PDA

View Full Version : Corner Ligths Removal?

blackjersey
02-02-2010, 06:18 PM
How can I remove the front corner lights? Do I remove the headlights first? I have the Hayne's Manual but it doesn't show any tear down for the corner lights.

OR should I just bring the car to a shop near me?

lostforawhile
02-02-2010, 06:27 PM
How can I remove the front corner lights? Do I remove the headlights first? I have the Hayne's Manual but it doesn't show any tear down for the corner lights.

OR should I just bring the car to a shop near me?pop up the lights using the switch on the dash, take off the plastic trim around the headlights, screws in front and on the sides. take off the trim, now look in the sides where the lights are, you will see two screws, loosen these screws, they don't come all the way out, they are retained to the lights with retainers, once these two screws are loosened the light pivots outward and pulls forward and slides off the two pins at the back. it's very easy if you know how.

Civic Accord Honda
02-02-2010, 06:36 PM
a hammer

blackjersey
02-02-2010, 06:45 PM
lol hammer. almost!

thanks lostforawhile! installing clears now!

A18A
02-02-2010, 08:21 PM
1. pop headlights up
2. unscrew 2 screws in corner lights
3. pull outwards
4. ????
5. PROFIT!!!!

[/lots of lag]

charliekuney
02-02-2010, 08:45 PM
pop up the lights using the switch on the dash, take off the plastic trim around the headlights, screws in front and on the sides. take off the trim, now look in the sides where the lights are, you will see two screws, loosen these screws, they don't come all the way out, they are retained to the lights with retainers, once these two screws are loosened the light pivots outward and pulls forward and slides off the two pins at the back. it's very easy if you know how.

DO NOT DO THIS! You don't have to remove the headlight trim.

1. pop headlights up
2. unscrew 2 screws in corner lights
3. pull outwards
4. ????
5. PROFIT!!!!
[/lots of lag]

Do this. The screws shouldn't fall out if you still have the retainers, as mentioned above. Make sure upon reinstallation you don't let the rubber seal get stuck on the outside, and try not to break the two tabs. They're slightly fragile.

Rendon LX-i
02-02-2010, 09:24 PM
I took my headlight trip. its only 4 screws total your not hurting anything. YOU can if you want to if you feel you need to see .BUT i did it both ways. and takiing the headlight trim off helped more room and i could see what i was doing.

itzdave
02-02-2010, 10:29 PM
I took my headlight trip. its only 4 screws total your not hurting anything. YOU can if you want to if you feel you need to see .BUT i did it both ways. and takiing the headlight trim off helped more room and i could see what i was doing.

X2

taking off the rest of the headlight stuff just gives ya more room to mess around with...

charliekuney
02-02-2010, 10:53 PM
I didn't notice a difference. Either way, two screws come out, and the corner piece slides forward and out. Less work my way. :)

Rendon LX-i
02-03-2010, 01:00 AM
lol....LAZY ASS. fucking charlie LOL. what work is there needed. twisting your hand a couple MOE times lol.....either way works.

lostforawhile
02-03-2010, 12:06 PM
if you don't know where the screws are, take off the trim, once you've done it once you can leave it on, it will help you to see what you are doing since you've never done this before.

2oodoor
04-16-2010, 09:34 AM
if you don't know where the screws are, take off the trim, once you've done it once you can leave it on, it will help you to see what you are doing since you've never done this before.

good advice..
I was just at the JY, OMG I had to pee and I swear it was 95 degrees out there in the swamp I was drenched in sweat.. well dont get that image please..
anyway I was at a total loss how to get the dam bumper off starting the removing the signal lights on this 89 bumper. I had to come back to my computer to read up on it.. simple actually but I could not SEE SHIT out at the yard. :toilet:
I have to try an get back, seldom do I ever see an 89 bumper in perfect shape lenses, covers no cracks in tact:D

Rendon LX-i
04-16-2010, 05:43 PM
LOL.....thats what i did to...easyer to pull the trim off PERIOD.

charliekuney
04-16-2010, 08:25 PM
I've never had a problem getting the piece off with the eyelids still installed. Although, I've never had a problem replacing the main relay, either...