and no drop! (see avatar)

LewZur
01-25-2010, 11:13 AM
needs moar pics and no drop! (see avatar)

:lol: CAH your avatar rocks. I can always count on you to make me laugh. Hey Charlie, you still wanting to sell those rims? I love the coupe man, more pics:D

Rendon LX-i
01-25-2010, 11:56 AM
drop that bitch already...or im i have to go over while you sleep and cut a link or 2 off LOL.

2ndGenGuy
01-25-2010, 01:14 PM
drop that bitch already...or im i have to go over while you sleep and cut a link or 2 off LOL.

I'll bring the sawzall!

charliekuney
01-25-2010, 04:44 PM
So far, nothing has happened since the other thread. I wanted to get away from the totaled car and stupid title. The car needs to be dropped for sure and so far that's what I plan on doing as my first modification. The picture was at The Landing in Renton. It was to show how nice my car might look if I paint the trim. LewZur: Yes, I'm still selling the rims, but I'm looking into a partial trade with Mike for some steelies, although I wish they were black.

LewZur
01-26-2010, 09:17 AM
So far, nothing has happened since the other thread. I wanted to get away from the totaled car and stupid title. The car needs to be dropped for sure and so far that's what I plan on doing as my first modification. The picture was at The Landing in Renton. It was to show how nice my car might look if I paint the trim. LewZur: Yes, I'm still selling the rims, but I'm looking into a partial trade with Mike for some steelies, although I wish they were black.

I been looking at 15" steelies, but they just don't seem to look as good as the 13s. Maybe it's just me.

charliekuney
01-26-2010, 05:47 PM
13's won't fit on my car. I have 14's now, and I want some 16's. I won't go any higher than 16".

ShyBoyCA6
01-26-2010, 05:51 PM
boo...bboooo we want pics! we wants pics! we want PICS! and anything you done to car man haha come on update lol jk man

markmdz89hatch
01-26-2010, 07:42 PM
right so the update with new thread is for a new pic without a caption or even a word to go with it? Thanks for the update though. I do like to see your car because it is a great example of a clean (minus bumper hole) coupe with oem honda wheels.

Get it off craigslist though dammit. And why do you say it's interior is gutted?

I'd gladly buy that off you if you were'nt on the other side of the damn continent from me. Although I might just beg John or Mike to drive it out to me in exchange for gas money, a place to crash, a bucket o' beer and a stack of pizza's.

mykwikcoupe
01-26-2010, 08:28 PM
He says its gutted becuase the only this left in it are the seats and dash. Im still trying to figure out why he did it since it wasnt for racing, wasnt for finish but apparently for looks.

If you were referring to me Ive been looking for a reason to get out of the house. Id be down for that for sure. Although someone would have to include ear plugs. The little rattles these cars make without the interior would drive me insane.

charliekuney
01-26-2010, 10:24 PM
right so the update with new thread is for a new pic without a caption or even a word to go with it? Thanks for the update though. I do like to see your car because it is a great example of a clean (minus bumper hole) coupe with oem honda wheels.

It's the start of the update thread. It's a...work in progress, so to say. I don't think this car is clean at all, by the way. Has everyone forgotten the first coupe? I'm selling the rims, selling the car. At the moment I'm trying to get this '88 HF with 120k for $900.

charliekuney
02-11-2010, 04:03 PM
I finally found the effort (and the little black clip) to put my rear seat back in, but lately I've had my mind on other things (http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/1594915281.html).

I might be saying goodbye to the directionals and hello to a set of LS webs, or possible some black steelies. I've also been thinking about saving up some money for a drop, but I don't know if I should put money into this car or buy a better looking one, first. I'm also looking into possibly a black dash and seats and a different steering wheel. Any ideas/complaints/comments/concerns?

Joay
02-11-2010, 04:37 PM
You have a fuel-injected coupe with a sunroof, right? I'd stick with that.

charliekuney
02-11-2010, 05:44 PM
Fuel-injected: check; I'll never get a carb'd vehicle.
Coupe: my favorite, but I need a sedan. It's just easier.
Sunroof: they can die. Mine leaks, and they're not that useful. To me, it's either all (convertible) or nothing. Plus, sunroofs just ruin the look of a car.

itzdave
02-11-2010, 06:07 PM
I've also been thinking about saving up some money for a drop. Any ideas/complaints/comments/concerns?

my springs and struts will be for sale soon!

charliekuney
02-11-2010, 06:47 PM
You know how to get a hold of me. :D

2ndGenGuy
02-11-2010, 10:31 PM
I saw your car at the meet, Charlie. It's not THAT bad. Guess you're just spoiled by your other car. All your car needs is paint and some elbow grease. And maybe a bumper which you could put on before paint. :)

Civic Accord Honda
02-11-2010, 10:40 PM
charlie u need to stop knocking your car!, it was what $300 i think? and it gets you around and honestly looks clean, its not perfect but most 3gees look ALOT worse then yours,

and btw... why the hell would u want steelies over the blades

charliekuney
02-12-2010, 03:11 PM
John: That's exactly my point. This car is hideous compared to the first one. This coupe isn't all bad, I'll admit, but it's worse than you or most people on here think. I've been looking all over for a SSM hood and bumper, but I can't find any anywhere.

Blake: Yes, my car was $300. My steal. :D I'm just mad that I don't have one of the cleanest cars around anymore. I love the look of steelies, by the way. The blades are beyond amazing looking, but not on this car. They make it look bad.

Civic Accord Honda
02-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Blake: Yes, my car was $300. My steal. :D I'm just mad that I don't have one of the cleanest cars around anymore. I love the look of steelies, by the way. The blades are beyond amazing looking, but not on this car. They make it look bad.

Yeah i understand wanting one of the cleanest cars again, my civic was hella clean and my accord is not much(and my car is way out numberd by good looking cars on cb7tuner), but it was also $300 and has got me 20k miles ^_^.

And that makes sense, I used to love the look of steelies to back when i had my 3gee i had some 15" 04 civic LX steelies on it

charliekuney
02-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Do bigger steelies look all right?

Civic Accord Honda
02-12-2010, 08:17 PM
i thought the 15s looked perfect if i would of put lower profile tires, i had 195/60/15s and wanted 205/50/15
heres a few pics
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff103/Dark_Accord/1988-Honda-Accord-LX-i/resurrected/rain-in-may-2008/HPIM5288Large.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff103/Dark_Accord/1988-Honda-Accord-LX-i/resurrected/rain-in-may-2008/HPIM5291Large.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff103/Dark_Accord/1988-Honda-Accord-LX-i/resurrected/rain-in-may-2008/HPIM5289Large.jpg

cubert
02-12-2010, 08:54 PM
Two words.

Widened Steelies

:naughty:

charliekuney
02-12-2010, 09:55 PM
Yes! Widened steelies. I saw a set on a VW and they looked amazing! They were painted weird, but they were still legit. Where can I find some? Are they easy to, uh...make?

cubert
02-13-2010, 06:55 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/oiddur.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b309/blackhatchbacl/HT09/Honda-tech09099.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j282/parts304/steel.jpg

I <3 widened steelies.

As for where/how to get them, there is a company called diamond racing if I remember correctly that does wide steel wheels. Im sure there are other ways to do it, id lurk around on vwvortex to get info on it..

mykwikcoupe
02-13-2010, 07:03 AM
wow those really look pretty cool. Id hop[e they are pretty cheap considering what they are but very nice.

Joay
02-13-2010, 02:30 PM
They're not that much different in price from any other aftermarket wheels, but you can find them regularly in the 4x100 classifieds on Vortex.

charliekuney
02-16-2010, 10:53 AM
I think this is worthy of a post:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2z3qm34.jpg

I want my interior back. I'm looking to get a black SE-i interior. Red just doesn't cut it.

