PDA

View Full Version : my poor coupe

anubix
01-26-2010, 11:50 AM
i think its been long enough i can write about it

bought an 89 lxi coupe summer of 08

09 replaced motor, trans, axels, suspension.... everything new and stock
last august i stripped my it and prepped it for paint
(wetsand 500, da 400, wetsand 500 again)

dropped it off at the paint shop
I painted the trim

october 25, some dumb bitch makes a right turn from the left lane as i'm going through an intersection with a green light...
fucking totals my perfect fucking car

her shiesty insurance company sent me a check for a grand. I told them i didn't accept they're first offer, and the response was "thats not an offer. you can' go buy another car with an offer"

i got a lawyer but this shit is taking forever. ughh

nswst8
01-26-2010, 11:53 AM
Don't let them get away with this, push back with your lawyer. You will win in the end.

2drSE-i
01-26-2010, 12:15 PM
Make sure they are forced to pay for your lawyer as well. You can't buy a car in the same shape for 1000. They think by sending you a check you will just go cash it, accepting their shit offer.

w261w261
01-26-2010, 12:45 PM
If you haven't, get together all your receipts, and a time log of what you did personally. Depending on your lawyer, he should push back some, and not be too passive. Second the suggestion about going for your attorney's costs.

2ndGenGuy
01-26-2010, 01:26 PM
Fucking shiesters! Go get them!

Shit even with no clear coat, the insurance company valued my 81 at $1600. You should be able to get more!

Edison Carasio
01-26-2010, 02:05 PM
Stick it to them. I got hit by a CarQuest auto parts driver and they crushed my passenger rear quarter, tore up the suspension there, ruined a wheel and tire, and crushed the door adn they gave me $1600 and said "want more, sue us".

Insurance companies are dicks. You pay them tons of money and then they find ways to screw you out of it when something happens.

anubix
01-26-2010, 02:07 PM
These guys are sheisters, so bad in fact after the accident they accepted liability and refused to provide a rental... another reason i got the attorney

Trust, I have sent all necessary information to my lawyer.

Edison Carasio
01-26-2010, 02:18 PM
Keep us updated!

charliekuney
01-26-2010, 05:45 PM
My wreck was in July '09 and I've yet to see anything.

MessyHonda
01-26-2010, 11:39 PM
screw that...get your money man

-DWM-
02-01-2010, 10:42 AM
Oh man, this is the kind of stuff that makes me nervous about having a nice 3G... I hope it all works out in your favor.

MessyHonda
02-02-2010, 09:42 PM
any pics? or can it be fixed

LewZur
02-04-2010, 11:37 AM
Insurance companies are the biggest scam artists ever. I bet in their spare time they write emails about being some prince stranded away from his riches, but will gladly share if you could help. Fuck insurance companies especially progressive!!!

anubix
02-08-2010, 02:29 PM
any pics? or can it be fixed

It can be fixed, will require some frame time. I can see by the upper strut bar that the driver shock tower is a little bit further back than the passenger one... and for that reason, I am choosing not to fix it. Even if I get it pulled out, the whole car will still just a c-hair off. Makes working on shit impossible sometimes, things that are supposed to fit, even used to fit before, don't fit no more, and usually have to be slightly modified. I prefer cars w/o salvage titles, especially with how often people plow into me.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/Gir42/IMG_1144.jpg

charliekuney
02-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Dude, I just sold that whole area from my parts coupe. Same color, too.

Civic Accord Honda
02-08-2010, 05:04 PM
damn man that blows, car looked minty :( , find another good 3g and swap all your new parts over!

labeledsk8r
02-08-2010, 05:08 PM
my budy rebuilt a car form almost the same condition. so its doable and not much work either... but that does suck

anubix
02-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Dude, I just sold that whole area from my parts coupe. Same color, too.

And your point is?

my budy rebuilt a car form almost the same condition. so its doable and not much work either... but that does suck

I admitted its do-able WITH some frame time, but I don't to drive/fix a car that's been on a frame machine.

damn man that blows, car looked minty :( , find another good 3g and swap all your new parts over!

it was. I was so pissed when it got smashed almost clobbered the girl that did it.

charliekuney
02-08-2010, 05:17 PM
And your point is?

Put two and two together: I could have sold them to you, if you needed them.

anubix
02-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Put two and two together: I could have sold them to you, if you needed them.

lol, other people have totaled the 3g I happened to be driving at the time 4 or 5 times now in the 3 years I've been driving one. I already have a couple parts cars. If it were that simple, I would have done it already.

charliekuney
02-08-2010, 05:49 PM
I never said it was simple. And, how am I supposed to know you already have parts cars? Or that several other cars have been totaled in that time? None of which being identical. It was just a statement.

anubix
02-09-2010, 01:26 AM
I never said it was simple. And, how am I supposed to know you already have parts cars? Or that several other cars have been totaled in that time? None of which being identical. It was just a statement.

don't get me wrong, i'm not ungrateful, I just refuse to drive another salvaged car cuz I hate working on them

Tomisimo
02-09-2010, 02:06 AM
If the car was frame damaged there is no point in fixing it, its a monocock design, it means that the wave went further then the area that was damaged.. even if you fix it to the point where you cant see if it was damaged before it will never align properly.. I say, find another coup and save as much good parts as possible from this one. Swap it over, interior, engine anything that you was happy with on this car.

MessyHonda
02-10-2010, 10:08 AM

i just put mine back together and took it to the alignment shop...they did it to fac specs and it does not go true straight...they had to tweak with it a bit

labeledsk8r
02-10-2010, 12:10 PM
i just put mine back together and took it to the alignment shop...they did it to fac specs and it does not go true straight...they had to tweak with it a bit

i never said fixing it would make it EXACTLY like it never happend. theres allways small things left over after a cras like that.. re-specing your car wouldnt be that much of a deal

hammer3rd
02-10-2010, 04:18 PM
It can be fixed, will require some frame time. I can see by the upper strut bar that the driver shock tower is a little bit further back than the passenger one... and for that reason, I am choosing not to fix it. Even if I get it pulled out, the whole car will still just a c-hair off. Makes working on shit impossible sometimes, things that are supposed to fit, even used to fit before, don't fit no more, and usually have to be slightly modified. I prefer cars w/o salvage titles, especially with how often people plow into me.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/Gir42/IMG_1144.jpg

Hey dude. Modern frame machines will get it back to if not better than new. See the factory has a small amount of fuge room when they build a frame unibody or whatever. So a good laser frame machine can get it back( if its not too bad) to as good as new or mabey a little better sometimes. And you should not have any fitment issues. Or you can just start over. You said you had 2 parts cars. Just paint 1 and put all your good parts on it. But you got to keep a 3gee on the read.

charliekuney
02-10-2010, 07:03 PM
Anubix: Have you gotten a chance to take a picture from below?