PDA

View Full Version : Know of Any Florida Meets?

senor honda
02-04-2010, 08:22 AM
If so, please direct me.... Thanks in advance.-Bob

labeledsk8r
02-04-2010, 08:24 AM
just missed one a month or so ago..

on a side note... street lowering?? come on

guaynabo89
02-09-2010, 03:38 AM
therewas a Florida meet last month???

Where was I at?

labeledsk8r
02-09-2010, 07:31 AM
meh i guess it was 2 months lol, no one here went anyways so its all good lol

Vanilla Sky
02-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Turnout for FL meets has always been historically low for 3geez. I've hosted 2, and turnout was 5 people for both of them.

If I weren't in such a remote location, I'd host workdays.

A sit is now, our highest concentration of members is Ocala, so I think that's where we should have meets. Either Ocala or Orlando.

If you want us to set up a meet, let us know and we'll be happy to set one up. If I were to do it, I'd need to know the budget so I can plan what we're doing.

senor honda
02-11-2010, 09:40 PM
I understand about Orlando meets.....there are a lot of Hondas there.
There are also a lot of Honda meets in the Tampa Bay Area....I go to a lot....they are not always Accords....-Bob

Where is Palatka in relation to Tampa?-Bob

Turnout for FL meets has always been historically low for 3geez. I've hosted 2, and turnout was 5 people for both of them.

If I weren't in such a remote location, I'd host workdays.

A sit is now, our highest concentration of members is Ocala, so I think that's where we should have meets. Either Ocala or Orlando.

If you want us to set up a meet, let us know and we'll be happy to set one up. If I were to do it, I'd need to know the budget so I can plan what we're doing.

Vanilla Sky
02-11-2010, 09:50 PM
North Central FL, between Gainesville and St. Augustine. It's about 3 hours worth of pavement. It's a bit much to hang out with a couple of guys, but not bad for a full work day.

GLICIOUS21
06-19-2010, 08:20 PM
turnout for fl meets has always been historically low for3geez. I've hosted 2, and turnout was 5 people for both of them. If i weren't in such a remote location, i'd host workdays. A sit is now, our highest concentration of members is ocala, so i think that's where we should have meets. Either ocala or orlando. If you want us to set up a meet, let us know and we'll be happy to set one up. If i were to do it, i'd need to know the budget so i can plan what we're doing. um n ruskin florida n wondering where d 3rd gen support at. I get tired of going 2 honda meets where every body b like dam that is a clean honda. What the fk is it? I went 2 a import meet n ocala last year n parked next 2 bob lol. When my h22 swap is finish i will gladly post a meet 4 us with full support. N bob wil help me

GLICIOUS21
06-19-2010, 08:33 PM
I understand about Orlando meets.....there are a lot of Hondas there.
There are also a lot of Honda meets in the Tampa Bay Area....I go to a lot....they are not always Accords....-Bob

Where is Palatka in relation to Tampa?-Bob

DAMMIT, WHERE WAS I. IT WONT HAPPEN AGAIN, NEXT TIME U GOT A IDEA HIT ME UP N WE CAN MEET UP SO I CAN HELP U SETUP OR WHAT EVER MAN RUSKIN IS ABOUT 40 MINS FROM TAMPA BUT WITH MY POLICE INTERCEPTER OR COBRA I CAN MAKE IT 10 MINS. LOL SPEED LIMITS R RIDICULIS.(813) 412-9884:rice:

labeledsk8r
06-19-2010, 09:15 PM
um n ruskin florida n wondering where d 3rd gen support at. I get tired of going 2 honda meets where every body b like dam that is a clean honda. What the fk is it? I went 2 a import meet n ocala last year n parked next 2 bob lol. When my h22 swap is finish i will gladly post a meet 4 us with full support. N bob wil help me

inport meet in ocala?? in all my years of liveing here i have known nothing about this?. i REALLY hope you dont mean the little sat night group up that happens every week lol

GLICIOUS21
06-24-2010, 08:46 PM
inport meet in ocala?? In all my years of liveing here i have known nothing about this?. I really hope you dont mean the little sat night group up that happens every week loli know. It was hidden somewhere behind some gas stations and when i seen a integra type r following a rsx type s i followed them right 2 the spot. The area wasnt that big and some s2000 guys were about 2 fight when i got there.

CzEcHy
06-24-2010, 09:35 PM
I'd have a closer time going to a GA meet than a FL meet, pfft.