2ndGenGuy
02-16-2010, 11:02 AM
I <3 widened steelies.

As for where/how to get them, there is a company called diamond racing if I remember correctly that does wide steel wheels. Im sure there are other ways to do it, id lurk around on vwvortex to get info on it..

It used to be really popular to take steel wheels and just "flip" them. Basically wheel shops would cut out the centers and put them in backwards and you'd have your dish you were looking for... I dunno why it's not done as much anymore, but there have gotta be lots of smaller shops that do stuff like this.

If you can get dish, without stupid camber, and stupid tire stretch, I'm all for it. Otherwise the whole dished wheel is completely negated by the ugliness of stretch and the horrible wear properties of crooked wheels. Yes, crooked wheels and 165mm tires on 12 inch wide rims are somehow cool now. I don't get it. I thought the whole point of a 12 inch wide rim was so you could fit fat 295mm tires on them. :facepalm:

charliekuney
02-23-2010, 06:57 PM
Tasks completed over the weekend at Mike's:

- removed header heat shield
- removed center dash lights
- removed top HUD lights
- replaced/fixed two vacuum hoses

Next time:
- removal of brush guard
- o-rings!
- put climate control back together, haha

I have a friend who might be buying a different CR-X sometime soon. It has Si's and he hates them, so he might sell them to me at a price I can't turn away.

I'm still looking for a DX coupe/hatch right-hand mirror block-off plate!

charliekuney
02-24-2010, 04:17 PM
I might pick this bad boy up from down the street for $500:

good:
SE-i coupe
near immaculate
"OEM fogs"
leather is near perfect (including center console)
black paint isn't flaking off of windshield wipers and rear window trim
cup holders

bad:
227k miles
both front tires have 0% tread; no joke
needs a bumper, door and tail light
both fogs were completely ripped off (hence the quotes above)
two center caps are missing (but I think mine work)
bumper sticker

http://i45.tinypic.com/15z1e29.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/300ywm1.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/2j62td0.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/j5dyk7.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/sm7pt4.jpg

Bass Man
02-24-2010, 05:40 PM
Good to see your progressing. That SE-i would be awesome to see at the greet.

- removed header heat shield
The hotter, the better. Hot air moves easier than cooler air, and that's why that shield is there.

Bass Man
02-24-2010, 05:45 PM
The Bad:
bumper sticker
I got a couple stickers on my Hatch that REALLY piss me off... It's probably nice and shiney under them, though.:rocket:

One says "Let all who are hungery be fed."
..... You can totally tell this car came from Ashland, which is our local Hippy liberal ass-clown "You gotta call in every time you wash your car; Limit 3 times per week" sorry sack of a city.

Civic Accord Honda
02-24-2010, 05:56 PM
hell yeah that leather is mint

2drSE-i
02-24-2010, 07:10 PM
For $500? for real?? I'll be there in a week.

ShyBoyCA6
02-24-2010, 07:24 PM
shit ill be there in a heartbeat lol

mykwikcoupe
02-24-2010, 07:51 PM
if he doesnt get it i told him Ill take it so Im sure unless someone else picks it up between itll be in the community real soon. This means i wont be doing my suspension on the hatch anytime soon but thats a deal too sweet to pass on.

charliekuney
02-24-2010, 08:18 PM
I found out why it's only $500: fifth gear is out. He said he took it to a mechanic and the mech said it might just need a fluid change, might not. Other than that, it's absolutely fantastic.

By they way: only one center cap is missing, and only one tire is bad.

charliekuney
02-24-2010, 09:31 PM
Last two bads that I forgot: the car needs a right CV joint, and the antenna is bent down. Clean title!

mykwikcoupe
02-24-2010, 09:47 PM
wow Im sure this one is charlies or mine for sure.. If i get it I now itll be short lived, I cant have 3 accord or 4 for that matter. The wifey would kill me and a 3rd project is too hard to afford. Man Charlie you need this car!!!!

charliekuney
02-25-2010, 04:14 PM
I talked to my parents and they're having no part of this, but they said to ask my grandfather. Oh, Grandpa...

ShyBoyCA6
02-25-2010, 04:20 PM
lol charlie your spoiled man why not sell your coupe or trade it just take of two tires and swap them to the se-i

charliekuney
02-25-2010, 04:35 PM
I'm the only person in my generation (no siblings, no cousins), so I am pretty spoiled. :D I have cousins, but they're from marriage, and distant. "Sergio" is moving this weekend and bought a new car. He needs the car gone by then. I'm going to see if he'll take $3-400.

charliekuney
02-26-2010, 08:46 PM
I told the guy I'd call him today about the SE-i, and when I did, he didn't bother to say "hello" or anything, just that "the car sold this morning". Thanks, man.

ShyBoyCA6
02-26-2010, 09:04 PM
that sucks man but keep looking another one gonna turn up and your a fucking 3g hunter lol

2drSE-i
02-26-2010, 10:33 PM
That really sucks...

charliekuney
02-28-2010, 03:42 PM
I need suggestions for easy, small things for added horsepower (≈5-15) and anything I can take off for weight reduction (even the smallest things). I'd probably like to keep my power steering, but I think air conditioning and cruise control can go. Comparison of power steering to the manual steering rack?

As for horsepower, I asked Mike about going for an A20A4, but my car wouldn't pass emissions. He suggested ODB1, larger injectors, a better cam and exhaust work. :)

As for weight reduction, anything that unscrews/unbolts/unplugs and that is unnecessary can go.

Don't flame me.

ShyBoyCA6
02-28-2010, 03:49 PM
have you looked at the intakes? short ram or cold air? flowmaster and magnaflow are good. you can take out the ac and cruise control. have you thought about Pacesetter headers or dc headers. you can buy a b16 mani since you will be changing the cam and injectors. you could go with venom injectors. any of these look like what you have in mind?

Civic Accord Honda
02-28-2010, 04:04 PM
short ram intake ftw

also when you remove the ac make sure you remove that big ass thing behind the glove box!
and for the power steering, remove it get a clutch fulid res from a 4th gen loop the power steering lines to it and use it to keep fulid in the power steering rack! , i didnt do this when i removed my power steering on the 4th gen now it sounds like a grinder when i turn ><

charliekuney
02-28-2010, 08:08 PM
have you looked at the intakes? short ram or cold air? flowmaster and magnaflow are good. you can take out the ac and cruise control. have you thought about Pacesetter headers or dc headers. you can buy a b16 mani since you will be changing the cam and injectors. you could go with venom injectors. any of these look like what you have in mind?

Yes, thank you. :D

short ram intake ftw

also when you remove the ac make sure you remove that big ass thing behind the glove box!
and for the power steering, remove it get a clutch fulid res from a 4th gen loop the power steering lines to it and use it to keep fulid in the power steering rack! , i didnt do this when i removed my power steering on the 4th gen now it sounds like a grinder when i turn ><

I'll look into the intake, and I was just looking at that nasty black box behind the glove box. I found a few unpaid parking tickets from the 90's stuck to it.

I'd probably like to keep my power steering...

ShyBoyCA6
02-28-2010, 08:31 PM
any time charlie:thumbup:

charliekuney
03-06-2010, 11:27 AM
My pathetic excuse for an update:

- remove hood grill trim (broken)
- remove brush guard (broken, hanging)*
- cleaned [most of] my interior with Lysol

* By doing this I realized the extent of my oil leak. No bueno. And, I still have a coolant leak. My car hisses every time I drive it more than a few miles (so, whenever it gets warm). I don't know which damn hose it is!

Oh; I'm getting an estimate from Maaco soon and from my dad's friend who's a professional car painter ("ewe, a Honda?" my friend said). The sunroof is going (leaks) and so is the antenna (broken).

speedpenguin
03-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Well that's progress.

