PDA

View Full Version : 1st post,just saying Hello!

whywoody
02-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Hi guy's,thought I should finally become a active member over here!
I joined 4 years ago....
My wife and I have owned our 89 Accord lx coupe for about 8 years now,and while it has been a great car the whole time,it is starting to need some attention.Thought I should start joining in on the info/knowledge sharing!
I'm active with other automotive projects too,and although none of them are Honda's,they have taught me alot and I've gained what I believe to be reasonable experience mechanically.

Thanks!

dacantu
02-07-2010, 09:56 PM
:welcome:

feel free to do some searching on any problems that you are having. the search tab is at the top of the page. if you cant find what youre looking for we're more than willing to help.

glad to have you aboard, you should post some pictures of your accord after you have 5 posts

Pico
02-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Hello and :welcome:

A18A
02-07-2010, 10:24 PM
:welcome: what made you decide to start posting 4 years later? lol

Vanilla Sky
02-07-2010, 11:15 PM
Welcome to our humble site. You seem skilled. That Mega-Fun Mini-Van sounds like fun.

ShyBoyCA6
02-08-2010, 03:31 PM
welcome to the site

whywoody
02-08-2010, 08:34 PM
:welcome: what made you decide to start posting 4 years later? lol

Yeah...weak I know,sorry.The Accord has been running great almost daily for years,which unfortunately has allowed my attention and interests to 'wander' to other things...but I need to put some time towards it now,and don't want to lurk around in the background of this forum.

The minivan :ugh: is actually a blast to drive,but it's really only been a turbo project engine that happens to be fitted to a completely practical,yet UGLY vehicle.The original shell was a woody trim package!

Thanks for the welcome guy's!

2drSE-i
02-08-2010, 09:04 PM
I'm more interested in the Datsun, but thats just me :D

Nice to have you aboard and active.

cubert
02-08-2010, 09:21 PM
I want to see the Van...nothing better than a sleeper :thumbup:

2ndGenGuy
02-08-2010, 09:46 PM
srsly! OMG van pics!! <3 turbo minivans!

whywoody
02-09-2010, 10:16 PM
I have a link to a walk around video of the van from a few years ago,and some info written up about it too,but not enough posts here to link them.
The woody body was really falling apart,being taken over with rust,so I swaped everything into a white body in better shape about 18 months back.The engine was a TOTAL budget concious build,everything I could scrounge from the wreckers and online,or about the shop at work.Some of it was pretty rough lol!!!!

And the Datsun....can't post pics,not enough posts.
It was actually built by another guy,so I can't take the credit on this one!
It's a very neat little car,and very neat SBC engine swap as per a JTR kit.