I've seen only one other member around me and he sold his hatch after I bought a bunch of parts from it..

GLICIOUS21
06-24-2010, 09:52 PM
I'd have a closer time going to a GA meet than a FL meet, pfft.

I've seen only one other member around me and he sold his hatch after I bought a bunch of parts from it..

YEA IT SUCK FOR US 3RD GENS ROUND HERE. :stick:ANY TIME I SEE ANOTHER TIGHT LOOKIN 3RD GEN ITS ALWAYS BOB LOL. SALUTE AND KEEP DRIVIN.

labeledsk8r
06-24-2010, 10:32 PM
well im out of the 3rd gen game ( but would like ot think i know my way around one just check the links in my sig), but a buddy has a se-i coupe that he's restoreing, he doesnt post shit on it though. 3geez are mostly dead even the local junkyards hardly get parts in for them ( you should know if your local) but yeah ocala seems to actully have the most members in FL if you count yourself (dunno if your actully here) then it would be 4 LOL

GLICIOUS21
06-25-2010, 12:45 AM
well im out of the 3rd gen game ( but would like ot think i know my way around one just check the links in my sig), but a buddy has a se-i coupe that he's restoreing, he doesnt post shit on it though.3geez are mostly dead even the local junkyards hardly get parts in for them ( you should know if your local) but yeah ocala seems to actully have the most members in fl if you count yourself (dunno if your actully here) then it would be 4 lol um about a hour from ocala but i still count myself with yall....

Sickest3G
09-04-2011, 05:51 PM
Im in s. Tampa but Im in too. I don't get on 3geez much so here's my number 8134514063 when ever the decision is made somebody please hit me up and sickest3g will be there. Peace bros.

senor honda
09-20-2011, 08:27 AM
11th Annual CRX Meet - Nov 13th @ Old Town in Kissimmee[/h]
The date is November 13th 2011 at Old Town in Kissimmee.

Start time is 10AM until whenever.
The benefit this year will be for Children's Hospice.

All CRX's, Del Sol's, CRZ's are welcome as well as all other Honda/Acura makes and models. Last year I parked my Accord in the "and friends" section. You can park next to me. :)

More details at:http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/local-events/754394-11th-annual-crx-meet-nov-13th-old-town-kissimmee.html
(check the 4th post down for link to see pictures)

or [email protected]

jarhead
09-24-2011, 07:35 PM
This is where its at for any accord fan

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76498

Sickest3G
10-02-2011, 08:19 PM
I like how that sounds. Never been there but I plan on coming. Im coming from tampa so if anyone would like to meet up to ride together then shoot me a pm. Hope to see some of the fellow 3G community there aswell.

jarhead
10-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Well now that I know we are getting more 3rd gens, ima go ahead and get the 3rd gen award made!!!!

guaynabo89
10-03-2011, 02:55 PM
I'm only going Saturday and I'm taking the turnpike down from olanso to pick up a friend in ft lauraldale.

Convenienze
12-06-2011, 07:31 AM
im game for a meet. we should all get together :)

guaynabo89
12-06-2011, 08:00 AM
You just missed the biggest one this past saturday.

senor honda
06-19-2012, 01:47 AM
Guys,
We talked some time back about Florida meets.

There is something coming up on Saturday 21 July that is import car-related.
Along with their Hot Rod show, the Chamber of Commerce/Plant City is
sponsoring an all import meet! Shocking, isn't it?

I have been telling some people That I know.
You can also post this on to the forums that you belong to.
The whole import scene will benefit if we can get a
good turnout. Most of the time all they have is hot rods.
It would be impressive if import drivers could run them out of
dash plaques.

A few details:
ALL IMPORT SHOW/MEET PLANT CITY 3PM-9PM
All years. All Import Makes. All Models. Dash Plaques. DJ Music.
No registration fee. No trophies. No pressure. Clubs welcome.
Sponsored by the Plant City Chamber of Commerce. 3 huge parking lots.
Downtown Plant City next to the train station is where the registration tent
will be.