In for more updates!

charliekuney
03-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Well, a bit before the interior was removed I took out my deck (to give to Mike) and I took out my speakers because I didn't have a wiring harness for the deck that came out of my parts car. Come today I found it. In the box. With the deck. So, I've successfully and happily installed my deck and speakers, and I have tunes! The only problem, though, is that one of the two wires on my back left speaker won't hook-up correctly so it's really static-y. Oh, and my antenna is broken, so I'm stuck with MP3's and CD's.

charliekuney
03-14-2010, 08:47 PM
So, I've pretty much given up what little enthusiasm I had into this car. Every time I think about the first coupe, I lose motivation. I just don't like this car. It's ugly and smells, and I can't do crap because I don't know shit about cars. I want to get an EG hatch and call it good. If I found a nice SE-i coupe, I'd take it, but this car is just too much.

http://i44.tinypic.com/nq76o4.jpg

ShyBoyCA6
03-14-2010, 09:25 PM
Wow what's wrong with the car now? It looks like to be a good coupe if you don't want it ill take it off your hands

charliekuney
03-14-2010, 10:30 PM
If you saw it in real life, you'd think otherwise. Mike says it's not that bad, but to me, it will never compare to my other coupe.

Rendon LX-i
03-14-2010, 10:37 PM
LOL. so you want a EG. Just the fact that there easy to work on? DUDE fuck that. fix it up. Keep your head up. Im going threw the same shit. BUT damn i would never go that low. if im like.....well im getting a s2k....WELL THERES a different story. but i would prolly have both cars lol

Civic Accord Honda
03-14-2010, 11:45 PM
lol charlie man, its a project it anit going to be perfect, you need to set it your goal to make it the way you want it, then when you get to that point it will be one of the most rewarding things ever to drive it.

telling you bro dont give up, you dont see me giving up on my pile of crap rust heap do ya? and i owned a MINT wire tucked sexy ef hatch before the accord.

2ndGenGuy
03-15-2010, 07:10 AM
If you really hate this car so much, just keep waiting, and save your money for a better one. EG hatches are all beat to snot, and get stolen all the time. Not that most 3gees aren't beat to snot, but at least there are fewer riced out ones so better chance of finding a nice one.

ShyBoyCA6
03-15-2010, 09:46 AM
If you saw it in real life, you'd think otherwise. Mike says it's not that bad, but to me, it will never compare to my other coupe.

Man you need to check out the thread of how your 3g use to look like you will be suprzed

charliekuney
03-15-2010, 01:22 PM
I reallyreallyreally want a nice Brittany Blue SE-i coupe. I see them everywhere here in Renton (yes, many different ones). I really should have jumped on that one down the street. It was a nice start.

Now, if I can find a decent black interior, keeping this car is a whole 'nother story...

ShyBoyCA6
03-15-2010, 02:22 PM
I reallyreallyreally want a nice Brittany Blue SE-i coupe. I see them everywhere here in Renton (yes, many different ones). I really should have jumped on that one down the street. It was a nice start.

Now, if I can find a decent black interior, keeping this car is a whole 'nother story...

the more you want it the harder its gonna be hard to find exactly what you looking for but maybe it will turn up soon or buy an se-i and paint it blue and work on it from there:thumbup:

charliekuney
03-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Hmmm, well, I'm heading down to the 'yard today to finally go into the "forbidden" section to look for third-gens. And, I'm going to pick up an OEM Bose SE-i amp for $15.

Civic Accord Honda
03-15-2010, 02:45 PM
grab the wireing deck and speakers aswell

charliekuney
03-15-2010, 02:54 PM
Wiring deck? And, the front speakers are gone. I forgot about the back. It still has rear discs and an SE-i steering wheel.

charliekuney
03-16-2010, 05:01 PM
):

http://i40.tinypic.com/muh7p2.jpg

But, nobody cares, anyways...

Civic Accord Honda
03-16-2010, 05:48 PM
wheres it going?

Joay
03-16-2010, 05:56 PM
... What the shit?

-DWM-
03-16-2010, 06:05 PM
That's unfortunate. I always thought the only thing that could kill these cars is rust...

charliekuney
03-16-2010, 07:34 PM
Oh, I forgot to say it was towed to my house. A hose burst on the freeway and it started overheating, so I had to have it towed. The only problem this time is I can't figure out which hose is ruptured, so I can't replace it. I've gotten it narrowed down to a certain area, though.

2drSE-i
03-16-2010, 08:02 PM
Let me guess...behind the intake manifold?

Lol very emotastic picture though. I, too, was like what the shit!

charliekuney
03-16-2010, 08:32 PM
I have two "JDM Approved" checks now. :D It's...I need a picture of an A20A3 engine bay...

This general area: It gets that green plug wet.
http://i43.tinypic.com/rvvh1u.jpg

2ndGenGuy
03-17-2010, 09:37 AM
I was thinking more like "What the fuck, Chuck?" I blew a hose on the freeway as well once. I thought it was raining, then I realized it wasn't St Pattys day so nobody had died the rain green. But it was not too bad of a fix on the side of the freeway. :) Cheap fix at least. Replaced the rest of the hoses when I got it home.

Joay
03-17-2010, 01:59 PM
Well the thermostat housing is right under there, maybe the o-ring disintegrated?
Did it start leaking or like spray coolant on the windshield?

Civic Accord Honda
03-17-2010, 02:45 PM
charlie, now is the time to replace all the hoses!, its a great peace of mind knowing that there all replaced and that it has fresh coolant in it. it also prevents blown head gaskets!

ShyBoyCA6
03-17-2010, 03:16 PM
damn i was about to say "charlie your an a hole for junking it" but till i read the whole story and that sucks bro hope you get it fixed

charliekuney
03-17-2010, 03:18 PM
Replaced the rest of the hoses when I got it home.

charlie, now is the time to replace all the hoses!

Yeah, I've replaced several hoses individually and the next one just goes out.

Well the thermostat housing is right under there, maybe the o-ring disintegrated?
Did it start leaking or like spray coolant on the windshield?

O-ring? And, it was spraying forward when I opened the hood.

Joay
03-17-2010, 05:39 PM
There should be gaskets on the thermostat and the housing it sits in:

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/7053/13sg701e1501.png

I've ever actually taken one apart on an 86-89 so I'm not really sure if it makes sense to consider, but I've repaired them with RTV and had them start leaking. Forcefully spraying out might be a bit of a stretch for that part though.

charliekuney
03-17-2010, 07:57 PM
We found out what it was, most likely: "My thermostat was temporarily clogged so it made a hose spray from under a clamp."

Yeah.

Civic Accord Honda
03-17-2010, 07:58 PM
fail safe thermostats ftw

charliekuney
03-17-2010, 09:29 PM
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/1648389855.html

Yes?

ShyBoyCA6
03-17-2010, 09:30 PM
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/1648389855.html

Yes?

theres no pics so i cant say

charliekuney
03-17-2010, 09:35 PM
Yes/No on basis. If you had a picture of them in a box, it wouldn't help. Google them if you need one that badly. (:

ShyBoyCA6
03-17-2010, 09:38 PM
Yes/No on basis. If you had a picture of them in a box, it wouldn't help. Google them if you need one that badly. (:

YES!!!! haha they look cool man lowering and standard its not bad just getting the lowering would make it sick with the 2.25:)

charliekuney
03-18-2010, 06:36 AM
Mike says they're cheap and will give me a bad ride. I'm going to get them and use them until I can afford a better setup.

MessyHonda
03-18-2010, 10:30 AM
yeah no off the shelf shock will handle thoes springs unless you go with the civic shocks and make the top hat mod

Civic Accord Honda
03-18-2010, 03:30 PM
get them lol

2ndGenGuy
03-18-2010, 03:38 PM
Get them and fucking slam that shit! Do the pinchfork mod while you're in there!

charliekuney
03-18-2010, 04:53 PM
Do the pinchfork mod while you're in there!

