PDA

View Full Version : Rear Seat Swap

import racer
01-25-2010, 05:58 PM
Hey has anyone tried a back seat out of a 92 accord yet.Just wondering,my brother bought one for parts.The one in my SEI is shot and i thought this might work,Its pretty clean too.:help:

Edison Carasio
02-02-2010, 07:46 AM
Hey has anyone tried a back seat out of a 92 accord yet.Just wondering,my brother bought one for parts.The one in my SEI is shot and i thought this might work,Its pretty clean too.:help:

I'm sure they are different sizes and would anchor into the car differently. Is the foam in your car bad or just the cloth? You could take both seats and strip the cloth off of them. Then take the cloth from the new seat and put it over the old foam and use a hog ring and plier kit (link provided below) to secure the new fabric to the old foam. I did this in my Mustang and it looks perfect. I actually used the old rings that weren't broken and safety pins. Cost me $15 for a job that would have been alot more at an upholstery shop.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-1001/Hog-Ring-And-Plier-Kit

import racer
02-02-2010, 09:24 AM
Yeah i know the latch is in a diff place,thought i could move it to line up.Mine was trash because it was leather,got one out of junker but was stained .Gonna die it so might be ok.Just thought i would try it because its in good shape and free.