For more Info, call 813-754-3707, 800-760-2315, [email protected], www.plantcity.org and if I can be of some help, let me know. 813-839-4281/[email protected]. Thanks. -Bob

senor honda
09-04-2012, 10:07 AM
If anyone needs more info, get back with me. -Bob

Simply Clean/ Destination Daytona/ Ormond Beach $5/person/ Pavement parking for all

It’s that time of year again to gather all car enthusiats to one location for a special day of meeting new people, showing off your ride and helping the needy. Yup, you heard right… HELPING THE NEEDY. We are so blessed to have a fourth installment of our Simply Clean event that we have decided to pick an organization to give back to. “Pathways To Care, a program of Catholic Charities of Central Florida, is a not-for-profit assisted Living facility which provides recuperative care to homeless men & women recovering from an acute illness of injury.” With over 3,000+ people in attendance at SC3, we know that we can help make those in need have a great Thanksgiving by collecting your donations of canned goods and non perishable foods.
We are also happy to announce that we have moved the location to a huge complex in Ormond Beach called Destination Daytona. It has its very own hotel on the property for that up close and personal experience along with a few shops, restaurants and a bar to knock back a few brew’s with the homies. We’re positive you will be just as excited about it as we are!!!!!
Come on out and experience what we believe in which is having a great time with friends and those alike. We can guarantee that it will be more than worth the drive if you love what we do. No trophies, no competing for 1st place and definitely no drama! Just taking it back to the basics of meeting new people, drinking beer and talking about cars.
WHEN
Saturday, November 10th 2012
11am to 4pm

WHERE
Destination Daytona
1637 N US Hwy 1,
Ormond Beach, FL 32174
Phone: 866-642-3464

© 2012 Scott Keating
HOW MUCH
$5 Per Person
REGISTRATION
No Registration Needed…. Everybody Gets Concrete!!!
DONATIONS
-Canned Foods
-Non Perishables
-Personal Hygiene Items-
-Deodorant
-Toothbrush
-Toothpaste
-Body Wash
-Mouth Wash
Every donation will receive raffle tickets to win prizes from our vendors.
RULES
Due to the venue having an on location restaurant, ABSOLUTELY NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINKS ALLOWED ON PROPERTY
VENDORS
To become a vendor for our SC4 event, please send email to [email protected] providing Company Name, Website, Products/Services and Location
HOTEL STAY
We are happy to announce that Destination Daytona Inn & Suites is located on the property and provides a great hotel experience for travelers. The whole Simply Clean crew will actually be lodging here from Friday-Sunday.
Destination Daytona Inn & Suites
1635 North US Highway 1
Ormond Beach, Florida 32174
Phone (Local): (386) 944-1500
Phone (Toll Free): (877) 498-1500
Mention “Sport Rate” to get a discounted price of $79 Per Night

senor honda
09-05-2012, 05:17 PM
More than a meet............-Bob
29 September/Titan Motorsports End of Summer Meet 11AM-3PM

Summers coming to an end and the temperatures are beginning to get to a reasonable level, what better way to celebrate than a MEET / Warehouse sale at Titan. Warehouse Clearance Sale on Overstock, Damaged, and Discontinued Items. We'll also be offering great deals on brand new parts. NOS will be providing beverages, and we'll have a few food trucks on hand to make sure no one leaves hungry. Meet will last from 11:00AM-3:00PM, this isn't a car show but an informal gathering of like minded individuals and their cars looking for great deals!

senor honda
09-05-2012, 05:24 PM
November 3 2012 JAX/FL Sibling Rivalry "The Ocho" (#8) updates will appear here-Bob

SR8 "The Ocho" 11.3.12

Different Garage, Same Shenanigans! This November 3rd, come to the 8th installment of the infamous Sibling Rivalry Toyota Scion and Lexus Enthusiast Event, SR8 "The Ocho".

Yes, we are in a different garage this year, but its a far better location.
The location is One West Bay Street 32202. Remember all makes are welcome, so spread the word. Last year when 1500 people and 650 cars swarmed downtown Jacksonville, FL, we took up four floors of the parking garage and enjoyed cars, entertainment and good times.