Sure...?

charliekuney
03-20-2010, 05:48 PM
The car has been having a lot of overheating problems lately and I don't know what's up. It'll drive fine and everything, but the second I shut it off all of the water in the radiator will spray out just behind the thermostat. I'm replacing the thermostat to see if it's the problem.

http://i40.tinypic.com/wtf4nn.jpg

Ten points if you can find the one rust spot on my car.

Civic Accord Honda
03-20-2010, 06:23 PM
i see no rust but im going to go with under the door or on the door still area

charliekuney
03-31-2010, 03:50 PM
Alright, I'm having several people look at my car in the next few days. I'm selling it for $1,000 (ha).

Cars I'm on the market for:
1988 LX-i coupe, Misty Beige, 150k - $500
1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE, 140k - $1,000

Civic Accord Honda
03-31-2010, 04:22 PM
rx7 eh? dont you bitch about car problems enough as it is?? :lol:

charliekuney
03-31-2010, 04:43 PM
My car magically stopped leaking within the last few days, so I'm not complaining at the moment.

ShyBoyCA6
03-31-2010, 04:46 PM
i think CAH meant about the rx7 charlie its a different type of motor and not many know how to work on them so good luck with that rx7 if you get it

charliekuney
03-31-2010, 04:49 PM
Yeah, I got that. (: I don't even know how to work on this motor. Any modifications or repairs were either done by Mike or with him on the phone. Well, I did my starter myself.

ShyBoyCA6
03-31-2010, 04:53 PM
cool and i got the pics of the fogs but the switch is broken and the switch is not oem

charliekuney
03-31-2010, 05:36 PM
How are the fogs OEM, but the switch isn't? Have you found out what they came from? So far, you've told me they're from an '86 coupe, which does not exist.

ShyBoyCA6
03-31-2010, 05:41 PM
when did i say coupe?? lol if i said it then no its not its a sedan

charliekuney
03-31-2010, 08:12 PM
Send me the pictures. And, you told me in a message.

charliekuney
04-07-2010, 07:57 AM
Selling the car today for $600. :/

charliekuney
04-08-2010, 02:08 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/vy9iqs.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/11qo6le.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/2ro48lw.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/iy1qns.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/andg8y.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/2uoorde.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/2z3p1j8.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/zluq8i.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/2qnrvic.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/n16pvp.jpg

charliekuney
04-08-2010, 02:08 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/j5uy4i.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/14tx285.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/9tebh3.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/lhzco.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/24lpqpv.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/2mni16b.jpg

2ndGenGuy
04-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Yay Pics! IS that really cleaner than the last one though? And I have to LOL that you've had 3 of the same car. Nice find. :)

Civic Accord Honda
04-08-2010, 04:09 PM
yay for pt 3, that qp is gonna be fun to fix O.o

charliekuney
04-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Good:
$500 deck
exhaust (all but tip, I believe)
interior!
I still have my blades

Bad:
body
exhaust leak at manifold
nasty grind going from second to third (but not fourth to third...?)
body

I love the sedan tail light and ghetto shift knob. It needs a lot done to the body, but the engine is great, and for $500 I think it's a steal.

Differences between '88 and '89:
clutch-bypass start
seatbelts: both pieces
seat pattern design
air intake

...and probably more.

A18A
04-08-2010, 05:12 PM
that looks shittier than your old one. but the stereo looks like it makes up for all of that though haha

JC Barker
04-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Hey Charlie,

Here's a parts car for ya.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/1675109340.html

Civic Accord Honda
04-08-2010, 05:54 PM
hey charlie,

here's a parts car for ya.

do want!

charliekuney
04-08-2010, 10:13 PM
that looks shittier than your old one. but the stereo looks like it makes up for all of that though haha

It looks worse, but drives 10,000x better. The deck can play DVD's and what-not.

Hey Charlie, Here's a parts car for ya.

Haha, I've talked to her! She's uber flakey.

A18A
04-08-2010, 10:19 PM
It looks worse, but drives 10,000x better. The deck can play DVD's and what-not.

i suppose that's the main thing that matters then (Y)

MessyHonda
04-08-2010, 11:59 PM
cool your one of the 3gees that can play blockbuster flicks

charliekuney
04-09-2010, 04:36 PM
After a nice bath and some vacuuming. I installed my better stereo and speakers, so I'm selling the system that came in this car!

http://i43.tinypic.com/2zq4tue.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/25ugyde.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/abi9h4.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/fuctab.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/28tgm6u.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/ff1cid.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/2usctcl.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/r8tks6.jpg

Mellexx
04-09-2010, 06:48 PM
Haha win for getting one that runs 100000x better! Looks like it will clean up nicely :thumbup:

I Love that damn color, hopefully I can find mine in that.

Civic Accord Honda
04-09-2010, 06:51 PM
so when u going to start fixing the body?

charliekuney
04-09-2010, 08:24 PM
I'm not sure, Blake. I think I'll take off the remaining door trim (temporarily), and replace the tail light as soon as possible. If taking it to a shop for paint and bodywork proves to be too much, I'll just end up selling it. :D

ShyBoyCA6
04-09-2010, 08:27 PM
or you can do it your self and pull the dents and sand it down blend it in till you decide to paint it and swap parts

charliekuney
04-09-2010, 08:29 PM
I don't have the tools to do any of that, though. :(

ShyBoyCA6
04-09-2010, 08:33 PM
oh ask one of your friends to help you out or someone around here could help you with the 3g it but best of luck bro and make a vid of the accord let see how she sounds

charliekuney
04-09-2010, 09:07 PM
make a vid of the accord let see how she sounds

I'm planning on it. :) I'm seeing if I can get a good camera, otherwise it's going to be from my BlackBerry.

charliekuney
04-09-2010, 11:44 PM
Other possible '88 to '89 differences:

coin holder on dash has ripples in '88, smooth in '89
driver's seat can lock forward (requires handle to move back to standard position; or is mine just broken?)

2ndGenGuy
04-10-2010, 01:19 AM
Hey Charlie,

Here's a parts car for ya.

Get it and swap in the LXi motor!!!! Or Ban! :bandance:

charliekuney
04-10-2010, 04:15 PM
That is way too much work for someone as incapable as I am.

Oh! Got my blades back today. :D

2ndGenGuy
04-10-2010, 04:42 PM
You're just a noob. No better way to learn than to just dive right in! I'll come halp!

charliekuney
04-12-2010, 07:45 PM
:D

http://i44.tinypic.com/34zairm.jpg

I don't know which speaker sets to choose! Or which deck!

http://i40.tinypic.com/bdmfed.jpg

I want a new car already. :/

2drSE-i
04-12-2010, 07:47 PM
I've had great luck with my pioneer 6x9s that look alot like the ones you have pictured. Theyve been in my car for 6 years now and still sound great.

charliekuney
04-12-2010, 07:54 PM
These are four-ways, and the Sony's to the left are only three-way (whatever that means), but the Sony's put out more wattage and have better sound and bass (for my lack of a sub and amp).

Right now, I have the four Sony Xplod's in my car (two little red, two big silver) and the two black Kickers and two blue Pioneers sit on my desk. I have the Valor DVD receiver in my car, with the Xplod deck on my desk. The Xplod definitely puts out better sound, and the Valor has a cracked screen (now) and the faceplate falls off upon slamming the door, hitting a pothole or making a hard left turn, but the Valor can play DVD's, has an iPod hook-up standard, and can play music via Bluetooth. The black Kickers are better than the red Sony's, but I can't get them to fit in this car's doors. I gave the black 6x9's to Mike, along with my other deck. I wonder if he'll want any of this...

Any suggestions?

