PDA

View Full Version : JDM Parts

mushroom_toy
01-29-2010, 03:06 PM
You know why I will never buy any JDM parts....theyre WAY TOO expensive. Especially when people are chargin out the ass for stuff that is pretty easily found in their country. Just a small rant.

Also heres a small opinion...say I had a set of uber rare super usdm tight accord whatchamacallits and someone in whothefuckeversville wants them. Why should I mark the price up when I can find these fuckers pretty easily and for a low cost since they were an option here. Arrrr.

2drSE-i
01-29-2010, 03:28 PM
You know what really grinds my gears? Puppies! Yes puppies, the cute, smaller versions of dogs. But then they grow up, leave you with a big, ugly dog that poops in your house. Damn puppies...

Lol just jackin with ya, what brought up the random ass vent?

Its all about supply and demand my friend. What we can't get easily is worth more to us. I'm more than willing to bet in NZ or Japan this stuff is worthless, so sell it abroad for a better profit.

Nio
01-29-2010, 03:32 PM
you know I love tacos, but every time I'm in the mood I'm broke.

There should be a law that lets me have free tacos once a week.

That would be awesome. ;)

Heck just sell the stuff here. you could be a douche like the people on ebay, and charge 4x on shipping so you make money. >: D

mushroom_toy
01-29-2010, 03:37 PM

Heck just sell the stuff here. you could be a douche like the people on ebay, and charge 4x on shipping so you make money. >: D

Anywhere you look for a part the price is blown up, not just ebay. I sell stuff for the real...ie: if someone needd an alternator and I had one, Id sell it for what I had in it. You would think on this site that people would want to help people out. Of course theres not many of jdm accord parts in the us...i wonder why? Apparently theyre not hard to get a hold of, its just the part withholding and price thats stopping us. We need to invade and rip that shit off. ./end

mushroom_toy
01-29-2010, 03:39 PM
You know what really grinds my gears? Puppies! Yes puppies, the cute, smaller versions of dogs. But then they grow up, leave you with a big, ugly dog that poops in your house. Damn puppies...

Lol just jackin with ya, what brought up the random ass vent?

Its all about supply and demand my friend. What we can't get easily is worth more to us. I'm more than willing to bet in NZ or Japan this stuff is worthless, so sell it abroad for a better profit.

Of course it is. Thats why all these parts are still floating around. Stuff gets crushed in japan, but what about everywhere else...i see people finding whole cars in nz and other places full of nice jdm/edm goodies for 1-300 bucks usd..

2drSE-i
01-29-2010, 03:54 PM
I think its just part of the game honestly man. I think the JDM guys got us by the nuts personally, but there are people in the JDM that want USDM parts. Just gotta go looking and learn to speak japanese to make some money haha.

mykwikcoupe
01-29-2010, 05:03 PM
I know alot fo that cost is shipping. For instance my ducktail spioler was $60. Not bad for a spioler used or not local or not. The cost was so high because it was $80 to ship. Whether or not it really is in fact this much I have no clue but its what I paid. I sold a center console to some deuchebad in astoria or estonia or something on ebay./ he asked how much shipping would be so i brough it to ups and got a quote. Its was like $250 or something for this $12 center console. he told me he would gladly pay becuase they were very hard to find on a 1st gen civic. long story semi short he never paid and I had to pay the listing and selling fees anyways. What a dueche.

2drsei thats the same reason i hate kittens. if they made a retarded kitten that stayed playful and stupid all its life and small and fun Id get one. But till then Im stuck with these 2 worthless ass cats that claw everything, puke on the floor and stick up the bathroom.

lostforawhile
01-29-2010, 05:30 PM

I want JDM Tacos!!

mushroom_toy
01-29-2010, 05:49 PM
I know alot fo that cost is shipping. For instance my ducktail spioler was $60. Not bad for a spioler used or not local or not. The cost was so high because it was $80 to ship. Whether or not it really is in fact this much I have no clue but its what I paid. I sold a center console to some deuchebad in astoria or estonia or something on ebay./ he asked how much shipping would be so i brough it to ups and got a quote. Its was like $250 or something for this $12 center console. he told me he would gladly pay becuase they were very hard to find on a 1st gen civic. long story semi short he never paid and I had to pay the listing and selling fees anyways. What a dueche.

2drsei thats the same reason i hate kittens. if they made a retarded kitten that stayed playful and stupid all its life and small and fun Id get one. But till then Im stuck with these 2 worthless ass cats that claw everything, puke on the floor and stick up the bathroom.

