PDA

View Full Version : B20B B20Z CRV Engine

blackjersey
02-02-2010, 06:31 AM
Hello guys! I found this engine and ready to order it. I was told that I can put this engine and swap it to my stock Honda Accord 1987 LX-i FI engine using series B mounts from innovative.

Link:

http://www.jdmenginedepot.com/jdm_engine_details/147/Honda_B20B_B20Z_CRV

I called the company today and when he asked me what type of car and model im gonna swap this engine to, he kinda said thats impossible or he never heard of such conversion.

Im a noob as well but if this can be done I'll order it right away!

Please help!

Tomisimo
02-02-2010, 06:46 AM
its possible yes, dont listen to this guy.. the main problem with this swap is wiring and sorting out axles. You can put B16tec head on that engine and you'll be pushing 260hp boundaries..

Tomisimo
02-02-2010, 06:56 AM
I just bont understand, why not go for B18C engine at once, same amount of work and greater aftermarket support..

A18A
02-02-2010, 07:01 AM
whats that thing over the intake manifold?

Nafs Asdf
02-02-2010, 07:08 AM
I just bont understand, why not go for B18C engine at once, same amount of work and greater aftermarket support..

A B18C costs about four times as much as the B20B

stat1K
02-02-2010, 07:11 AM
i didn't click the image but i'm sure it's the b20z's intake box that you're questioning, seriously though can we start closing these threads?

i sware to god.

labeledsk8r
02-02-2010, 07:16 AM
^ lol

Edison Carasio
02-02-2010, 07:18 AM
A B18C costs about four times as much as the B20B

+1, plus it produces more tq than the B18C. A VTEC head and high compression pistons should produce more power than the B18C and more tq.

A18A
02-02-2010, 08:30 AM
i didn't click the image but i'm sure it's the b20z's intake box that you're questioning, seriously though can we start closing these threads?

i sware to god.

lol i learnt something new

geej07
02-02-2010, 08:45 AM
Don't mean to thread jack but if you were to do a b20 with a b16 head would you need the wiring harness from the b16 or what.

stat1K
02-02-2010, 08:54 AM
no you would use your stock harness modified in any case.

please search for questions like these, it's been covered NUMEROUS times.

Tomisimo
02-02-2010, 09:04 AM
are B20B and B20z engines out of CRV are rare? in US that importers import them.. or its for cool factor since it came from JDM land.. because its on every JY over here and nobody wants them here..

stat1K
02-02-2010, 09:35 AM
it's that the usdm engines have super high miles and the jdm/ukdm/eudm versions do not, the b20b/z were also used in models that were never sold in the united states, like the Orthia for example.

also at least in states i've been to SUV's like the CR-V do not end up in the junkyard because of the rarity of their parts, they in turn end up in a salvage yard which pulls parts FOR you and sells them at a higher price. You could ask the same question about d-motors, why do people by a jdm d15b non-vtec for 500 when that's essentially the same motor sold in every civic from 88-2000... well, it's because you can buy one that only has 30-50k instead of the avg of 12k miles per year that americans drive. oh and you get a warranty so why not right?

geej07
02-02-2010, 09:45 AM
I figured since we were on the subject it wouldn't hurt to ask a yes or no question it takes forever to search threads on my phone
no you would use your stock harness modified in any case.

please search for questions like these, it's been covered NUMEROUS times.

lostforawhile
02-02-2010, 10:16 AM
don't worry It's been covered a million times, but I do think you were trying to ask a reasonable question and sometimes the search function is screwy.

stat1K
02-02-2010, 11:34 AM
and i answered your question didn't i?

so get off your phone and get to a computer, it's not my fault you don't have a keyboard and a 19" lcd at work is it?

stat1K
02-02-2010, 11:34 AM
don't worry it's been covered a million times, but i do think you were trying to ask a reasonable question and sometimes the search function is screwy.

pebkac

2drSE-i
02-02-2010, 12:11 PM
pebkac

lol

Vanilla Sky
02-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Come down to Palatka and I'll show you how to make the A series feel pretty zippy.

AccordEpicenter
02-02-2010, 01:43 PM
exactly what is the point to installing a CRV engine in your accord?

stat1K
02-02-2010, 02:04 PM
aftermarket support, more hp, more torque? i don't understand your question, b20vtec possibilities, and so on? plus the motors can be had at or around 600 dollars.

was it a serious question?

blackjersey
02-02-2010, 06:37 PM
thank you for the kind response.

This is a good forum. close it if you must.

stat1K
02-02-2010, 07:27 PM
if i were a mod i would just ban people that had these questions, you clearly didn't read anything on the forum, so if we banned you from posting you would have to read if you wanted the info. get it?

Rendon LX-i
02-02-2010, 07:53 PM
we already have a 2.0......hehe

stat1K
02-02-2010, 08:06 PM
yeah a single cam 2.0 with a small bore and vacuum advance distributors... awesome technology huh?