Civic Accord Honda
04-12-2010, 08:17 PM
send me the pioneers!! lol
and yay for low miles i got around 100k on top of yours

MessyHonda
04-13-2010, 01:02 AM
if you want good speakers you will have to get the infinitys....never heard a better sounding speaker for the money....

charliekuney
04-13-2010, 07:35 PM
New problems:
headliner and sunroof material hang
little door thing doesn't work on driver's side, so when I open my door there are no interior lights and no "you left your lights on/key in the ignition" chimes

Few random questions:
1) Do the DX coupes (either year) have door lights on the bottom like the LX-i/SE-i? Or the open/close switch for the center vents? Or vanity light/mirror on the passenger side? My '88 and '89 coupe booklets say they do not.
2) Did our cars really have an optional CD player from the factory? My '89 buyer's guide shows it with the equalizer, separate from the tape decks.
3) What's with Honda and having different seatbelt placements on some hatches? Why do the '86-7 hatches have '88-9 HUD's? (see gas gauge/oil temp needle placement)

I really need outer coupe tail lights. My trunk leaks because the sedan light does not fit/line up, and the seal on the right one lets water into the light. Also, an OEM shift knob and a new steering wheel.

Red factory armrest on the way! But, that means the blades have to go...

2drSE-i
04-13-2010, 07:42 PM
1. No idea
2. Yes, but not many people got them. This was pretty new technology in '89, and very expensive.
3. I'm fairly certain the seatbelts changed locations in 88, because of a safety thing. and the gauge cluster thing is because of the difference in doors and seatbelt configurations. If you'll notice, the Coupes/hatches have the same gauge clusters.

charliekuney
04-13-2010, 07:51 PM
1. No idea
2. Yes, but not many people got them. This was pretty new technology in '89, and very expensive.
3. I'm fairly certain the seatbelts changed locations in 88, because of a safety thing. and the gauge cluster thing is because of the difference in doors and seatbelt configurations. If you'll notice, the Coupes/hatches have the same gauge clusters.

1) I really want pictures of a DX coupe's door panels and what-not.
2) :D
3) Mike's '86 hatch has them on the door...I'm talking about how the needles face. All hatches and coupes, as well as '88-9 sedans face inward (point at each other: see picture a few posts up). '86-7 sedans face outwards.

I know the '86-7/'88-9 sedan/coupe-hatch carb/fi SE-i/not SE-i differences. :)

2drSE-i
04-13-2010, 07:56 PM
Hum weird about the seatbelts.

charliekuney
04-13-2010, 08:47 PM
Oh well, we may never know. Gah, I need to go adjust my headlights...

Civic Accord Honda
04-14-2010, 12:29 AM
do not trade rims for a arm rest lol u can get a armrest for like $50...

charliekuney
04-14-2010, 03:18 PM
I'm trading them for steelies, and to make up the difference he's adding the armrest. Go out and find me a red OEM armrest for $50.

bullard123
04-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Pioneer 6x9's are ftw

ShyBoyCA6
04-14-2010, 04:00 PM
i can get the taillight for you

charliekuney
04-14-2010, 04:04 PM
I REALLY need one. Coupes are getting scarce around here. There's only one at the junkyard, and they just got it, so I can't see it being in the actual yard for a few more months.

charliekuney
04-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Yay, blades! I'm thinking about taking off the remaining side trim, as it looks pretty bad hanging off and missing pieces. Also, I cleaned out under my trunk liner (ew) and [temporarily] fixed my headliner, as well as putting the front plate on without those nasty frames.

http://i43.tinypic.com/25k4wlx.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/21lsv4h.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/317jzfq.jpg

Civic Accord Honda
04-14-2010, 04:15 PM
why would u want steelies and a armrest over nice rims tho? lol, id much rather have some nice rims on my car over a armrest..
and last time i was at the junkyard there was 2 or 3 red sei style armrests ...

gp02a0083
04-14-2010, 04:21 PM
Hum weird about the seatbelts.

on my 87 i have the belts on the doors. It probably depends on the time of production, my hatch's tag says it was built in April of 87

ShyBoyCA6
04-14-2010, 05:35 PM
No go on the blades no offense charlie but put the stock lxi rims they look better and I know its a plain look but it goes with car or paint your blades black

cubert
04-14-2010, 05:49 PM
No go on the blades no offense charlie but put the stock lxi rims they look better and I know its a plain look but it goes with car or paint your blades black

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-English-Punctuation-Correctly

Anyway..

I think the blades look decent...I'm not a huge fan of them anyway, but they don't look bad on the coupe.

ShyBoyCA6
04-14-2010, 06:00 PM
http://www.wikihow.com/Use-English-Punctuation-Correctly

Anyway...

so....who cares man. just because i dont put it dont mean shit! lol and im not the only fubert

wait let me do it for you...spell check. cubert lol

ShyBoyCA6
04-14-2010, 06:02 PM
sorry about the post man. im having a bad day anything will tick me off.

Civic Accord Honda
04-14-2010, 08:17 PM

:smack: stock lxi rims FTL they weigh a ton and look ugly lol

charliekuney
04-15-2010, 07:26 AM

I'm going to sandblast the directionals and re-clearcoat them. They're staying silver. Black rims are hideous, not including steelies. These rims are stock LX-i rims, by the way. Just options.

ShyBoyCA6
04-15-2010, 07:29 AM
Alright charlie and ill get the tailight for its the driver side right?

charliekuney
04-15-2010, 07:31 AM
Correct. See pictures. :D

charliekuney
04-15-2010, 07:34 AM
and last time i was at the junkyard there was 2 or 3 red sei style armrests ...

Get them all for me!!

Civic Accord Honda
04-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Get them all for me!!

next time im there and if i see one ill defiantly grab one for you all the 3gees at that yard are allways untouched basically lol i saw a hatch with louvers and sei rims too..

charliekuney
04-15-2010, 02:55 PM
^ Liar. Pictures, or ban.

2ndGenGuy
04-15-2010, 03:57 PM
If you sandblast those wheels, they'll come out with a rough texture. The only way to keep them smooth is to sand them down. It's just a light clearcoat on them anyways.

Civic Accord Honda
04-15-2010, 04:18 PM
^ Liar. Pictures, or ban.

LOL i didnt have my camera with me and it was like in september... i posted about it in the junkyard finds or ebay and cl thread lol

charliekuney
04-15-2010, 04:26 PM
If you sandblast those wheels, they'll come out with a rough texture. The only way to keep them smooth is to sand them down. It's just a light clearcoat on them anyways.

They already have a "texture", though. I have to take close-ups. What are you recommending?

cameron7710
04-16-2010, 04:33 PM
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/1692625820.html

dude im sorry charlie but you just bought it for 500 put those wheels on and now u want 1200. i think someone needs to put down the crack pipe

2drSE-i
04-16-2010, 04:59 PM
Nothin wrong with trying to turn a profit. I wouldn't pay that for a beat up coupe, but I'm sure someone would.

ShyBoyCA6
04-16-2010, 05:37 PM
damn already selling it lol.

cubert
04-16-2010, 05:52 PM
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/1692625820.html

dude im sorry charlie but you just bought it for 500 put those wheels on and now u want 1200. i think someone needs to put down the crack pipe

Like 2drse-i said, whats wrong with making some cash? If someone is willing to pay it, why the hell not?

Civic Accord Honda
04-16-2010, 06:21 PM
Like 2drse-i said, whats wrong with making some cash? If someone is willing to pay it, why the hell not?

+1 i wish i would done that to the cb lol got it fixed the bearing sold it for $1200 put new engine in civic lol oh well whats done is done! accords being doing good for 28000 miles

charliekuney
04-16-2010, 08:24 PM

Someone's just jealous that they can't make money like me. I bought an iPhone for $100, jailbroke it and sold it for over $300. I'm a pretty damn good salesman.

Nothin wrong with trying to turn a profit. I wouldn't pay that for a beat up coupe, but I'm sure someone would.