This is like Fast and Furious/Tokyo Drift but without the racing. Free food catered by Panda Express. Live bands, DJ's, Dancing, trophys, door prizes. Sponsored by Panda Express, Sports Car Club of America, Lexus, Toyota, Scion. and others. 4PM roll-in. Show starts at 6PM. There is NO entry fee for this event. Roll in together. Park together.-Bob

jarhead
09-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Come to AFM Accord Florida Meet, biggest accord meet on the east coast
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1104293#post1104293

senor honda
11-30-2012, 02:28 AM
Free sponsored BBQ and Car Meet in Largo, Pinellas County Florida

senor honda
12-11-2012, 02:18 AM
Free sponsored BBQ and Car Meet at Phillippe Park in Safety Harbor, Pinellas County. RSVP required

Sponsor has requested location change from Largo to 2525 Phillippe Pkwy, Safety Harbor, FL 34695 next to shelter #6 Pinellas County, FL RSVP required

Open to EVERYONE! ALL MAKES ALL MODELS ARE WELCOME. Free food and drinks for all, Free to spectate, Free to show off your ride as well as see everyone else's Its gonna be a great time with food, cars and friends! What else could you ask for! We will be raffling off an LS custom painted valve cover as well as the chance to get your own valve cover custom painted for free!

Open to EVERYONE! ALL MAKES ALL MODELS ARE WELCOME. The more the better. We wanna fill the park. We will have little signs directing you where to go. We only ask that no one act like a tough guy and burn out. Were here for fun! And i really hope to see EVERYONE out there

Roll in together, park together-Bob

Questions and RSVP text to 1-727-326-2930 or call 813-839-4281
Where? 2525 Phillippe Pkwy, Safety Harbor, FL 34695 next to shelter #6 Pinellas County, FL
When? Sat. Dec. 22nd from 1-5pm

Shane86
04-26-2017, 03:37 PM
This

senor honda
04-26-2017, 04:00 PM
If that picture is related to a fuel injection distributor and another discussion on parts that I have,
up front, I have not seen it on a A20 engine, which is what I have.

What type/size engine does it go to?

Shane86
04-26-2017, 04:19 PM
86 honda accord lxi. A20a3

Shane86
04-26-2017, 04:27 PM
You would have to remove the distributor, valve cover, camshaft to get to this part if you come across that hold on to it let me know thanks

senor honda
04-26-2017, 04:30 PM
I feel bad for you man.
Unless you have no other alternative, you are screwed.

That square part looks like some sort of cam/bearing tower.

If I absolutely HAD to make it work, I would clean it spotlessly to avoid weld contamination, then precisely line things up,
maybe with metal plates and big C-clamps, bolt it to a surface plate
maybe with shims to get spacing right, to represent the head surface
and take it to the best welder in town.

senor honda
04-26-2017, 04:34 PM
Next alternative, get another head and start looking for another distributor from another car
and machine it down to fit in the hole.

My 89 has the same head for both fuel injection and carb, and with a little
work, I can make the FI distrubutor fit the carb version.

Shane86
04-26-2017, 04:34 PM
It's all good man I actually have one from a carbureted Honda Accord but it only has one ear and I can't adjust my distributor and it's leaking oil. But I'm preparing to mount the OBD1 distributor plate to it but I'm afraid it's going to leak oil

senor honda
04-26-2017, 04:42 PM
and BTW to find Florida Car meets, (topic of this thread) these days I go to
TampaRacing.com 's calendar of events, or hit facebook.

In Destination Daytona in November we will have 2500 cars packed into 1,000 legit parking spaces. :)
Look up "Simply Clean". For details, [email protected] ...got some videos on youtube.
-----------------------
No longer :(
Downtown Orlando kicked us out when we had cars arriving at 4AM for a 10AM car meet.
Cops estimated 100,000 people for Mystery Meat 3. Dumb butt city could have made a fortune
putting us into the downtown parking garage.......

Shane86
04-26-2017, 04:47 PM
I'll check it out thanks

senor honda
04-26-2017, 04:53 PM
My carb distrib has 2 ears, and I put ultra grey on the o-ring to stop the oil leak.
Advance has distribs for A20A1, might fit yours. Wires come out the side.

It's all good man I actually have one from a carbureted Honda Accord but it only has one ear and I can't adjust my distributor and it's leaking oil. But I'm preparing to mount the OBD1 distributor plate to it but I'm afraid it's going to leak oil

senor honda
04-26-2017, 04:56 PM
Then maybe this is a cam tower instead of a distrub part.

You would have to remove the distributor, valve cover, camshaft to get to this part if you come across that hold on to it let me know thanks

Dr_Snooz
04-29-2017, 02:15 PM
That's an easy piece to replace. Just two bolts and it comes off. It should be an easy find with a morning spent junkyard hunting. If you're careful, you might be able to drill a pilot hole and screw it back together. Heck, it might even work as-is, though I wouldn't put it back on, then leave on a long trip.