Yeah but on small parts that are not oblong ar oddly shaped then the shipping should be more than the part. Thats why places have flat rate packages available.

Another thing. I sold a set of vent visors on here for $40 for the whole set, and they were in good shape. no splitting or anything. I see people selling them in the fs section for like $150...wtf guys theyre not worth that much. In junkyards around here they are like $15-20 for the set with clips.

cubert
01-29-2010, 06:06 PM
Sorry...but I can vouch for people who charge alot for stuff when it comes to shipping to other countries.

I sell stuff on ebay on a daily basis at work, and ive all but stopped shipping to other countries because it is a pain in the ass. It does cost alot (the last package i shipped was 7 pounds, and to Russia...and it cost 60 dollars.) Yest the usps have flat rate boxes, but their large box is basically useless unless youre only shipping small items....

Civic Accord Honda
01-29-2010, 06:27 PM
dude you can get the most bad ass JDM EURO SPEC honda parts on ebay for like $10! like i got my OMG JDM EURO SPEC AMBER CORNERS for 22bucks shipped! and there so jdm man... added like 30hp to the wheels... i swear man i put thoses on and lost all traction... i had to get JDM plate relocation as that helps keep the power to the ground and prevents wheel spin as it mounts it closer to the ground to help with the mad g force

geej07
01-29-2010, 07:28 PM
I don't think Aaron gave me bad prices on the stuff I've ordered from him. Its just taken a million years to get here!!

A18A
01-29-2010, 09:30 PM
f1 edition visors are pretty rare, so they wont exactly be cheap :)

Sh4d0w
01-29-2010, 10:07 PM
dude you can get the most bad ass JDM EURO SPEC honda parts on ebay for like $10! like i got my OMG JDM EURO SPEC AMBER CORNERS for 22bucks shipped! and there so jdm man... added like 30hp to the wheels... i swear man i put thoses on and lost all traction... i had to get JDM plate relocation as that helps keep the power to the ground and prevents wheel spin as it mounts it closer to the ground to help with the mad g force

like z0mg! i totally need these! i needz moar jdm hp!

I want JDM Tacos!!

x2! jdm tacos ftw!

lostforawhile
01-29-2010, 10:29 PM
isn't that why the ricers have that stupid sideways licience plate on the body kits? it relocates weight of the plate to counteract all that jdm vtech torque!!

2ndGenGuy
01-29-2010, 11:13 PM
Yeah but on small parts that are not oblong ar oddly shaped then the shipping should be more than the part. Thats why places have flat rate packages available.

Another thing. I sold a set of vent visors on here for $40 for the whole set, and they were in good shape. no splitting or anything. I see people selling them in the fs section for like $150...wtf guys theyre not worth that much. In junkyards around here they are like $15-20 for the set with clips.

You got ripped son. Maybe you're not trying to make money, but these guys are. If you're in it to make a few bucks, you gotta take into account your time, packaging, pulling the parts, gas to get them. I bet if you take all that into consideration, you lost money selling those visors for $40. If someone is paying $150 for a set, that's what they are worth.

And the fact is, the know what they are doing, and the parts are selling. If the parts are selling, they are worth the money to someone.

Rendon LX-i
01-29-2010, 11:25 PM
shit in that case sell me a set....LOL i cant find a set YET again i wont pay 150 for some peices of plastic.i yet have to pay aaron for a set of corners and he gave me a good priced shipped

mushroom_toy
01-29-2010, 11:40 PM
You got ripped son. Maybe you're not trying to make money, but these guys are. If you're in it to make a few bucks, you gotta take into account your time, packaging, pulling the parts, gas to get them. I bet if you take all that into consideration, you lost money selling those visors for $40. If someone is paying $150 for a set, that's what they are worth.

And the fact is, the know what they are doing, and the parts are selling. If the parts are selling, they are worth the money to someone.

Let me know how I got ripped.

A. I was already at the junkyard for a starter
B. They cost me 10 bucks
c. shipping was 10 bucks
D. I made 20 bucks which is fine.

And lol thats why the $150 sets dont sell. At least to any decently smart human. If you buy a set of visors for $150 you are a complete fucking idiot.

Rendon LX-i
01-29-2010, 11:47 PM
LOL....im like wow these guys must thing im stupid YET again there rare and some people would pay that amount TO me its not biggie BUT if i can find a set for lets say 30 or less fuck it ill take em. CAN you get me a set shroom?