There's always someone. A kid bought my gutted coupe for $600, and that's because I just wanted to get rid of it.

damn already selling it lol.

I found a car I'm interested in. Not a Honda, though.

x2

+1 i wish i would done that to the cb lol got it fixed the bearing sold it for $1200 put new engine in civic lol oh well whats done is done! accords being doing good for 28000 miles

280k? This car will sell solely based on the mileage.

ShyBoyCA6
04-16-2010, 08:58 PM
What car are you getting this time?. and fuck it making some profit i would do the same shit to pop out the dents and clean it up and you'll get some offers quick. If you say your a good salesman then you should have no problem.

and damn son you go through coupes like no tomorrow lol, is that like your third one? i have a feeling you'll be back with another coupe later on haha you might say no now but give it time and good luck Charlie.

Civic Accord Honda
04-16-2010, 09:34 PM
280k? This car will sell solely based on the mileage.

lol i meant its being doing good considering we bought it for 300 and put 28k on it since september but yeah it has around 270k on it

charliekuney
04-17-2010, 10:53 AM
I'm always looking into dozens of different cars, but I always end up back to third-gens. I almost bought an '86 Starion, but it sold because someone got to him first. If I could just get my hands on a Brittany Blue SE-i coupe...that definitely has to be my favorite car of all time. I made up my mind this morning. :D

All it takes is a stupid kid selling a car to a stupider one. :)

OH! I was super close to having my mom sell her Intrepid to buy an automatic '89 SSM sedan with 99k for $1,500 and my dad to sell his Ranger to buy a 5-speed '87 MB hatch with 114k for $1,200. My mom really wants one of these cars, because she loves mine, but she needs an automatic sedan. My dad just wants a stick.

A18A
04-17-2010, 11:01 AM
I almost bought an '86 Starion, but it sold because someone got to him first.

you got lucky haha

charliekuney
04-17-2010, 11:40 AM
Why? They're so sick! Turbo and a widebody stock? Please and thank you.

charliekuney
04-17-2010, 01:05 PM
Yay! OEM shift knob! The nasty aftermarket one was a bitch to get off. Took two vice grips and a lotta twisting. No more rattle, though. I might be picking up that OEM Bose amp (finally) for $15 and possible an Apexi exhaust tip for $5. :D

JC Barker
04-17-2010, 01:42 PM
http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/1696671185.html

JC Barker
04-17-2010, 01:53 PM
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/ctd/1681079296.html

charliekuney
04-17-2010, 01:59 PM
http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/1696671185.html

Already emailed. :D

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/ctd/1681079296.html

Asking WAY too much, but it sold...

Civic Accord Honda
04-17-2010, 02:23 PM
hey charlie look for a OEM first gen legend shift knob! the stock boot works with them and there the same shape as the 3g but a nicer face

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff103/Dark_Accord/1991-Honda-Accord-EX/interior-cleaning/interiorcleaning012Large.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff103/Dark_Accord/1988-Honda-Accord-LX-i/resurrected/may-5th-08/HPIM5068.jpg

and i think i win at having the ugliest shift knob ever
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff103/Dark_Accord/1991-Honda-Accord-EX/interior-cleaning/interiorcleaning003Large.jpg and i sold it for $15 :D

charliekuney
04-17-2010, 02:36 PM
Gah, pictures are too big! All of the Legends at the 'yard are automatics.

Civic Accord Honda
04-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Gah, pictures are too big! All of the Legends at the 'yard are automatics.

haha yeah that one of the 3g is from before i re-sized pics lol
and yeah 5speed legends are hard to find which is why i bought my legend even tho the side was caved in and the frame was twisted :lol:

charliekuney
04-18-2010, 05:24 PM
Update:
removed mud flaps
fixed brush guard
pressure-washed my rims and fuel door area

Next:
fix hanging bumper (clips intact!)
fix hanging side trim (clips intact!)
possibly remove brush guard (torn up, hanging; probably after road trip)
fix brakes (right-front makes a constant, quiet grinding sound)
figure out what's missing from the intake
adjust headlight buckets (rub against fenders)
get $5 Apexi exhaust tip from junkyard

charliekuney
04-19-2010, 05:11 PM
Well, the bumper no longer hangs, and I got the brakes checked: the pads are almost completely gone. :/

ShyBoyCA6
04-19-2010, 05:15 PM
charlie i have a stock oem shift nob from my car i have it and have it there sitting collecting dust haha

charliekuney
04-20-2010, 12:59 PM
^ Haha, I already got one. I'm actually looking for a Legend one, now.

Ooh, I found out yesterday after intensely cleaning 1/3 of one of my rims that the directionals were made by Enkei. Were the SE-i rims made by Enkei, too?

Civic Accord Honda
04-20-2010, 04:56 PM
i know the sei we had in 04 had enkeis but i dont think the ones i have in the shed are

charliekuney
04-29-2010, 03:53 PM
Surprise! But, don't fret: I'm just going to stalk the forums (meaning no heavy posting) for the time being, so no one has to worry. :)

ShyBoyCA6
04-29-2010, 04:01 PM
lol what the fuck?? hes back again what you do charlie did you ask to be back on??

Hazwan
04-29-2010, 04:02 PM
Yay you're back!!

Mellexx
04-29-2010, 04:04 PM
We all missed you :lol: Need more pics now that your back though

Civic Accord Honda
04-29-2010, 04:07 PM
Pics

charliekuney
04-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Yeah, yeah. I know everyone missed me /sarcasm. Here is an interior and engine bay shot:

http://i43.tinypic.com/20qgmki.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/24pl2lu.jpg

Some updates:
armrest
700 mile trip from Renton to Pullman and back (no problems)
fixed all rattles
(temp) fixed sagging sunroof material
fixed headlight buckets
fixed side trim
someone stole the "H" emblem off of my trunk
mah kitteh regurgitated grass (etc.) upon my sunroof

ShyBoyCA6
04-29-2010, 04:22 PM
charlie we need MORE pics not 2 haha

charliekuney
04-29-2010, 04:38 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/n3qmpl.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/qzma9e.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/35ips2t.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/5mfign.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/20iyxxc.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/t6xcvp.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/10cq4gj.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/257da9y.jpg

charliekuney
04-29-2010, 04:39 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/9ka2ao.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/dw2cte.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/rlf9td.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/ejvgog.jpg

Civic Accord Honda
04-29-2010, 04:50 PM
oh snap that interior is minty! and i see you got an armrest!

charliekuney
04-29-2010, 04:55 PM
Sure did. Picked it up for $15 at the local yard. It was in an '89 LX-i sedan that was gutted to the bone, except the front seats and armrest. I'm surprised I'd never seen it before. Anyway, I'm still looking for a set of cupholders (not sure if the ones in the for sale section at the moment are legit) and a DX mirror cap. There are only four third-gens left at the yard, all are sedans, one is a silver '86 DX, one is a red '89 LX, one is a '89 white LX-i and one is a black '89 LX-i. None really have what I need. Both the green LX-i coupe and black SE-i sedan are gone. I think someone bought the coupe outright, and the sedan got flooded. Man, I wish I would have snagged that amp...

cameron7710
04-29-2010, 06:43 PM
hey man thought u might want to know if u get some claybar with a little elbo grease that over spray on the passenger side door and fender will come right off

charliekuney
04-29-2010, 07:00 PM
^ Really? I'm not sure what it really is, but you seem to know. The guy I bought it from said is was "rust-preventing wax."