Rendon LX-i
02-02-2010, 09:19 PM
fuck ya...LOL i get you thou pat. but with some money the A can put some ponies out...i mean not just your regular bolt ons. i mean intake mani/ob1/ you know the serious type of bolt ons. and with boost alot better. Be something new for me in my hatch....B series

blackjersey
02-02-2010, 10:17 PM
if i were a mod i would just ban people that had these questions, you clearly didn't read anything on the forum, so if we banned you from posting you would have to read if you wanted the info. get it?

I wouldnt post if I FOUND an "exact" thread. Plus I will only post to confirm information - not to annoy a genius like you!

geez.. the man-rag. :321:

Vanilla Sky
02-03-2010, 01:38 AM
Like I said, I can make your a20 feel a lot better. I'm not being sarcastic or trying to belittle. I've been working on these long enough to know most every little thing you can do for power. To add to that, I'm only an hour away!

Rendon LX-i
02-03-2010, 01:41 AM
x2

da9
02-03-2010, 04:29 AM
man someone in this thread is butthurt!

stat1K
02-03-2010, 08:27 AM
lol at all these new members who clearly don't know me, let me introduce myself,

my name is statik, i am the resident douche to all you noobs, you make pointless threads and have ridiculous signatures like "i want rare/jdm parts to pimp my ride" etc...

and no doubt as much as a i bitch you will continue to make said threads and have ridiculous signatures. so, i'll continue and so will you, hopefully in a few months when you sell/wreck/destroy your car the new crop will be even smaller, but i doubt it.

your question was if a b20 would fit the accord with the mounts correct? did you find a thread that shows a b18 in the accord? so if a b18 will fit guess what, a b20 will fit because they mount the same, don't they? this is what i mean, you can learn things from different sources other than the yahoo's on here, read about b-series motors in general, read about swaps on other cars, then apply that knowledge to the lack of knowledge about the 3g. i really feel like i'm explaining common sense here. maybe because i am?

2drSE-i
02-03-2010, 08:34 AM
I know I've said this before Stat1k. Common sense is not so common. I will say our search function does suck if you only try one combination of words. I think we need a slight reorganization of stickies and faqs personally.

blackjersey
02-03-2010, 09:36 AM
lol at all these new members who clearly don't know me, let me introduce myself,

my name is statik, i am the resident douche to all you noobs, you make pointless threads and have ridiculous signatures like "i want rare/jdm parts to pimp my ride" etc...

and no doubt as much as a i bitch you will continue to make said threads and have ridiculous signatures. so, i'll continue and so will you, hopefully in a few months when you sell/wreck/destroy your car the new crop will be even smaller, but i doubt it.

your question was if a b20 would fit the accord with the mounts correct? did you find a thread that shows a b18 in the accord? so if a b18 will fit guess what, a b20 will fit because they mount the same, don't they? this is what i mean, you can learn things from different sources other than the yahoo's on here, read about b-series motors in general, read about swaps on other cars, then apply that knowledge to the lack of knowledge about the 3g. i really feel like i'm explaining common sense here. maybe because i am?

ayt genius. like i said i was just confirming =) but thanks. i found the thread and dacantu pm'd me with the pros and cons.

snoopyloopy
02-03-2010, 09:41 AM
might as well go for b20a....bolts right in same wiring an everything.

stat1K
02-03-2010, 09:51 AM
ayt genius. like i said i was just confirming =) but thanks. i found the thread and dacantu pm'd me with the pros and cons.

what does "ayt" mean? are you going for a'ight? because that's the proper spelling.

i really need to tell daniel to stop helping people, undermines my doucheiness.

as for the b20a, f-that noise... just as much aftermarket as the a-motor. what's the point...

stat1K
02-03-2010, 09:54 AM
I know I've said this before Stat1k. Common sense is not so common. I will say our search function does suck if you only try one combination of words. I think we need a slight reorganization of stickies and faqs personally.

i would agree on your first and last points, but not on the middle. the search function does not suck, it's fairly simple to use and works for me. it has it's limitations but that's just the nature of this forum and others using the same engine.

again this question is one of common sense or reading comprehension, if the mounts allow a b16/b18 to go in, then you know for a fact the b20b/z mount the same way, hence them being put into other cars like civics/integras... so what would prompt the question, because some jackass who imports motors and knows nothing about the 3g tells you he's never heard of it? yeah because the mounts have been available for all of what? 5 months now?

da9
02-03-2010, 01:35 PM

im sorry ive been here for quite awhile(just dont whore) and have prob. built better cars than you!

Also you being an internet tough guy and talking shit is hilarious, and i think its funny that you get so annoyed about something that doesnt directly affect you in any way, shape, or form.

Trying to make your e-cock bigger on a forum is dumb.

cubert
02-03-2010, 01:46 PM
as for the b20a, f-that noise... just as much aftermarket as the a-motor. what's the point...

word. If youre gonna go through the hassle and expense of pulling your old motor and swapping something else in, might as well swap something that you can easily get parts for.

and have prob. built better cars than you!

Out comes the "im better than you!" defense..

:rolleyes:

2ndGenGuy
02-03-2010, 03:06 PM
....aaaaaand we're done.

carotman
02-03-2010, 03:14 PM
In AFTER the lock :D :admin:

Tomisimo
02-03-2010, 04:58 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k313/Tomisimo/facepalm.jpg