PDA

View Full Version : Why is there no constant power to my radio?

LewZur
01-25-2010, 10:25 AM
I have all the wires ran correctly, could it be the aftermarket harness?

2oodoor
01-25-2010, 11:19 AM
maybe the outside fuse is blown, one under the hood.. I think #13 but not sure since it has been awhile

LewZur
01-25-2010, 11:47 AM
maybe the outside fuse is blown, one under the hood.. I think #13 but not sure since it has been awhile

The radio works fine but it just doesn't store info, I have to reprogram it everytime I start the car. It's getting old, especially since it takes a minute to load an mp3 cd.

Nio
01-25-2010, 12:16 PM
The radio works fine but it just doesn't store info, I have to reprogram it everytime I start the car. It's getting old, especially since it takes a minute to load an mp3 cd.

could be a internal battery. *like PC mother boards and there clock and bios settings*

charliekuney
01-25-2010, 04:45 PM
Is the deck old/abused? Too much power draw? I'm totally throwing things out there because I know very little about stereos.

Bluntman
01-25-2010, 05:17 PM
Are you sure the wire for memory is connected to constant power? Also the memory wire to constant power is fused, so it may have blown.

2drSE-i
01-26-2010, 12:29 PM
I would def. check the ECU/Clock fuse under the hood. It supplies constant power to the ecu and the clock, so i would assume your radio installer probably ran your stereo memory to that. With that said, my stereo wont turn on if that wire isnt hooked up.

jpetrovic
01-30-2010, 10:17 AM
Maybe im Wrong.. but my Alpine came with a fuse for the mem wire, Its the yellow one on the wire harness. i think Yellow is Memory on all after-market radios . if u have one check it. Idk how the Memory fuse would blow or why i have one... but i do... Actually its Most-likely going to be your wires aren't properly placed. maybe the power and memory wires are crossed? i'd pull it out and check the connections on the harness. and the Ecu and clock Fuse is a red 10amp fuse its number 11 in the black fuse box in the engine bay. check that... but if that fuse is blown your clock would reset everytime u turn your car off. so im thinkin its the wiring to the head unit or your stereo

Bluntman
01-30-2010, 10:57 AM
Maybe im Wrong.. but my Alpine came with a fuse for the mem wire, Its the yellow one on the wire harness. i think Yellow is Memory on all after-market radios . if u have one check it. Idk how the Memory fuse would blow or why i have one... but i do... Actually its Most-likely going to be your wires aren't properly placed. maybe the power and memory wires are crossed? i'd pull it out and check the connections on the harness. and the Ecu and clock Fuse is a red 10amp fuse its number 11 in the black fuse box in the engine bay. check that... but if that fuse is blown your clock would reset everytime u turn your car off. so im thinkin its the wiring to the head unit or your stereo

Yep memory is a yellow inline fused wire. That was my thinking maybe it blew for some reason.

3ERDGEECARBHATCH
07-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Yellow = 12 VOLT MEMORY
RED= ACC POWER (SWITCHED, AS IN KEY ON)

Good Luck!