PDA

View Full Version : Strange Electrical Ghosts Brakes and Headlights merge???

pat8635
02-02-2010, 02:31 PM
I am sure this is here somewhere, but my searches found nothing...sorry if this is an old question and I just can't find it.

After years of tinkering with everything from motor mounts to vacuum issues and finally replacing the head on my 88 accord lx and getting the carb back to normal settings that work year round and it runs as good as new (if not better), I have decided to tackle another issue that is making me a bit nuts.

My dad bought this car new and gave it to me about 5 years ago since I love working on it and can't do much to my 03 accord. He had wired into the car a CB radio (for his commute in DC) and please don't laugh, a back up sensor which made a hysterical noise unless you were driving the car. This was installed after a few parking lot mishaps that WERE NOT HIS FAULT. Both of these are gone and until this week didn't even remember that he had messed with the electrical.

I had the brake lamp in the trunk lid on the passenger side go out and the guy that helped me with the head had a bulb around and replaced it. It blew right away and I left it. A few weeks ago, I came out of my office and someone had backed into my car and smashed the drivers side rear tail lights. Through this site I found one reasonably priced and replaced it. After that was fixed I went to work on the burnt out brake light which is a pain because of the screws and because I don't need a cop stopping me at night to tell me that a break light is out!

I put a new bulb in and all is good until I notice that the headlight/key chime is going off when I open the door. Lights off, keys in had. I take my foot off the brake and the chime stops. While driving when I hit the breaks the instrument lights come on and the lights on the Radio and HVAC buttons dim.

This is a stock car. I replaced the rear lens and a bulb on the other side, WHAT THE HECK. How is the brake tied to what I think is the headlights sensor?:banghead:

pat8635
02-02-2010, 02:46 PM
NEVER MIND...after I finished typing it dawned on me that they may not have given me the corrrect bulb...SORRY...it was only a signle element bulb...will sort it every time!

SOrry for using up space on an easy one!