ShyBoyCA6
04-29-2010, 07:17 PM
i guess i would have to steal your car charlie and drop a k20 engine in it haha and nice stero

cameron7710
04-29-2010, 07:48 PM
^ Really? I'm not sure what it really is, but you seem to know. The guy I bought it from said is was "rust-preventing wax."

http://i43.tinypic.com/andg8y.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/2zq4tue.jpg

well by looking at the first pic and seeing the spray pattern then looking at the second and seeing how dark the trim on the door is i would say that someone painted the trim and did a shitty masking job and got over spray on the fender and door. plus what appears to be a little but of blue painters tape still on the first pic :rolleyes:

Civic Accord Honda
04-29-2010, 09:28 PM
if i ever come across my old dx mirror cap ill send it to ya, might find it in a couple days as im looking for some spark plug wires and breather filter

charliekuney
04-29-2010, 09:57 PM
plus what appears to be a little but of blue painters tape still on the first pic :rolleyes:

Uh, that tape is...holding the trim on. :) The trim is dark in that picture because it's wet.

if i ever come across my old dx mirror cap ill send it to ya

Remember, it has to be from a hatch or a coupe.

Mellexx
05-01-2010, 07:04 AM
Interior looks great, Looking forward to seeing it cleaned up on the outside

ShyBoyCA6
05-01-2010, 12:21 PM
hey charlie you still want the taillight?

charliekuney
05-01-2010, 08:44 PM
^ Yes, yes; if I don't find one at some local junkyards, which I doubt I will.

charliekuney
05-03-2010, 03:08 PM
It's the gash between the door handle and trim, and it goes all the way back to the rear wheel. The trim has blue marks all the way down, too:

http://i43.tinypic.com/qostqe.jpg

Bglad420
05-04-2010, 06:45 AM
Hey Charlie, are you still interested in my CF hood. I think I'm ready to part with it.

charliekuney
05-04-2010, 03:03 PM
Oh, another possible '88-'89 difference: upon turning on the headlights, the dash and HUD dim, but the clock does not. Quite an eye sore, actually.

Did anyone know that the '88-9 sedans had six lower tail lights? One in each trunk light, two in each outer light (with no side markers). I need to find a coupe tail light, or at least an '86-7 sedan light.

Civic Accord Honda
05-04-2010, 09:31 PM
Oh, another possible '88-'89 difference: upon turning on the headlights, the dash and HUD dim, but the clock does not. Quite an eye sore, actually.

Did anyone know that the '88-9 sedans had six lower tail lights? One in each trunk light, two in each outer light (with no side markers). I need to find a coupe tail light, or at least an '86-7 sedan light.

there was side markers little 194 dash light style bulbs in a white plastic thing they aimed to the side of the light

and my 88 clock dimmed but i disconnected the wire to it so it wouldn't as i liked my lights on in day time and still wanted to see my clock lol

charliekuney
05-05-2010, 04:48 PM
there was side markers little 194 dash light style bulbs in a white plastic thing they aimed to the side of the light

and my 88 clock dimmed but i disconnected the wire to it so it wouldn't as i liked my lights on in day time and still wanted to see my clock lol

Yeah, I realized that I was wrong. The light works intermittently, like the left corner light. They're bugging the shit out of me.

So, the problems of my car, which is why I'm giving up on selling it:
- serious oil leak (car will barely hold any oil)
- serious exhaust leaks (smoke comes out of my hood, and out of the pipe just behind the second bend)
- last night, I fucked up my CV joint or something in that area (constant clicking)
- grind in third
- both brake pads are gone (constant grind)
- headliner is getting really bad
- trunk leak is causing mold (from tail light)
- the car is "developing" what I have always called a "Honda fender" (where the door and fender rub upon opening/closing the door)
- I'm discovering more and more damage and rust
- each front tire has a slow leak
- windshield wipers suck balls (waste of $40)
- stupid door tab doesn't work
- antenna doesn't go down (fully extended)
- saggy front bumper
- fucked up or missing trim
- missing parts of intake
- e-brake needs to be tightened
- can't get the three ugly stickers off of the bumper/window
- passenger door doesn't line up
- nasty tear in carpet
- rattles, rattles, rattles
- brush guard is all fucked up
- two tiny lights on the entire car don't work (one on the dash, and the left-rear side marker)
- all of the black paint is flaking so the nasty chrome is showing through
- red interior is sun-faded to brown (doesn't seem to happen in '89 models?)

/complaining.

Now, for the good stuff:
- still only has 176k (engine bay is nice)
- starts, runs, drives, stops
- it's damn cheap transportation
- complete Sony Xplod system with an amp and sub on the way
- still beats most [other sluggish] cars, even though I'm usually just faster off the line and better with shifting at the right time :/
- completely, 100% legal (:D)

ShyBoyCA6
05-05-2010, 05:21 PM
:slap:

i think you should get different car than a 3g charlie is this like your 4th 3g?

charliekuney
05-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Third, but I'll keep coming back. They're too cheap and last too long.

Civic Accord Honda
05-05-2010, 06:33 PM
Third, but I'll keep coming back. They're too cheap and last too long. indeed they are pitty i get to emotionally attached to a car that once i get it i dont ever want to sell it to replace it with a better one lol

charliekuney
05-05-2010, 06:35 PM
I'd most definitely still have my first car if I didn't total it. I miss that car. :( So, I put oil in the car today, and I figure out where the noise is coming from (the lower, rear bar that goes to the front wheel), and I'm about to get some Rain-X and windshield wipers.

ShyBoyCA6
05-05-2010, 07:03 PM
shit you should see me lol im so attach that i clean the dash everyday and rinse the car almost every weekend and i leave that shit clean as fuck maybe i should do a walk around vid its been almost a year since i did one

Civic Accord Honda
05-05-2010, 07:16 PM
if i washed my car weekly my paint would fall off^

and i bet you still miss the first one... if i wouldn't of had to sell my metro id still have that :lol:

charliekuney
05-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Yay, Rain-X and $50/pair wipers!

ShyBoyCA6
05-05-2010, 07:27 PM
if i washed my car weekly my paint would fall off^

and i bet you still miss the first one... if i wouldn't of had to sell my metro id still have that :lol:

yeah but i said rinse lol and the paints already off haha the windows do all the magic :tongue:

Civic Accord Honda
05-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Yay, Rain-X and $50/pair wipers!

$50!?!?!!??! mine was $1.94....

charliekuney
05-05-2010, 07:45 PM
^

http://www.boschautoparts.com/WiperBlades/Pages/Icon.aspx

2ndGenGuy
05-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Those are pretty much the best wipers you can buy. I'll probably never buy anything else from this point on.

charliekuney
05-05-2010, 07:52 PM
They're so worth it, and they look cooler. Weren't they originally designed by or for Mercedes?

Civic Accord Honda
05-07-2010, 08:29 PM
still cheap ones get the job done... dunno why anyone would put $50 wipers on a 3gee.. but to each there own lol

ShyBoyCA6
05-07-2010, 08:33 PM
still cheap ones get the job done... dunno why anyone would put $50 wipers on a 3gee.. but to each there own lol
+1

i wouldnt spend that much on wipers

and i have dual wiper blade action hahaha:rice:

charliekuney
05-07-2010, 08:52 PM
still cheap ones get the job done...

But expensive ones do it better, and with style.

and i have dual wiper blade action hahaha

I just lost that much respect for you.

