PDA

View Full Version : Cap rotor and pluge wires

Rollz87civic
01-26-2010, 07:55 PM
I was talking with one the the local shop/race shop and I was asking about Plug wires. I asked if lets say a set of 10mm wires and a Msd cap are worth it. He told me oem is the only way to go everthing else is shit.

My ? is if Oem is the best way to go then why do companys like MSd and exccel sell 8+mm wires.

ShyBoyCA6
01-26-2010, 07:58 PM
hahah man probably cause thats the only shit he has lol nah you can use accel ngk bosch duralast but dont ask a shop and if they dont know about performance stuff then you'll be stuck with uh oem

Lil Mike
01-26-2010, 08:02 PM
oem is probably the best you can get for your car, especially the honda ignition system.

Dr_Snooz
01-26-2010, 08:12 PM
It's probably a lot like the Monster Cable you pay such a fortune for for your stereo. The only way you'll notice a difference between that and ordinary lamp cord is if you put it on an oscilloscope (or look in your wallet). Ask Monster though and they'll tell you that your stereo sucks without it. It's all marketing bro.

I'll probably get flamed for that, but what the hey. You only live once...

lostforawhile
01-26-2010, 08:21 PM
not a thing wrong with Accel wires you can get a v8 set and make two sets yourself for cheaper then an OEM set. They are excellent wires, the high end nappa set is also just like OEM, the only reason I took mine off was I needed longer wires to reach with the aluminum cover, plus my wire looms.

Nio
01-26-2010, 08:22 PM
It's probably a lot like the Monster Cable you pay such a fortune for for your stereo. The only way you'll notice a difference between that and ordinary lamp cord is if you put it on an oscilloscope (or look in your wallet). Ask Monster though and they'll tell you that your stereo sucks without it. It's all marketing bro.

actually I agree. >.> I have customers who want to buy mosnter cables at my work.. I flat out tell them its a waste of money.

I have a cheap 5$ HDMI cable, and I can't tell the difference between mine and my friends 40$ one.

ShyBoyCA6
01-26-2010, 08:25 PM
eh i guess it depends on the brand name and which one sells more ..people think the more it costs the better the results i spent 25 buck on my hdmi cable

lostforawhile
01-26-2010, 08:26 PM
Accell wires make it yourself kit . http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/moultriemanicmechanic/S4020810.jpg

Bass Man
01-26-2010, 08:37 PM

I got monster RCA's that will be going in the hatch and they look pretty dang nice. Any other wire though, any wire works as long as you follow the amperage loss chart.

Kicker has really nice power and ground wire. It's the most flexible wire out there, but if you aren't doing crazy bends around seat rails or that nature, you don't really need the most flexible. $350 for 50 feet for the 1/0, and you can get welding lead wires for $150 for the same length. I've got some really thick welding leads (HP Gas pipe portable arc welder) and they can flex really well.