PDA

View Full Version : Horn/Cruise Control

CzEcHy
02-03-2010, 07:02 PM
Alright my horns and my cruise control (the buttos on the steering wheel), don't work..

I used a 7.5 fuse for the cruise control, and replaced it with one sitting under the dash..

But nothing fixed it, and the horns don't work..

Any ideas? Maybe a wire loose in the steering wheel?

The hazard lights/wipers/ headlight switches all work 100% it's just the things actually on the steering wheel.

ShyBoyCA6
02-03-2010, 07:16 PM
take the face off the steering wheel and check if its connected and check the grounds

LxAcc510
02-04-2010, 02:45 AM
check the fuse box at the hood, the stop/horn fuse is another one you'll need to check

lostforawhile
02-04-2010, 06:38 AM
on the back of the steering wheel itself, there is a three pin plug that plugs into the slip ring, not talking about the one under the column, but right on the back if the wheel itself, if you were to pull off the wheel, you would have to unplug it from the slip ring. This is probably loose. The cruise control circuit and the horn circuit share a common ground through the column but have different circuits, the fact that both aren't working tells me it's probably the plug. do you know where the two pin plug from the cruise control comes out under the dash? you'll have to remove the lower cover on the steering column, if you unplug this and ground the pins one at a time on the side coming from the column, then press the cruise buttons, one or the other should cause the horn to honk with the pin grounded.