2ndGenGuy
01-30-2010, 12:46 AM
Well, if you were trying to actually make money selling parts, you would have gotten ripped. I didn't really mean it so literally. It obviously wasn't your main intention when going there, so it's no big deal. BUT, Your job isn't selling Accord parts, so you probably don't feel too bad about it. But someone selling parts with a $10 markup isn't going to be able to live doing it.

Steve_Si
01-30-2010, 02:31 AM
Anywhere you look for a part the price is blown up, not just ebay. I sell stuff for the real...ie: if someone needd an alternator and I had one, Id sell it for what I had in it. You would think on this site that people would want to help people out. Of course theres not many of jdm accord parts in the us...i wonder why? Apparently theyre not hard to get a hold of, its just the part withholding and price thats stopping us. We need to invade and rip that shit off. ./end

What is your problem? No one is forcing anyone to buy this JDM stuff.

I sold stuff cheap, usually after the person had nowhere else to go. I sold it cheap because I have no need whatsoever to make money selling parts. Sounds like you don't either. Others aren't so lucky ok?

You want to invade, to liberate us from our junk yards full of rotting JDM rubbish? Oh noes!

AccordB20A
01-30-2010, 02:56 AM
when i sell something the price depends on 3 things, how much it costs over here, how rare is is over here and how much hassel it is to box the fucker up and ship it away.

thats why i sell JDM corners dirt cheap at $40US shipped, cause theres heaps over here and they are piss easy to ship, and cost me $10 a piece to buy out of those i would make around $25 NZD

Nio
01-30-2010, 04:14 AM
not much at my yard around here. but maybe I should start looking. :D

I know there are atleast 15 bodys at one of my yards, and about 20 at the other. :P I think I'll start looking for parts.

carotman
01-30-2010, 05:38 AM
You guys want rare Maple Syrup?

paul
01-30-2010, 05:47 AM
When I had my impreza, the parts sites were always good for a laugh, one of the reasons I got my 3g and a mustang.

It was common for people to pay over $900 for a axleback, 3-4k for a "big brake kit", 3k+ for rims, $650 for a CAI, 2.5k for coilovers, etc... Best part was most of the guys lived in Queens or the Bronx, it would be rare for the cars to get over 70mph more than once a day. Some of them would show up to the local autocross and I'd beat them driving my bone-stock 2.5rs.

frantik
01-30-2010, 06:12 AM

yeah but they don't have a faded "f1" logo on them ;)

i remeber hearing about JDM corners used to going for $100.. JDM shit is actually pretty cheap and there's a wider range of things available than in the past

wprocomp
01-30-2010, 06:28 AM
I don't understand this thread,you counld'nt afford somebodys JDM part so you got mad and made a rant about it?

theres alot of factors that make these things exspensive
1.dollar to yen exchange for one,the US dollar sucks right now
2.shipping,its coming from halfway accross the country
3.parts as you might think in JDM land are all cheap and ready for picking,yeah right-even in japan stuff is not cheap,plus older model cars get hard to find fast,most people in japan keep cars in japan a max of 2-3 years due to strict emissions laws,you HAVE to keep your car in maintained shape in japan.
4.quality,japanese parts quality is 90% of the time superior to anything you can get in the US/China made.

if you can't afford the parts then don't buy them,stick with what you can afford and enjoy-I enjoy hunting for JDM parts and until I leave this honda game I will buy them.

cubert
01-31-2010, 07:36 AM
I don't understand this thread,you counld'nt afford somebodys JDM part so you got mad and made a rant about it?

3.parts as you might think in JDM land are all cheap and ready for picking,yeah right-even in japan stuff is not cheap,plus older model cars get hard to find fast,most people in japan keep cars in japan a max of 2-3 years due to strict emissions laws,you HAVE to keep your car in maintained shape in japan.
4.quality,japanese parts quality is 90% of the time superior to anything you can get in the US/China made.

if you can't afford the parts then don't buy them,stick with what you can afford and enjoy-I enjoy hunting for JDM parts and until I leave this honda game I will buy them.

Well said.

mushroom_toy
01-31-2010, 09:18 AM
Who said I cant afford them its just what i WILL NOT pay and why theyre so high thats part of my anger. But I guess as long as there are enough people who want to be original and JDM like woah, then they will continue to pay insane prices for it I guess.

mushroom_toy
01-31-2010, 09:19 AM

And if you cant read part of the thread correctly dont post. If you read I mentioned about cars in japan getting crushed. Yes I know thats what happens. Theres no space so theyre not gonna keep a 20+ year old car sitting around.