PDA

View Full Version : brake pad suggestions?

paul
02-05-2010, 05:38 PM
I've been using hawk HP+ pads in front, but I'd like to step-up to a more aggressive brake pad, I don't mind excessive dust or noise at all, but I'd want a pad that's fairly durable, and doesn't eat up rotors (e.g. I easily got 40k out of the HP+'s, the rotors were installed new w/ the pads & were aprox. 1/2 worn @ the 40k mark).

Porterfield R4's are great, but they're 2x the price of the hawks, way too much $. Also considered hawk blues (9012), but they're very rotor-unfriendly.

Any other suggestions?...

Civic Accord Honda
02-05-2010, 05:53 PM
ive heard many good things about EBC Green Stuff

paul
02-06-2010, 05:53 AM
Not a big fan of ebc... I tried greens on my previous car, barely got 25k miles out of them, and after a few min of backroads driving they were fading badly,

Two of my friends had the yellow stuff pads (supposedly a light-duty track day pad) partially crumble off the backing plate before they were fully worn.

Oldblueaccord
02-06-2010, 06:09 AM
Axxis metal master Ultimates (ULT) if there still available for our cars stock brake set up. I have another set as back up for my brake set up JIC they change the formula.

http://www.buybrakes.com/axxis/

EBC greens next although I have not run them in about 3 years.

25k on a performance pad is very good really. If you want a good pad and better mileage then the Raybestos top line pads are best in that sense.

Never had any luck with the HP's I junked them after 500 miles. maybe not enough weight to get the brake temp up maybe but they did not perform at all. Last ditch I dragged the brakes on my car about 2 miles and tried a few stops but they never changed.

wp

paul
02-06-2010, 06:48 AM
Thanks for the input!

(you had hps or hp+ pads?)...

carotman
02-06-2010, 11:17 AM
Awk HP+ are better than the EBCs green or Axxis Metal Master.

If you want something MORE aggressive than the HP+, you'll have to go into race compound pads.