Civic Accord Honda
05-07-2010, 09:55 PM
haha i love the bright colord and cf dual wiper blades, my next car is getting a white one with a uni wiper

ShyBoyCA6
05-07-2010, 10:02 PM
cant even tell the difference unless you pick it up haha.but i gotta admit that shit cleans pretty good with no smears

A18A
05-08-2010, 04:37 AM
- the car is "developing" what I have always called a "Honda fender" (where the door and fender rub upon opening/closing the door)

depending on how bad it is, you may be able to fix it by opening the door, putting something between the door & fender (like a screw driver, maybe wrapped in cloth if you don't wanna damage the paint) and then push the door closed. that should pull the fender out to be flush, or further out than the door. and would stop the door hitting the fender when you open it anyway. always worked for me :)

Civic Accord Honda
05-08-2010, 07:09 AM
depending on how bad it is, you may be able to fix it by opening the door, putting something between the door & fender (like a screw driver, maybe wrapped in cloth if you don't wanna damage the paint) and then push the door closed. that should pull the fender out to be flush, or further out than the door. and would stop the door hitting the fender when you open it anyway. always worked for me :)

+ one thats what i did on my pass fender, was already too late for it however someone had already crunched it from the door ><

charliekuney
05-08-2010, 07:54 AM

The thing is, the fender and door are lined up. I think the door is either pushed forward or the fender is pushed back. This car was in some kind of weird accident, and was squished between two things. I'll try the screwdriver.

charliekuney
05-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Ooh, today I'm staining my headlights yellow and blacking out my tails. :D I also need to go "buy" some stuff from the junkyard again...

charliekuney
05-08-2010, 11:10 PM
(:

http://i44.tinypic.com/mht7bb.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/16iyxoj.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/15db30g.jpg

charliekuney
05-09-2010, 11:39 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/2133llc.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/15ouhj9.jpg

Civic Accord Honda
05-09-2010, 02:56 PM
that looks a lot better charlie!, goes great with SSM

charliekuney
05-09-2010, 04:46 PM
^ Misty Beige ('88)

http://i39.tinypic.com/34xkdw2.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/35m3bs0.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/2rdyi3o.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/wqpruo.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/2wm3sc9.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/2rp6890.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/24mccn8.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/kd3kn7.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/9ql3l5.jpg

Civic Accord Honda
05-09-2010, 06:04 PM
looks good, needs moar low

and kanye west? you seemed more like the kind that played emo/metalcore lol

charliekuney
05-09-2010, 06:58 PM
looks good, needs moar low

Yeah, I remembered those parking dividers at my school and wanted to show the monster truck-ness of my car. :) I'm saving up!

and kanye west? you seemed more like the kind that played emo/metalcore lol

Ew, no. I like my hip-hop, thanks. I'm not really into any kind of rap, or country, or metal, or oldies, or opera, or...yeah, I have a poor taste in music. There's some stuff from each genre that I like, but it's mostly the "new" stuff that older folks hate.

And, back on topic...

charliekuney
05-10-2010, 07:59 PM
http://hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/hs583.snc3/30749_1296284239718_1008699862_637304_5082310_n.jp g
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs583.snc3/30749_1296284279719_1008699862_637305_1767949_n.jp g
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs563.snc3/30749_1296284319720_1008699862_637306_4433805_n.jp g
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs583.snc3/30749_1296284399722_1008699862_637307_7011062_n.jp g
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs583.snc3/30749_1296284439723_1008699862_637308_704180_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs523.ash1/30749_1296284479724_1008699862_637309_1641774_n.jp g
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs583.snc3/30749_1296284519725_1008699862_637310_7443047_n.jp g
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs523.ash1/30749_1296284559726_1008699862_637311_3970730_n.jp g
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs523.ash1/30749_1296284599727_1008699862_637312_891442_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs523.ash1/30749_1296284639728_1008699862_637313_7471115_n.jp g

charliekuney
05-10-2010, 08:00 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs523.ash1/30749_1296284679729_1008699862_637314_5647364_n.jp g
http://hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/hs563.snc3/30749_1296284719730_1008699862_637315_7682415_n.jp g
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sjc1/hs563.snc3/30749_1296284759731_1008699862_637316_3782216_n.jp g
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs523.ash1/30749_1296284799732_1008699862_637317_1858811_n.jp g
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs523.ash1/30749_1296284839733_1008699862_637318_6750987_n.jp g
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs563.snc3/30749_1296284879734_1008699862_637319_1422979_n.jp g
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sjc1/hs563.snc3/30749_1296284919735_1008699862_637320_5916913_n.jp g
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs523.ash1/30749_1296284959736_1008699862_637321_989533_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs523.ash1/30749_1296284999737_1008699862_637322_1582825_n.jp g
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sjc1/hs583.snc3/30749_1296285039738_1008699862_637323_8352919_n.jp g

charliekuney
05-10-2010, 08:02 PM
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs583.snc3/30749_1296285319745_1008699862_637330_234329_n.jpg
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs563.snc3/30749_1296285399747_1008699862_637331_1355351_n.jp g
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sjc1/hs583.snc3/30749_1296285439748_1008699862_637332_4364710_n.jp g
http://hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/hs563.snc3/30749_1296285479749_1008699862_637333_4714798_n.jp g
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sjc1/hs583.snc3/30749_1296285519750_1008699862_637334_4396700_n.jp g
http://hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/hs563.snc3/30749_1296285559751_1008699862_637335_7703269_n.jp g
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs523.ash1/30749_1296285599752_1008699862_637336_298245_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs523.ash1/30749_1296285679754_1008699862_637338_4351241_n.jp g
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs523.ash1/30749_1296285719755_1008699862_637339_6189211_n.jp g
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs563.snc3/30749_1296285759756_1008699862_637340_6138644_n.jp g

charliekuney
05-10-2010, 08:02 PM
http://hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/hs583.snc3/30749_1296285799757_1008699862_637341_930576_n.jpg
http://hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/hs583.snc3/30749_1296285879759_1008699862_637342_7376231_n.jp g
http://hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/hs563.snc3/30749_1296286079764_1008699862_637346_916044_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs523.ash1/30749_1296286119765_1008699862_637347_2513339_n.jp g
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs523.ash1/30749_1296286199767_1008699862_637349_3901524_n.jp g

A18A
05-11-2010, 12:15 AM
black tail lights ftw

itzdave
05-11-2010, 11:36 AM
i think its about time u buy my susp...

charliekuney
05-11-2010, 02:04 PM
black tail lights ftw

Yes. I did them myself. :D Which is why they look like shit...

i think its about time u buy my susp...

Yes. :D But, once I get a new car:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/1734678178.html

DJAJ
05-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Is it legal to stain the taillights? :D

charliekuney
05-11-2010, 07:52 PM
Is it legal to stain the taillights? :D

No, along with removing the front plate (today). But, you should have seen my last coupe.

Hondamonster
05-11-2010, 08:12 PM
for the love of all things holy at least wash the front wheels before taking pictures lol. or paint them all flat black so nobody notices

LX-incredible
05-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Taillights match the rear quarter panels nicely.

charliekuney
05-12-2010, 02:15 PM
for the love of all things holy at least wash the front wheels before taking pictures lol. or paint them all flat black so nobody notices

Haha, I know they're bad. I started cleaning the right-front from inside out, but barely had time to finish it alone.

:(

bizzar88
05-12-2010, 08:03 PM
nice ride man!

Hondamonster
05-12-2010, 09:53 PM
mean. and uncool.

Haha, I know they're bad. I started cleaning the right-front from inside out, but barely had time to finish it alone.

:(

i bet dude. get some purple power or simple green and a toothbrush and it shouldn't really take long at all. gotta use the powerful stuff though. and i'm one to think damage and stuff can give a car character if you embrace it. just slam it and you're set.

charliekuney
05-13-2010, 02:37 PM
nice ride man!

Thanks!

mean. and uncool.

Well, I'm just glad he actually commented on the car. I took his comment in stages: first, I thought they looked good and matched the black trim. Then, I realized he meant the shell of my car, which looks like complete shit. Lastly, I decided that he meant the left side is complete shit (mismatched tail light matches uber dent) and the right side is all right.

i bet dude. get some purple power or simple green and a toothbrush and it shouldn't really take long at all. gotta use the powerful stuff though. and i'm one to think damage and stuff can give a car character if you embrace it. just slam it and you're set.

Eh, I'm more for cleaner cars. That's why I'm looking to get that coupe I posted above, or this other car that's just been put on my plate...